Crawford and TJ Surgery

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Crawford and TJ Surgery

Well...well...well.........I said it 2 months ago that he would need it.

There were several people who responded by calling me a liar and a hater.....

Here's your chance to come forward and take back what you called me....Or we can move on as per usual - both of us knowing the real deal.........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Crawford and TJ Surgery

Lets do it & move on !!!!   Put Ciacia in Left & IGGY at SS  !!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Crawford and TJ Surgery:
    Well...well...well.........I said it 2 months ago that he would need it. There were several people who responded by calling me a liar and a hater..... Here's your chance to come forward and take back what you called me....Or we can move on as per usual - both us knowing the real deal.........
    Posted by andrewmitch

Here's a tissue...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Should have had the surgery months ago.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Amazing that despite Carl's trouble here, he seems to be the most clear headed peron in this situation. It makes imminent sense that when being in contention is a long shot that you move ahead and get the surgery as soon as possible so that he can be ready for next season.....and the Sox hoping upon hope that he wouldnt require surgery seems pretty stupid when the player seems to know he needs surgery and the arm is worsening  and Dr Andrews is reccommending surgery.....the Sox Medical staff is ridiculous.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Yes Crawford should have a surgery a while ago, but Boston wasnt out of the playoff yet.  He wanted to be part of the team and hope that he can help the team to get into the playoff.  

but since he need 6 to 8 months to rest at the same time he saw this team is falliing out of the playoff contention.  Best chance for him to get ready for next season as a healthy player.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

What a sensitive sally.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The guy hasn't played a full year yet for us.  I wonder ( a loud ) if the HGH and other PED's he was pumped up on in Tampa are starting to break down his fragile body? 

Thank God for the players union and guaranteed contracts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford and TJ Surgery:
    Posted by Bill-806

Bill, 

Couldn't agree more !!

Pete

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Crawford has hit well (.283 with a .795 OPS) in 30 games since coming off the disabled list. Through Friday, his 10 doubles and 13 extra-base hits in August were the most in the majors.   

What does that tell you about MLB hitters that only 13 extra-base hits in 19 days of August was the "most in the majors." Incredible decline of hitting. 3 perfect games this year? Pathetic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Crawford is turning out to be just as fragile as Ellsbury. Sometimes I think he is chicken sh*t to play in Boston looking for excuses not to play. So far the first 2 years of that enormous contract have been a complete bust. Even when healthy, how much of an upside can there really be with him in the lineup ? He is clearly on the downside. Let him have his surgery & hopefully some other team is stupid enough to take him off the Red Sox hands.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I don't think Crawford is fragile (nor Ellsbury).  He had wrist surgery in the offseason and tried to accelerate rehab, which caused the elbow problem.  He has definitely played hurt, but has hit well. 

I think now is the right time to do it because there is still time to get him back in time for April 2013.  But I also think playing in July and August was good for him, despite the pain, and good for the Sox. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Actually if he would just hit like he did in his 30 games or so this year on a consistent basis, I'd take him back...but it's disconcerting that he has become both damaged goods and a bit of fragile ego problem--something well predicted, easily pre-guessed upon his arrival in Boston...Not a good fit, still not a good fit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Actually if he would just hit like he did in his 30 games or so this year on a consistent basis, I'd take him back...but it's disconcerting that he has become both damaged goods and a bit of fragile ego problem--something well predicted, easily pre-guessed upon his arrival in Boston...Not a good fit, still not a good fit.
    Posted by dannycater

even if he hit like this for the duration of the term there are 2 deal breakers

1)  the allocation of $

2)  his poor defense

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

I'LL Be Back....... 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Ortiz has already packed it in, now Crawford? I don't think I've ever seen a team like the RS, whose players give up so easily.
    Why not just give the regulars the rest of the season off, and bring up the entire starting line-up from the PawSox once their season ends.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Crawford has hit well (.283 with a .795 OPS) in 30 games since coming off the disabled list. Through Friday, his 10 doubles and 13 extra-base hits in August were the most in the majors.    What does that tell you about MLB hitters that only 13 extra-base hits in 19 days of August was the "most in the majors." Incredible decline of hitting. 3 perfect games this year? Pathetic.
    Posted by dannycater

Hmmm.  I don't know Danny.  It doesn't tell me about a decline of hitting.  Tells me about stronger pitching and, more significantly, a correction return to the norm after decades of chemically induced power hitting.  I much perfer this version of baseball.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I miss chemically-induced hitting.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Is this thread suppose to be about anything else than Andrewmitch's paper thin, baby's bottom soft ego?

We've all known for months that Crawford would require TJ surgury at some point and that his season ending early was a very real possiblity. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I miss chemically-induced hitting.
    Posted by dannycater

I liked almost everything chemically induced except hitting.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Amazing that despite Carl's trouble here, he seems to be the most clear headed peron in this situation. It makes imminent sense that when being in contention is a long shot that you move ahead and get the surgery as soon as possible so that he can be ready for next season.....and the Sox hoping upon hope that he wouldnt require surgery seems pretty stupid when the player seems to know he needs surgery and the arm is worsening  and Dr Andrews is reccommending surgery.....the Sox Medical staff is ridiculous.
    Posted by tomnev

I've actually heard reports that Craw was the one shaking his head last sept.  He just didnt feel like he had any grounds to emerge as a leaer because a) it was his first year and b) he was playing terribly.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Posted by Bill-806

And just who is "Ciacia"? Bill, do you actually know any players on the Sox team? As dad would say, "Son, if you don't watch the games on NESN and don't get MLBTV, and don't know who the players are, you aint a fan." And yes, put Iglesias at SS and watch the bat get knocked out of his hands the rest of the year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford and TJ Surgery : I've actually heard reports that Craw was the one shaking his head last sept.  He just didnt feel like he had any grounds to emerge as a leaer because a) it was his first year and b) he was playing terribly.
    Posted by Drewski5

My understanding is that as things started to go south, Crawford gave a very passionate speech in the locker room, pleading with the guys to get it together, but it fell on deaf ears.

By all accounts, Crawford exhibited great leadership in Tampa, both on the field and in the clubhouse.  Remember the Pat Burrell incident, over which he has the support of not only his teammates, but the FO as well.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Look, I will, and have always felt that the Crawford signing was a good idea. It's been really unfortunate to watch these first two season go south for him. But he has proven in the AL East that he can dominate. I know he can for the Sox. He should get the surgery and dominate next season with a healthy elbow and a full spring training under his belt.

Sections
Shortcuts