Crawford 9/12 against the Yankees

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Crawford 9/12 against the Yankees

It amazes me no one posted or seemed to notice that Crawford was  9/12 against the Yankees raising his average to .260. Let's hope he stays hot the rest of the season.

Hetchinspete.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Crawford 9/12 against the Yankees

In Response to Crawford 9/12 against the Yankees:
    It amazes me no one posted or seemed to notice that Crawford was  9/12 against the Yankees raising his average to .260. Let's hope he stays hot the rest of the season. Hetchinspete.
    Posted by Hetchinspete

I'm amazed by the lack of any posts/threads that referenced tonight's awesome game. This is a Sox board, right? lol Alot of posters are on the usual negative threads about the Sox that pop up after a win - by the same posters. Go figure.

I'm thrilled about Crawford's success, and, especially, his success against the Yankees. Our #1 rivals? C'mon. That's awesome. We could very well be in the playoffs with them. This may be his shining moment that justifies any contract that posters love to complain about. He's hot at the very best times. I'm good with that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Yes, no surprise that Crawford would move towards career averages. He won't get there until next year, but he was better in this series than Ellsbury was.

Unfortunately, Gardner is going to have a longer quality MLB career than Ellsbury. Better arm, better fielder, better baserunner, and will pass Ellsbury in career homers when careers end.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

It'nice, but many of his hits were of the seeing-eye, blooper, opposide field type.  It may look good in the box store, but some were just cheepos.

A few inches changes a game in a moment.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

No flares. Crawford's hits were good hits. IF he stops trying to drive the ball like Theo paid him to do, he will be a good future leadoff hitter. Just slap and run to 1st.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford 9/12 against the Yankees:
    Yes, no surprise that Crawford would move towards career averages. He won't get there until next year, but he was better in this series than Ellsbury was. Unfortunately, Gardner is going to have a longer quality MLB career than Ellsbury. Better arm, better fielder, better baserunner, and will pass Ellsbury in career homers when careers end.
    Posted by softylaw

I like Gardner, but you've got to be kidding.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

It amazes me no one posted or seemed to notice that Crawford was  9/12 against the Yankees raising his average to .260. Let's hope he stays hot the rest of the season. Hetchinspete.
    Posted by Hetchinspete

Das is gut, yah?  Danke shoen for the the post, freunden.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The best part is that Crawford had 5 straight hits against the Yankee lefties, Sabathia and Logan.  That's a very good sign for him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

If Crawford performs well in the playoffs he will have been worth the money.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Posted by Hetchinspete

Carl will be a very important part of our playoff run and silence his critics, like Jacoby has this season. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Stupendous.  Sure hope it continues--on a lesser scale, of course--because, if it does, that is great news for the Sox.  And, even if it doesn't continue, CC was huge in a heavyweight match this week. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

Yes, no surprise that Crawford would move towards career averages. He won't get there until next year, but he was better in this series than Ellsbury was. Unfortunately, Gardner is going to have a longer quality MLB career than Ellsbury. Better arm, better fielder, better baserunner, and will pass Ellsbury in career homers when careers end.
    Posted by softylaw

Got your dig in against Ellsbury I see; good for you!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Crawford 9/12 against the Yankees : Carl will be a very important part of our playoff run and silence his critics, like Jacoby has this season. 
    Posted by craze4sox

Except that Jacoby hasn't silenced "all" of his critics!

But man, if Crawford can be the CC we were expecting, what a huge difference that would make.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

good for CC but a lot of those hits were cheap - for lack of a better word...you dont pay 142 mil for that kind of player imo...still it was great to see him have some decent luck and i hope he can ride the mo and bring it up a few notches - his playing to his fullest potential is probably the difference between us the Yanks and the Phillies if we are to win it all

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

good for CC but a lot of those hits were cheap - for lack of a better word...you dont pay 142 mil for that kind of player imo...still it was great to see him have some decent luck and i hope he can ride the mo and bring it up a few notches - his playing to his fullest potential is probably the difference between us the Yanks and the Phillies if we are to win it all
    Posted by georom4

A hit's a hit, man. I didn't see any "cheapies" ... I saw a guy using his speed, which is a large part of his game, to get on base.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Kim, on Saturday's game thread i mentioned that i couldn't figure out the kind of season CCraw's having, being that it was his 4th 4-hit game this season so far...it's strange..he clearly has it in him, also, though they are outs..he's  really cracked quite a few balls that people made good plays on... 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Kim, on Saturday's game thread i mentioned that i couldn't figure out the kind of season CCraw's having, being that it was his 4th 4-hit game this season so far...it's strange..he clearly has it in him, also, though they are outs..he's  really cracked quite a few balls that people made good plays on... 
    Posted by jete02fan

Jete, you have a better perspective on Craw than many here.  If he hits a rocket that gets caught, no one says anything.  If he hits a bleeder that he beats out, that's no good either.  I think his money has simply angered the fan base and only Agon stats would quiet them...maybe!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pitzer04. Show pitzer04's posts

Posted by softylaw

Nope.  He has a better arm.  Thats it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

Posted by softylaw

Dude, the post was about Crawford.  No reason to inject your personal prejudices against Ellsbury.  Give it a rest.

Yukon Cornelius

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

Crawford is looking good.  If he keeps it up, he'll be back to his career average.  Good job, Carl, the Yankee killer.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford 9/12 against the Yankees : Jete, you have a better perspective on Craw than many here.  If he hits a rocket that gets caught, no one says anything.  If he hits a bleeder that he beats out, that's no good either.  I think his money has simply angered the fan base and only Agon stats would quiet them...maybe!
    Posted by jimdavis

Wow... we don't watch the same games do we?? LOL I'm the happiest man on the planet today because Crawford had a great weekend but to say he has been hitting the ball hard, at just about any point of the season so far, and has been getting robbed is downright pathetic !! The guy has been striking out and hitting "Bleeders" for the best part of the season now. I hope this is Finally the "Breakout" we thought he had several times already this season !!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Crawford is doing what we expect ... the Sox roll if he starts hitting and stealing bases.    His swing looked better ... he isn't fighting it as much, just taking what is thrown and trying to do something with it.   He is quite a weapon when he is clicking. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc25. Show tc25's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford 9/12 against the Yankees : A hit's a hit, man. I didn't see any "cheapies" ... I saw a guy using his speed, which is a large part of his game, to get on base.
    Posted by LloydDobler

Lloyd,it doesn't matter if any hits or all hits were cheap,  he has had his share like every one else of hard outs

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from daveymo1234. Show daveymo1234's posts

Posted by softylaw

BS as usuaL...when I read your drivel the words butt stupidity come to mind each and every time...face 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Posted by softylaw

Softylaw is like that spoiled little fat kid, who was raised to always think he's right.  NEVER concede a point, no matter how foolish he looks to EVERYONE else.  No doubt he still thinks he was better than all those other kids who made the high school team...  They, & all the coaches were just jealous of his keen baseball mind. 

Keep glomming onto those "small samples" (1 game) to justify knocking Ells!!!
    It's ALL YOU'VE GOT!!!!!!   :)

I LOVE watching him consistently prove you WRONG!!!!   ALL SEASON LONG!!!
    THE REST OF HIS GREAT ALLSTAR CAREER!!!   :)   :)

YOUR spoiled little temper tantrum posts give me a laugh every day :)   :)

Sections
Shortcuts