Crawford is pretty awesome

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Crawford is pretty awesome

hitting, fielding, speed, grit....a true gamer

Harness was lamenting that there isnt a positive CC thread so here it is...

I could care less what anyone's salary is but I do know I will enjoy watching this guy play for 7 years or so...kudos Theo!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdaytona. Show jimdaytona's posts

Re: Crawford is pretty awesome

BC of the lousy start by the Sox my negativity was getting the better of me and sounding off way too much. But I never said anything about CC. Even though he started slow all I could picture is the damage he did to the Sox over the years. So it is a pleasure to see CC find his stroke. He has been so good lately and fun to watch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from daveymo1234. Show daveymo1234's posts

In Response to Crawford is pretty awesome:
    [QUOTE]hitting, fielding, speed, grit....a true gamer Harness was lamenting that there isnt a positive CC thread so here it is... I could care less what anyone's salary is but I do know I will enjoy watching this guy play for 7 years or so...kudos Theo!
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Amen Geo!!...CC is and will be an important cog for the season, stretch run, and hopefully the playoffs...the guy is a 4-5 tool player and the RS will need him in the mix if they are to get their next WS ring...we'll have a few bumps during the season but we should be right where we to be in Oct...BRING IT ON!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Crawford has arrived and the last 3 games have really shown what he can do in this lineup.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I could care less about their salaries too Geo. I care how they perform out on that field. The smart ones knew CC was much better than his April start and it was just a matter of time befoore he got going. Its going to be a fun time watching him for 7 years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford is pretty awesome:
    [QUOTE]I could care less about their salaries too Geo. I care how they perform out on that field. The smart ones knew CC was much better than his April start and it was just a matter of time befoore he got going. Its going to be a fun time watching him for 7 years.
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

I was wondering why I had geo on ignore (along with andrewmitch), so I just took him off, and did a cursory archive scan.  I guess it was because of stuff  like this, which reeked of pure panic, which I can't handle.  This is one example of many.  Welcome back to the bandwagon.

"i really think the big two were signed for nothing more than to generate flailing interest in the sox (rating were seriously down) and the olde towne team needed to create a buxx but as AndrewM Antiquemen have stated these two signing didnt aPPEAR to improve our team and it may handicap us for a long time - too bad because i drank the koolaid bigtime "

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crawford is pretty awesome : I was wondering why I had geo on ignore (along with andrewmitch), so I just took him off, and did a cursory archive scan.  I guess it was because of stuff  like this, which reeked of pure panic, which I can't handle.  This is one example of many.  Welcome back to the bandwagon. "i really think the big two were signed for nothing more than to generate flailing interest in the sox (rating were seriously down) and the olde towne team needed to create a buxx but as AndrewM Antiquemen have stated these two signing didnt aPPEAR to improve our team and it may handicap us for a long time - too bad because i drank the koolaid bigtime "
    Posted by piersall[/QUOTE]

yup..sounds a little panicky to me. There was no need to panic..History told us that these guys WILL start hitting and hit a lot..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

wow, imagine that, i was upset about our slow start and failing stars...pretty good acting for a troll huh?  i guess i shouldnt have been so down after the worst start in our 100 yr history....piersall must either be psychic or doesnt really give a shitz about his team...im guessing the latter

dumb

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Getting back to the topic, yes, Crawford is awesome.  He is a superior player, the actual 5 tool player.  He will stay in that 6th spot from now on, it makes the lineup unbelievably potent.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

[QUOTE]wow, imagine that, i was upset about our slow start and failing stars...pretty good acting for a troll huh?  i guess i shouldnt have been so down after the worst start in our 100 yr history....piersall must either be psychic or doesnt really give a shitz about his team...im guessing the latter dumb
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Wrong guess.  Been giving a shitz for my Sox for 62 years (assuming I understood things at age 7).  Having watched the likes of Don Buddin under the likes of Pinky Higgins tends to season one a bit.  I also get disappointed, but I have a thing about quitters, having seen how tough challenges can be overcome by toughness and especially unwavering loyalty. A couple of trite sayings for you son:  "When the goin' gets tough, the tough get goin."  Also, ever heard:  "how'd you like being in a foxhole with him?"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

We have just seen the tip of what CC can do....I picture MVP type year before it's all said and done.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

anyone who compares cheering for a baseball team with fighting a war needs to just go retire somewhere...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Getting back to the topic, yes, Crawford is awesome.  He is a superior player, the actual 5 tool player.  He will stay in that 6th spot from now on, it makes the lineup unbelievably potent.
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]He really is a 5 tool player. He doesn't hit a lot of HRs but he has gap power, which coupled with his speed, makes him an offensive force.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

"

anyone who compares cheering for a baseball team with fighting a war needs to just go retire somewhere..."

I would certainly agree with you on that geo.  To enlighten you,  Not meant to be direct analogys.  You may want to study up on rhetorical devices such as metaphors, similes, hyperbole, etc.  I   DID go retire somewhere 11 yrs ago; one of the reasons I have time to waste on this forum. (couldn't have done it during my productive years)

BTW, there will be no further sniping from me to you.  I like my Sox, I like baseball, I get a little defensive at times.  No animosity intended.  Peace brother.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

accepted my fellow Sox fanatic....your longevity has my respect

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

"wow, imagine that, i was upset about our slow start and failing stars...pretty good acting for a troll huh?  i guess i shouldnt have been so down after the worst start in our 100 yr history....piersall must either be psychic or doesnt really give a shitz about his team...im guessing the latter

dumb
    "

Think you might ever learn after how critical you were of the slow start to Pedroia's career?

And yeah, I'm going to bring that up alot ;)