Crawford injured again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Crawford injured again

I like Carl Crawford in general, but he is barely getting the type of criticism he would get if the team wasn't in first place or 5 guys not named him weren't on hitting tears. He's got only so much time to make a difference this year, two months of reg. season baseball and postseason. He needs to make an impact regardless of how some of you might feel as not being representative of Sox fans out there. This forum has some interesting nutcases and some smart people and some dumb people. Very much representative of any forum on any subject.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Tim Wakefield has done more for this team for 3 million than Crawford has done with 142 invested over several years. That's pretty sad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I would have let Varitek hit for himself too. An almost hit isn't a hit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

A round bat hitting a round ball from the stopper of the KC team and Crawford who wasn't supposed to play today because of the pain and the cortisone shot hits the ball 370 feet where the ball died in its trajectory. Everyone watching thought that it was gone but the nut cases here are sure that Varitek was the logical choice to bat. It appears that many here have brain cells that can't understand what hindsight means.  Most fans will just suffer in silence and rack it up to bad luck, being unlucky, or fate. The ignorant always need a convenient scapegoat and they are consistent and predictable in here. You can set your clock by them. If Crawford had hit a HR, their tune would be entirely different. They would have told us that a hit by Crawford was indeed better than an out by Varitek. There is really no hope for these people. Color them ignorant or troll - take your pick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford injured again:
    [QUOTE]What type of numbers would justify this size contract? People need to stop thinking homeruns. Crawford is not a homerun hitter. He has hit lots of triples, doubles and singles. He will never be able to put up RBI numbers because of the guys hitting ahead of him in the lineup. The problem mainly is he is a top of the lineup guy on a team that didn't need a top of the lineup guy. We already have #1-#5 covered with Ellsbury, Pedroia, Gonzalez, Youkilis, Ortiz. Crawford is struggling because he is like a fifth wheel, the team went overboard to correct a broken team in the offseason. He really doesn't fit in this lineup with so many lefties and so many top of the lineup hitters. But , look at the plus side. Would you rather him underperforming here or killing us in New York? The awful truth is, if we didn't get him he would be wearing pinstripes right now...and likely be the solution to at least one of their problems.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Not following you.  So he's like a leadoff guy - put him 9th or 2nd and move Pedey to 5th or whatever, that's not a problem.  He got hurt (it happens and no one can  predict it) and he's adujsting.  He'll be fine.  

As to whether he's worth the money or not, no one is, and none of these guys is worth what they're getting paid,  but that's nothing new.

PS it's called after dark because that's how the language works.  It means after dark has arrived.  You can't call it after light, because it's also before light arrives.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

[QUOTE]A round bat hitting a round ball from the stopper of the KC team and Crawford who wasn't supposed to play today because of the pain and the cortisone shot hits the ball 370 feet where the ball died in its trajectory. Everyone watching thought that it was gone but the nut cases here are sure that Varitek was the logical choice to bat. It appears that many here have brain cells that can't understand what hindsight means.  Most fans will just suffer in silence and rack it up to bad luck, being unlucky, or fate. The ignorant always need a convenient scapegoat and they are consistent and predictable in here. You can set your clock by them. If Crawford had hit a HR, their tune would be entirely different. They would have told us that a hit by Crawford was indeed better than an out by Varitek. There is really no hope for these people. Color them ignorant or troll - take your pick.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

Very well put.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]This is the problem with the high payroll.  they can't afford to pay the guys that deserve the money.  Entering every year with nearly 40 million committed to 2 over-rated players is gonna be tough.   For the record too, don't be mad at Crawford or Lackey...they NEVER put up numbers to warrant the huge contracts they got...all they did was sign a terrible contract offered to them.
    Posted by jarretfromportsmouth[/QUOTE]

You are right.  I have heard many local announcers say that both Lackey and Crawford were overpaid.  You really can't blame them for signing these deals.  Theo is the one to blame for all of these awful contracts over the past several years. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crawford injured again : You are right.  I have heard many local announcers say that both Lackey and Crawford were overpaid.  You really can't blame them for signing these deals.  Theo is the one to blame for all of these awful contracts over the past several years. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Susan, what about the good contracts, and the WS wins?  Do you remember what it was like before?  Personally, I don't think any of the people here complaining about Theo could do anhy better.  And I am  very happy they are spending money and competing so well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I blame Theo for the entire Red Sox team.  I blame Theo for not trading the likes of Buch, Lester, Ells, Youk, Pap, Perdoia.  I blame Theo for signing Agon.

Blame Theo - this team has been good for a long time now and will be good for many years to come.  Had they won today, they would have won over 80% of the games played in July - 80%.

And that's with 40% of the Starting Rotation on the DL and Lackey playing way below expectations.  they won nearly 80% of the games with middle aged knuckleballer and a kid pulled off the scrap heap in the rotation.

This is Amazing Stuff.  I get the sense that a lot of people don't truly appreciate what's going on with this team.  They are on track to win 100 games this season, after starting 2-10.

Since starting out 2-10, the red sox have a winning percentage of .681. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

And Theo has a budget that is limitless, or is it? We will find out on Ellsbury, Papelbon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]I blame Theo for the entire Red Sox team.  I blame Theo for not trading the likes of Buch, Lester, Ells, Youk, Pap, Perdoia.  I blame Theo for signing Agon. Blame Theo - this team has been good for a long time now and will be good for many years to come.  Had they won today, they would have won over 80% of the games played in July - 80%. And that's with 40% of the Starting Rotation on the DL and Lackey playing way below expectations.  they won nearly 80% of the games with middle aged knuckleballer and a kid pulled off the scrap heap in the rotation. This is Amazing Stuff.  I get the sense that a lot of people don't truly appreciate what's going on with this team.  They are on track to win 100 games this season, after starting 2-10. Since starting out 2-10, the red sox have a winning percentage of .681. 
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

You can bash your way into October but you can not bash your way out of it.  Theo needs to get a starter to replace Buck.......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

It's like Theo lost sobriety, giving CC $142 million last winter, but refusing to bring in CC Sabathia a coupled years ago.  Makes no sense

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

andrew, i agree with getting another SP.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Clayton Kershaw ?

Ian Kennedy ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]What type of numbers would justify this size contract? People need to stop thinking homeruns. Crawford is not a homerun hitter. He has hit lots of triples, doubles and singles. He will never be able to put up RBI numbers because of the guys hitting ahead of him in the lineup. The problem mainly is he is a top of the lineup guy on a team that didn't need a top of the lineup guy. We already have #1-#5 covered with Ellsbury, Pedroia, Gonzalez, Youkilis, Ortiz. Crawford is struggling because he is like a fifth wheel, the team went overboard to correct a broken team in the offseason. He really doesn't fit in this lineup with so many lefties and so many top of the lineup hitters. But , look at the plus side. Would you rather him underperforming here or killing us in New York? The awful truth is, if we didn't get him he would be wearing pinstripes right now...and likely be the solution to at least one of their problems.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

You've got it right and of course the Babe in the fllowing post brings up his anal and silly point of view. If Ells wasn't having the year in lead off, Crawford might be there instead in his familiar role and producing, but isn't hindsight a great thing. I know it'sa difficult concept but we need to give CC more time and to be healthy.

How many fans wrote in last year writing off Ells, and look where he is now.

Hetchinspete

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crawford injured again : You are right.  I have heard many local announcers say that both Lackey and Crawford were overpaid.  You really can't blame them for signing these deals.  Theo is the one to blame for all of these awful contracts over the past several years. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Yes, and blame Theo for signing Agon while your at !!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]I blame Theo for the entire Red Sox team.  I blame Theo for not trading the likes of Buch, Lester, Ells, Youk, Pap, Perdoia.  I blame Theo for signing Agon. Blame Theo - this team has been good for a long time now and will be good for many years to come.  Had they won today, they would have won over 80% of the games played in July - 80%. And that's with 40% of the Starting Rotation on the DL and Lackey playing way below expectations.  they won nearly 80% of the games with middle aged knuckleballer and a kid pulled off the scrap heap in the rotation. This is Amazing Stuff.  I get the sense that a lot of people don't truly appreciate what's going on with this team.  They are on track to win 100 games this season, after starting 2-10. Since starting out 2-10, the red sox have a winning percentage of .681. 
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

Too bad many of these folks weren't around pre-1967, and a decade or more of absolutely awful teams. Had they been, they might appreciate more what the current team is doing. I've said it before, that the team success in this decade has spoiled many fans. 

Hetchinspete.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

true but at least there was a time when I could afford to go to a game

as it is, it is a little painful for me to even be able to afford to watch them on TV

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]true but at least there was a time when I could afford to go to a game as it is, it is a little painful for me to even be able to afford to watch them on TV
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

We're in Milwaukee as of 2004 and to watch the Sox I'd have to pay for cable which I can't afford so I patiently wait for the few nationally aired games.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Echo,
    I am pointing out what a non-performer Crawford has been.  I am rooting for him but cannot get over the price paid for him.  It is a matter of discussion that this BB is here for.  He has been beyond awful.  It will go down as one of the worst deals in baseball history. Only if he continues to play like he has.  He can change it and I will be cheering for him.

What kind of Boston fan would not be commenting on the way Crawford has played?  This is what we do.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]Echo, I am pointing out what a non-performer Crawford has been.  I am rooting for him but cannot get over the price paid for him.  It is a matter of discussion that this BB is here for.  He has been beyond awful.  It will go down as one of the worst deals in baseball history. Only if he continues to play like he has.  He can change it and I will be cheering for him. What kind of Boston fan would not be commenting on the way Crawford has played?  This is what we do.  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

You just might wish to join the minority on this forum and act like a Red Sox fan. The forum is already 90% negative so what do you bring to it? Every move that Titio makes is wrong to the majority of trolls here. Many potential members to this forum come here and notice that it is 90% negative and inundated with trolls. Likewise most of the forum regulars think that the FO is 100% inept. What do you bring to the forum that is refreshing and optimistic and full of gratitude? The real Red Sox fans are tired of the perpetual negativity.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brian1976. Show Brian1976's posts

Concerning the prisoners of the moment fans out there.  How many of you were asking to trade Ellsbury a year ago?  Right.  Exactly.....Anyway, when Crawford is hitting .308 next year and has righted the ship so to speak don't go crawling into a corner.  He'll be fine. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterbase. Show betterbase's posts

The only solution is to send Crawford to the Mariners with some cash.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Echo,
    Sorry but put me on ignore I am a Red Sox fan who is often critical.   What is the point if critical commentary does not exist in any forum let alone this one?  Good luck to you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Concord, the problem with you is that you are so constantly critical that nobody can tell if you are a closet Yankee fan, a troll, or a poor Red Sox fan? Your act is very dismal and the forum is saturated with that.

Sections
Shortcuts