Crawford in Boston to check the ELBOW.............

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Crawford in Boston to check the ELBOW.............

Can't understand why...... After the last 30+days of hitting off the TEE with one arm ????  Where do you suppose the stress is on that exercise ???  All you wise ones !!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Re: Crawford in Boston to check the ELBOW.............

he will still be hitting...just not playing the field for a bit

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Chalk up another lost season for him.

If he was pressing last year....how's having a bad first year, and an injured start to his second year going to make him MORE comfortable?

Computers can't run a baseball team, and I don't want to hear how Henry was against the move when he's signing the checks, he just can't stand to ever look bad.

Can we just trade Crawford for CJ Wilson? Pretending the Angels originally signed him, and we had the money to simply sign CJ Wilson this past off season?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Computers can't predict injuries. You are correct. Computers couldn't predict that Ortiz would blossom upon arriving in Boston. Computers are terrible on predicting good luck as well as bad luck.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Crawford is an after thought. he will have no bearing on how the season goes. Like Ma6dragon9 said, chalk it up to another lost season. Just a terrible aquisition.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford in Boston to check the ELBOW.............:
    [QUOTE]Computers can't predict injuries. You are correct. Computers couldn't predict that Ortiz would blossom upon arriving in Boston. Computers are terrible on predicting good luck as well as bad luck.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE]

But they can apparently ignore a history of them (Bailey).

5 years after this one....and 100+ million dollars. I doubt someone would even be willing to take on HALF of that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crawford in Boston to check the ELBOW............. : But they can apparently ignore a history of them (Bailey). 5 years after this one....and 100+ million dollars. I doubt someone would even be willing to take on HALF of that.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

what's this history of injuries for Bailey (prior to joining Boston)?  You mean the 1 injury he had the spanned 2 season (2nd half then 1st half)?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

tweaks, twinges, ooooo-eee's, and boo-boos' oh my!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]probably hurt his elbow straining to lift his wallet.
    Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE]

you beat me to this....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Red Sox obviously should have kept Burrito on their staff back in 2002 but they panicked when he stuffed the buffet table turkey with cranberry sauce and put the stuffing into the deviled eggs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

i can't wait for crawford to get back....and make all the haters shutup....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Crawford had a well documented history with that wrist just as Lackey with his throwing arm. Theo and Co didnt care about that, they just wanted "their man"..Both horrible moves..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Crawford had a well documented history with that wrist just as Lackey with his throwing arm. Theo and Co didnt care about that, they just wanted "their man"..Both horrible moves..
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]As Dad would say.......  "And Son, there lies the problem" !!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Word on the street is that Crawford's wrist has been bothering him for a couple of years now and the Rays were well aware of this. 

Another fact that Theo decided to overlook whilst singing this chump to one of the most lucarative contracts in the history of mankind.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

People on this site defended Theo for YEARS. This is all their fault. Bill 606  JoeBreidy or whatever, that means you

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Carl Crawford may well be the worst FA signing in the history of Professional Sports. Yes, I agree, he is a total afterthought and will be forever going forward. Like Lackey, I just wish they would go away. CC's signing will hamstring the Boston Red Sox from becoming a contender for years to come.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I would have my legal staff figure out a way to be able to pay Crawford half of his remaining salary to never play baseball again.  $60 million cash right now to retire.  How could Crawford, his agent and the player's union refuse that offer?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to "Re: Crawford in Boston to check the ELBOW.............": [QUOTE]I would have my legal staff figure out a way to be able to pay Crawford half of his remaining salary to never play baseball again.  $60 million cash right now to retire.  How could Crawford, his agent and the player's union refuse that offer? Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE] Yes, they would in a heartbeat. 1 Contract are guareentted. 2 He wants to play baseball and performance that it has hurt his performance and effect his recovery. 3. Why would the Sox do that. 4 The Red Sox would have 2 more win if they had Burnett instead of Lester, right?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

JB...you're right about Bailey. I was sure i had looked before, but apparently I was wrong.

It's too bad Crawford has gotten off to this start...I really like him as a player. When did he reach the majors? 20 years old? So...the sox were expecting a 16/17 year career out of him? They must have had him pegged for the HOF then. Wrong, wrong. Just a bad signing, I said to not sign him, then said it was a bad deal in money AND length, then said he would be on the shelf for the first month when the team kept saying things like "ahead of schedule...progressing very well..." Let it never be said I haven't been consistent on this. Anyone can go back and look at the thread "No to Crawford, No to Werth, no to FAs in their 30s!" I'm no rhodes scholar, steroids are no longer a major part of the game. To give out that contract was flat out idiocy.

Sections
Shortcuts