Crawford is a bust

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Crawford is a bust

Enough said about this guy. Gump needs to move him back down to 
    8th in the lineup. He is not producing and leaving a ton of men on base.

Why does he hit ahead of Reddick?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: Crawford is a bust

In Response to Crawford is a bust:
    Enough said about this guy. Gump needs to move him back down to  8th in the lineup. He is not producing and leaving a ton of men on base. Why does he hit ahead of Reddick?
    Posted by ADG

You're the same poster that declared we should have stuck a fork in the Red Sox back in April. 

Those tine marks have long since healed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYASO#7. Show JYASO#7's posts

Crawford will have a monster year--- next year.   This year lets just hope he contributes a little more then he has so far.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Maybe CC can hit with a fork?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The black lab will have a better year than CC next season

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYASO#7. Show JYASO#7's posts

Crawford needs to hit Lefty's better--- he has been pulling off the ball all season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

Enough said about this guy. Gump needs to move him back down to  8th in the lineup. He is not producing and leaving a ton of men on base. Why does he hit ahead of Reddick?
    Posted by ADG

Because Tito loves his vets!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I think he's pressing too much. The worst player on this team is playing Lugo's old position.... Scrubtaro is constantly missing grounders and soft liners that just elude his glove.....The Sox should have tried harder too pry Reyes away from the Mets....I hope Lowrie is productive when he returns or maybe the brass will wake up and just bring Iglesias up and put him in at SS.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Crawford needs to hit Lefty's better--- he has been pulling off the ball all season

Don't hold your breath. CC has a career OPS below .700 vs LHPs. We basically signed a glorified platoon player for $142M. 

Sad choice.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford is a bust:
    Crawford needs to hit Lefty's better--- he has been pulling off the ball all season.
    Posted by JYASO#7

Sir by that statement, you are inferring that he hits lefty's to some degree. I must have missed that at bat. If it was Reddick having the year Carl Baby is having , Josh would already be back in Pawtucket, or DFA.

Good news is the speedy Crawford has only six and a third more years on his contract. I think Theo should give Crawford an extension. Wouldn't want him going to the Bombers when he's 38 years old.

Quick Theo sign him till he's 40, he may slow down a bit , but heck the way he hits he can DH. If you give him the extension now, you can probably get him for only $25 million per year. Gee a guy has to eat you know.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Career averages are around for a reason. Crawford was a bust the moment Theo game him a contract based on a career high season. Theo should be fired for doing so. It's that incompetent. The insanity is that Red Sox fans want him to make the same mistake with Ellsbury.

Crawford will return to career average range for next season. Ellsbury will too. Ellsbury should be traded this before next spring.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

Eh, I wouldn't call him a bust.  He's in his first year of his contract and has a pretty good career average. I expect him to be better over the life of his contract.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Posted by ADG

Couldn't agree more ... enough said.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

Posted by ADG

i can give you 130 million reasons why jd crawford bats  ahead of reddick.
    notice i used the word bats. if he could hit we wouldn't be having this discussion.

more applause please for the baseball god theo blunder.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I think he's pressing too much. The worst player on this team is playing Lugo's old position.... Scrubtaro is constantly missing grounders and soft liners that just elude his glove.....The Sox should have tried harder too pry Reyes away from the Mets....I hope Lowrie is productive when he returns or maybe the brass will wake up and just bring Iglesias up and put him in at SS.
    Posted by sportsbozo1

I wish that Alex Gonzalez was still with the Red Sox.  I thought he was one of the best defensive shortstops that the Red Sox have had in a while. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford is a bust : Sir by that statement, you are inferring that he hits lefty's to some degree. I must have missed that at bat. If it was Reddick having the year Carl Baby is having , Josh would already be back in Pawtucket, or DFA. Good news is the speedy Crawford has only six and a third more years on his contract. I think Theo should give Crawford an extension. Wouldn't want him going to the Bombers when he's 38 years old. Quick Theo sign him till he's 40, he may slow down a bit , but heck the way he hits he can DH. If you give him the extension now, you can probably get him for only $25 million per year. Gee a guy has to eat you know.
    Posted by aussiewill

great post!
    hey aussie, i've been calling him jd crawford, which i think is perfectly appropos.
    reminds people of how stupid theo inepstein really is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

In Response to Crawford is a bust : Because Tito loves his vets!
    Posted by PaulLaCourse

Tito has won us two World Series. How had we been doing prior to him arriving? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I was wondering why Red hits behind CC too..Red hits LHP way better, is hitting way better all around. Then Tito PH for Red and not CC..I think CC will be fine overall, but right now Reddick should get the nod for the #6 spot and CC should go 8th or 9th IMO..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford is a bust : Tito has won us two World Series. How had we been doing prior to him arriving? 
    Posted by jamesey271975

Not to mention the fact that Tito has had Reddick longer than Crawford.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford is a bust : Tito has won us two World Series. How had we been doing prior to him arriving? 
    Posted by jamesey271975

how's the PHILLIES been doing since he left?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from (TheBabe). Show (TheBabe)'s posts

jd crawful can't handle beantowne......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

I was wondering why Red hits behind CC too..Red hits LHP way better, is hitting way better all around. Then Tito PH for Red and not CC..I think CC will be fine overall, but right now Reddick should get the nod for the #6 spot and CC should go 8th or 9th IMO..
    Posted by southpaw777

hey southie,

wouldn't that make jd crawford the highest paid #8 or #9 batter in baseball history?
    i think he's already the highest paid #6 batter ever.

what a bad joke--6+ more years of that overrated, under-achieving bum.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

You'd think Crawford would go 9th, Tito had no issues putting Eles there years past when he struggled. Then when CC does actually get on base we would have them paired in many scoring situations.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

cc can't handle beantowne......
    Posted by (TheBabe)

i think he's alergic to beans and pressure.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

Posted by sportsbozo1

What the heck is wrong with Scutaro, for Pete's sake? I'm sick of seeing threads and posts stating that Scutaro is no good and we need to either trade for Reyes or bring up Iglesias. As good as a defender as Iggy is, he projects to have the second worst OPS in the league besides Chone Figgins if he was called up. You guys claim that you don't care if Iglesias can't hit as long as he can field, but don't take that approach with J.D. Drew, who, as much as you hate to admit is, is a very good fielder. If this was the 2004 Angels, would you bench David Exstein because Robbie Quinlan is a better hitter? Or would you go with the proven vet?

Sections
Shortcuts