Crawford IS the problem for the team!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Crawford IS the problem for the team!

He resents that J Henry said his signing was a bad move. It was a horrible move and now CC is sticking it to the Sox with fake injuries to avenge JH.
     Get rid of this idiot as he is THE cause of problems on this team. $120k or whatever - eat it and move on  as he is a major cancer!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Crawford IS the problem for the team!

Off your meds again?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In Response to Crawford IS the problem for the team!:
    [QUOTE]He resents that J Henry said his signing was a bad move. It was a horrible move and now CC is sticking it to the Sox with fake injuries to avenge JH.  Get rid of this idiot as he is THE cause of problems on this team. $120k or whatever - eat it and move on  as he is a major cancer!
    Posted by jader[/QUOTE]

is this a joke? or are you in special ed? i think the 2nd.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I wish CC was the problem. lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The pitching is the problem but how much pitching could we have gotten for $146 Million?  Crawford represents a wasted opportunity for 5 1/2 more years.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Right now CC is doing his best to help the team by staying on the DL and giving Ross a shot.  Actually, Crawford hasn't helped much, but hasn't hurt that much either because both years, 2011 and 2012, the offense has been pretty good.  The $20M per year could have maybe gotten a good starter, but the Sox don't have a good track record on getting the right ones. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The $20 Million could have been used towards the pen also....or, towards position players and then dealt current position player(s) for pitching.....It's a lost opportunity no matter what..........Could you imgane if we could trade Crawford for Napoli like the Jays did w/ Wells?  Seriously, I'd pay Napoli $146 million right now instead of Crawford.........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Crawford is not faking injury.  He rather to fix elbow issue now, and be able to be a better ball player in the future for the Red Sox.  He may have been having these injuries all the way back to the Rays;s organization at the same time he never told anyone.  

What you rather him to do?  continue to play hurt and continue to play bad again like he did it last year, and then during the off season, he would have a surgery.  Then he may not be ready until May or June of 2013.  That is going to be a long time for him to honor his contract.  

Well, since he is already signed with the Red Sox, there is nothing we can do about it.  Maybe the safest way is to get him to fix the elbow and wrist problem at the same time when he finally start playing again, hopefully he is a much better ball player than he was last year as well any year with Rays.  Then Boston can try to trade him afterward.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford IS the problem for the team!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Crawford IS the problem for the team! : I wish we could cut him and only have to eat $120K lmao
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

We are so fortunate to have Cody Ross. This makes the loss of CC mute for the time being.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

How about to the Mets and $25 Million for Jason Bay?

Sox get 1 1/2 years of Bay for a total of $60 Million (we'd free up pay in 2014)

Mets get 5 1/2 years of Crawford for $97 Million ***

The Mets could afford it and both players should benefit with the change of scenary.

When Ellsbury gets back their OF could be:

LF - Ross
    CF - Ellsbury
    RF - Sweeney

And Bay could be rotated in when he's healthy again

***  Of course, the question is how sick of Bay are they that'd they'd be willing to pay an incremental total of $62 Million to give Crawford a chance???

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crawford IS the problem for the team! : We are so fortunate to have Cody Ross. This makes the loss of CC mute for the time being.
    Posted by boboinfla[/QUOTE]

The word is "moot".
    Crawford does seem to be milking this. He was clearly a bad FA acquisition and Ross has been a big help but our OF is hurting for speed with Ells out too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

How can CC be the problem?  He isn't even playing?

I get it.  He hurt his elbow trying to be the bullpen help the Red Sox so badly need. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crawford IS the problem for the team! : The word is "moot". Crawford does seem to be milking this. He was clearly a bad FA acquisition and Ross has been a big help but our OF is hurting for speed with Ells out too.
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE]

Harv: You certainly muted me!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from angeroo. Show angeroo's posts

Carl Crawford is gonna make everybody slamming him eat their words.  How many times has a big name guy come to Boston and had a tough first year?  It happens.  It's an unbelievable pressure cooker.  Anyone remember Becketts first year?  When he thought he could just throw fastballs past the AL east?  I think he let up 30-something dingers.  It got better though.  And Carl Crawford has just too much talent not to settle in and be the player who tormented the Sox for years.  It couldn't have started any worse for him, but it HAS to get better.  Giving up after barely more than a year is like writing the Sox off after a bad 2 weeks.

He's gonna get his.... I hope  

Go Sox!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from angeroo. Show angeroo's posts

and BTW   How many homers has CC let up this year?  He's not the problem.  The pitchers are the problem for now...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Carl Crawford is gonna make everybody slamming him eat their words.  How many times has a big name guy come to Boston and had a tough first year?  It happens.  It's an unbelievable pressure cooker.  Anyone remember Becketts first year?  When he thought he could just throw fastballs past the AL east?  I think he let up 30-something dingers.  It got better though.  And Carl Crawford has just too much talent not to settle in and be the player who tormented the Sox for years.  It couldn't have started any worse for him, but it HAS to get better.  Giving up after barely more than a year is like writing the Sox off after a bad 2 weeks. He's gonna get his.... I hope   Go Sox!!
    Posted by angeroo[/QUOTE]

The Sox WERE out of the race last year after only 2 weeks of the season.

Crawford actually lowered his lifetime OBP of 330 in 2011.......and it hasn't budged in 2012....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

[QUOTE]Carl Crawford is gonna make everybody slamming him eat their words.  How many times has a big name guy come to Boston and had a tough first year?  It happens.  It's an unbelievable pressure cooker.  Anyone remember Becketts first year?  When he thought he could just throw fastballs past the AL east?  I think he let up 30-something dingers.  It got better though.  And Carl Crawford has just too much talent not to settle in and be the player who tormented the Sox for years.  It couldn't have started any worse for him, but it HAS to get better.  Giving up after barely more than a year is like writing the Sox off after a bad 2 weeks. He's gonna get his.... I hope   Go Sox!!
    Posted by angeroo[/QUOTE]

That's right. Besides, the players that come to Boston that DO have great first years, we get rid of: Vmart, Beltre, Bay............

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I never thought I'd be associated with a group of people that has so much hate , pent up frustration , and misery.

Pro sports has reached the point where greed has taken over and nobody really cares much for the fan.

They are only in it for the money.

The Red Sox are a classic example of a team that has tasted success and now is going to live off that success and milk it for a few years ( hopefully not 86 years!).

I'd say you might get better effort if you clean house completely and start over with all young guys.

How come the large market teams can't play Moneyball? Trade away the overpaid duds and collect draft picks?....do you mind waiting 5 years or so for the prospects to mature? Of course you don't...that's why.

It's your impatience that forces the front office to make these moves.

We have met the enemy , and he is us.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from angeroo. Show angeroo's posts

The Sox WERE out of the race last year after only 2 weeks of the season.

Really?  I thought they played the best baseball in the league from May-August and were in first place at one point....  Must be some other Sox 2011 season I was thinking about

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Kinda nasty to say he is faking injury.  I've been optimistic about him and sure, the setbacks are a disappointment, but they are disappointing to him as well.  He seems to be a stand up guy just trying to get healthy enough to play.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The biggest problem with Crawford is the negative impact his contract has , and will continue to have , on the team's payroll.  No money available to re-sign Papelbon or pursue someone like Darvish , etc.  Perhaps no money to re-sign Ellsbury.  Of course , this is on Theo , but it will continue to be a problem even if Crawford's performance improves somewhat.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]How can CC be the problem?  He isn't even playing? I get it.  He hurt his elbow trying to be the bullpen help the Red Sox so badly need. 
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

Seriously?

1) Obviously, coming from another team, and seeing what he saw at the end of last year, he HAD to be the snitch.

2) Who else had the time and opportunity to get Pedroia on the phone and let him know what Valentine said about Youk, and egging him to respond?

3) He certainly put some hex on Ellsbury, unable to continue to listen how his signing cost the team this futuure HOFer, and it WORKED!

4) You didn't hear about the thumb war battles he was constantly challenging Bailey to?

5) He also must have been the source about the Tito meds too, I see no other option.

How can you ignore ALL of this!?!?!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from angeroo. Show angeroo's posts

haha.  Good one dragon

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]I never thought I'd be associated with a group of people that has so much hate , pent up frustration , and misery. Pro sports has reached the point where greed has taken over and nobody really cares much for the fan. They are only in it for the money. The Red Sox are a classic example of a team that has tasted success and now is going to live off that success and milk it for a few years ( hopefully not 86 years!). I'd say you might get better effort if you clean house completely and start over with all young guys. How come the large market teams can't play Moneyball? Trade away the overpaid duds and collect draft picks?....do you mind waiting 5 years or so for the prospects to mature? Of course you don't...that's why. It's your impatience that forces the front office to make these moves. We have met the enemy , and he is us.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

SO WELL PUT!

I've often wondered, even before '04, if the reason for the 84 year drought might be because the team almost ALWAYS was a contender - a team whose fans thought was only one player from "being there". 

So.. a philosophical question for baseball fans:
    Would you rather your team were a perennial 90 game winner and only won the WS every 50 years?
    Or..
    Won an average of 90 games a year over a 15 year span going through building years when they were an abysmal 70-92... but won the WS every 15 years?

Sections
Shortcuts