Crawford and TJ Surgery

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Re: Crawford and TJ Surgery

In Response to Re: Crawford and TJ Surgery:
    [QUOTE]Look, I will, and have always felt that the Crawford signing was a good idea. It's been really unfortunate to watch these first two season go south for him. But he has proven in the AL East that he can dominate. I know he can for the Sox. He should get the surgery and dominate next season with a healthy elbow and a full spring training under his belt.
    Posted by myaim45[/QUOTE]

I was thrilled when the Red Sox signed Crawford.  While I didn't particularly care for the contract, I figured we would get 4-5 good years out of him.  It really is a shame that he's had such a terrible first 2 seasons here.

I am encouraged by what I've seen from him in the month or so since he returned from the DL.  Hopefully, next year he can stay healthy and produce like the Crawford that seemed to always beat the Red Sox when he was in Tampa.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

Well, I think the recovery time for a position player is shorter than a starter, so that's something at least. But personally I think the day he was told he was going to need Tommy John surgery down the road is the day he should have been scheduling his Tommy John surgery. He can't play more than 4 games in a row as it is, and what happens if he gets hot? Odds are that's when his elbow tears. In my view, the season was lost when they were swept at home against Toronto in July - coming off a comeback walk off win against Chicago, and then humiliated against the last place team in the division. That was the point where you knew they weren't going to get on that roll many thought was coming.

In other TJ news, Lackey might make a start or two in the majors this season. It figures. The only thing I could count on this year was not having to look at John Lackey's disgusting person laboring to make it through 5 innings...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]Look, I will, and have always felt that the Crawford signing was a good idea. It's been really unfortunate to watch these first two season go south for him. But he has proven in the AL East that he can dominate. I know he can for the Sox. He should get the surgery and dominate next season with a healthy elbow and a full spring training under his belt.
    Posted by myaim45[/QUOTE]

You are clearly in the vast minority by thinking he can dominate. He is clearly on the decline. As mentioned before, he is afraid to play in Boston. His best days are behind him. Just a few short years ago, I remember seeing Crawford stealing 6 bases in one game against the Red Sox. Now that is dominating ! Unfortunately those days are long gone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]Lets do it & move on !!!!   Put Ciacia in Left & IGGY at SS  !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

WE know We know..Bobby V  told everybody this morning including Carl.