Could they try flipping crawford and pedroia??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

Could they try flipping crawford and pedroia??

I would be curious to see how the offense performs with both ells and crawford 1-2???  They might not do it, but it would be interesting to see what happens with those 2 wreaking havoc on the basepaths???  Pedroia can hit 6 for a week.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scorieger. Show scorieger's posts

Re: Could they try flipping crawford and pedroia??

Not going to happen.  Petey has much better bat control (ironic with that swing of his), and can move runners over when needed.  He's also going to have 36 pitch at bats when he needs to battle, and CC doesn't do that.  3 lefties at the top of the line-up isn't a great way to go either.  But heck, let's keep him going.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

And when both are going good Pedey makes fewer outs (higher OBP). And that bat control does matter anytime you want to put a play on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I kind of like Crawford 6th. He can really protect Papi when he's on one of his tears.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Crawford his not meant to bat 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th. He's not the OBP got that needs to be 1st or 2nd, or the home run guy that should be 3rd or 4th. 6th puts him in a position to punish opponent pitchers for pitching around the 3-5 spots, but also be aggressive on the basepaths if no one is on and set up the bottom of the order (7-9) to contribute.

I think he should bat 6th.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

5th is a possibility. But not the way Papi is going right now. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

I say DO NOT put Crawford in the 2 hole 2 spot works for Pedroia Crawford is better batting either in 6th or 7 th Spot  don't change it if it aint broken

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Could they try flipping crawford and pedroia??:
    [QUOTE]I would be curious to see how the offense performs with both ells and crawford 1-2???  They might not do it, but it would be interesting to see what happens with those 2 wreaking havoc on the basepaths???  Pedroia can hit 6 for a week.
    Posted by fancy-shamanski[/QUOTE]

Nothing is broken so leave things be.  Francona will know when Crawford feels right about moving up in the batting order.  Btw in 2004 Bill Mueller was the preivious year's batting champion and happy as a clam to bat 8th.  Oh yeah, he was also the guy who singled off of Mariano to knock in Roberts and change the entire series!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

I don't know, crawford did a great job batting 2nd in tampa.  When iwamura was hitting in front of him they were a ridiculous combo.  Crawford knows how to hit 2nd and had plenty of control to allow iwamura to run wild.  I think you're over thinking this bat control thing a lot with the power at 3 and 4.  I also think you are overlooking the benefits he would bring to the top of the lineup with ellsbury. 
    His OBP is low, and hitiing 6th could act as a catalyst for the bottom part of the lineup, but it would be interesting to see ellsbury and crawford at the top.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

or 9-1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

This is an offense thsat has scored  14 runs   3 times in last  2 weeks and if BP had not given up runs  in 8th  to Cubs and another team would have won 14 in a row?

Take the good stuff  Pedroia is  just fine  and will get his pitches and rake the ball

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from drpjn. Show drpjn's posts

Why mess with success? 

They are on a torrid streak and getting used to each other and where they hit.

Francona has managed this issue very well.

Leave this to him; he knows full well what he's doing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

It would be interesting to see, but wont, and shouldnt happen..Its not broke now, so dont try and fix it

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Ells - Pedey - Gonzo - Youk - Papi - Craw - Drew - Lowrie - Salty

Seems like a good lineup.

Pedey belongs top of the order to set the tone with his shpunk and never-give-up attitude.

With Salty also capable of hitting, this will be a lineup that should be one of the best in baseball.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

No way in hell you tinker with the lineup when it's on this kind of roll. No way in hell.

Sections
Shortcuts