Count me as one of those preferring to go out of house for our GM

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Count me as one of those preferring to go out of house for our GM

We dont need more of the same with cherington.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Re: Count me as one of those preferring to go out of house for our GM

In Response to Count me as one of those preferring to go out of house for our GM:
    [QUOTE]We dont need more of the same with cherington.
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

I agree to go out of house for GM. Are we to believe that Cherington was blinded to all that was going on? Don't think so !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

I think it would be imprudent for the Sox to not look out of house for a GM. Interview Cherington, but don't just hand him the job.  Bring in Billy Beane and some other guys and see what ideas they have to offer to right ship here in Boston.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Try to get Friedman from Tampa Bay...................

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

PJ Ricciardi. Experienced,has ties to the area, attends RS games, could be ideal fit.......maybe.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Agreed, they need to look at the Texas Rangers Assistant GM Thad Levine.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Sox need new direction and somebody with a sense of responsibility toward team unity and an eye for real talent at a reasonable price and no more FA stupidity. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: Count me as one of those preferring to go out of house for our GM:
    [QUOTE]                          PJ Ricciardi. Experienced,has ties to the area, attends RS games, could be ideal fit.......maybe.
    Posted by eggplants[/QUOTE]You mean the guy who signed Wells, Ryan and Rios to albatros deals?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

Freidman

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

Is Brad Pitt available?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Freidman is my first choice, he's running a good team down in Tampa. He is a good evaluator of talent and I would love to steal some of the Rays' scouts.

Idk about Billy Beane, I remember when we tried to get him the first time... I would see if he would be willing to go to Boston.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: Count me as one of those preferring to go out of house for our GM:
    [QUOTE]I think it would be imprudent for the Sox to not look out of house for a GM. Interview Cherington, but don't just hand him the job.  Bring in Billy Beane and some other guys and see what ideas they have to offer to right ship here in Boston.

sure beane if he would consider it. friedman.
    the are the best 2 i think wed have a shot at and bean may be less inclined (due to family)
    so yes id take either of these.
    but henry and luchino i think wants yes men or a guy who thinks same as them.
    so i dont think they are considering anyone but cherington.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from walterjohnson07. Show walterjohnson07's posts

I would think Lucchino isn't going to agree to anyone who could mute his influence the way Theo seemed able to do - post the gorilla suit incident.  Thus Cherington, who has been loyal to the organization since before Theo arrived, probably is an attractive choice...also of course because Cherington is familiar with operations and can help smooth out this big transition period.

Beane reportedly likes the west coast.  I haven't heard anything about Friedman wanting out of Tampa Bay, although the inherent problems with that franchise could be enough to motivate him to listen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

thanks walter,
       these 2 were on the short list of 4 along with theo as the best gms available (not that anyone knows if they would be interested in going to a specific team, just the most desirable).

agree on luchino and henry.

Sections
Shortcuts