Crawford maybe the worst FA Sox signing ever!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: Crawford maybe the worst FA Sox signing ever!

Copied & Pasted from a Post I made awhile back but still appropropiate:

Crawford, A Manchurian Candidate...Yup, sure, the expression is  "tongue & cheek” implying that Tampa Bay brainwashed him so that he sabotages us from winning our division & , perhaps, not even being a wild card as the Rays hoped to be the major challenge to the Yankees. But you know,  I almost dread it when he comes to bat but for $145 mil($20mil per year) I should have the same excitement as I do when Ellsbury, Pedroia, Gonzalez come to bat.  Maybe he’ll come out of it and this is just a bad year. But I would rather have saved the money and had our old friend, Johnny Damon.   Yup, he’s some 9-10 years older and maybe only has 1-2 years remaining and when he left the Yankees & went to the Tigers, we tried to get him but he didn’t want to return to us and said it wasn’t a question of money.  When some says, “It’s not a question of money", ask the question again !  But having had Damon last year, this & one more perhaps I’d have been happy & we’d have had “mucho dinero”  to have perhaps gone after Cliff Lee and others so that we wouldn’t be in so much in anguish now about our pitching staff. Could have picked up some more offense too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

In Response to Re: Crawford maybe the worst FA Sox signing ever!:
    Crawford unless he gets going like right now is the worst free agent signing in major league baseball history not Red Sox history.  Seven years, 142 million, and he just turned thirty and is a speed player.
    Posted by concord27

i agree with you, but sometimes good things follow bad.
    and the good thing in this case is that theo will be canned. hopefully!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

YEAH...WE HAVE A LOT OF GREAT PROSPECTS.....
    DREW, TEK, WAKE , YOUK, AVILES, SCUTARO, SALTY, LOWRIE
    ALL THESE GUYS ARE AT THIS POINT IN THEIR CAREERS
    WORN OUT AND HAVE LITTLE FUTURE. YOUK'S BODY CANNOT
    SUSTAIN MANY MORE YEARS AT THE EMOTIONAL AND PHYSICAL
    LEVEL HE OPERATES AT. THE BASIC TROUBLE WITH THE RED
    SOX IS THEIR DESPERATE "CLING" TO THE VETS. THERE IS
    NO TRUST FOR YOUTH. REDDICK COMING UP IS CONSIDERED
    A "GREAT NEW MOVE". SO WE PLATOON HIM WITH THAT STIFF
    MCDONALD AND KILL ANY CONTINUITY HE MIGHT ATTAIN.
    WE BETTER START BRINGING GUYS UP FROM TRIPLE A AND
    DOUBLE A. IT IS NOT GOING TO GET MUCH BETTER WITH THE
    STIFFS WE HAVE PLAYING NOW. APOLOGIES TO JACOBY AND
    PEDEY, THE ONLY TWO TRUE PLAYERS WHO COME TO THE
    JOB. BECKETT AND LESTER TOO. THE REST ARE PATHETIC !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

DID YOU EVER WONDER HOW THE YANKEES ARE ABLE TO BRING
    UP GUYS LIKE WADE, NOESI, LOGAN, ROBERTSON, NUNEZ,
    GARDNER, CERVELLI AND GET THEM TO PERFORM, AND HOW
    THEY MAKE VITAL TRADES LIKE GRANDERSON AND TEIXEIRA.
    OH YEAH,,,DON'T FORGET ABOUT CANO FROM THE FARM, AND
    A ROD..WHOM THEY MANEUVERED AWAY FROM US.
    HOW ABOUT THE DEAL FOR SWISHER.
    MEANWHILE THE SOX GET AGON AND CRAWFORD.
    LOTSA LUCK ! PRICE IS SHUTTING US DOWN NOW, AND IT'LL
    GET WORSE ON THIS WESTERN ROAD TRIP. LOOK FOR THE
    SOX TO BE 6 GAMES OUT BY SEPT 1. BLAME EPSTEIN FOR
    PUTTING THESE STIFFS TOGETHER IN WHAT IS CALLED A
    TEAM !!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Copied & Pasted from a Post I made awhile back but still appropropiate: Crawford, A Manchurian Candidate...Yup, sure, the expression is  "tongue & cheek” implying that Tampa Bay brainwashed him so that he sabotages us from winning our division & , perhaps, not even being a wild card as the Rays hoped to be the major challenge to the Yankees. But you know,  I almost dread it when he comes to bat but for $145 mil($20mil per year) I should have the same excitement as I do when Ellsbury, Pedroia, Gonzalez come to bat.  Maybe he’ll come out of it and this is just a bad year. But I would rather have saved the money and had our old friend, Johnny Damon.   Yup, he’s some 9-10 years older and maybe only has 1-2 years remaining and when he left the Yankees & went to the Tigers, we tried to get him but he didn’t want to return to us and said it wasn’t a question of money.  When some says, “It’s not a question of money", ask the question again !  But having had Damon last year, this & one more perhaps I’d have been happy & we’d have had “mucho dinero”  to have perhaps gone after Cliff Lee and others so that we wouldn’t be in so much in anguish now about our pitching staff. Could have picked up some more offense too.
    Posted by mandobello

Yanks offered Damon $52 mil. for four years and Boston's last offer was for $40 mil.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

What happen to the "WELCOME TO BOSTON CARL CRAWFORD".
    Posted by greatestNYY

it's on the same sign that says "GOODBYE THEO EPSTEIN."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Crawford unless he gets going like right now is the worst free agent signing in major league baseball history not Red Sox history.  Seven years, 142 million, and he just turned thirty and is a speed player.
    Posted by concord27

Jayson Werth says,  don't forget about me!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

+1 @ Zilla and Spaceman.  Btw: what's up with the funky new formatting for the forums?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

With guys hurt and Crawford needing to step it up, in his last four games, he's 0 for 12 with 7 K's.

I'm guessing Red Sox management has told the press to lay off, given his pschy. I'd like to see him say " I'm a big disappointment and I'm ashamed".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]With guys hurt and Crawford needing to step it up, in his last four games, he's 0 for 12 with 7 K's. I'm guessing Red Sox management has told the press to lay off, given his pschy. I'd like to see him say " I'm a big disappointment and I'm ashamed".
    Posted by ADG[/

Why not just imagine that they are disappointed. Then they would be just like 99% of RSN. If everyone who is disappointed with Crawford started a thread, BDC's computers would crash. Instead most fans are just remaining silent except for the minority with the compulsive venting disorder.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I still believe Crawford will become a cog (not clog) in the Sox future.  He is too talented and probably a bit over matched in Boston this year.  I am willing to give him a pass until next year.  After that...maybe not.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

traven - Players making $20M per year don't deserve passes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

ADG - I do concede that point to you!  Still I think he will be worth the wait - I just wonder if he has an injury that nobody knows about - might explain some of what is going on.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

ADG, what if they got passes from girls who wear glasses?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Crawberrry was hyped. Crawbust is manifest. Few decried the absurdity of offer Crawford 142M! A lot will now claim they did.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford maybe the worst FA Sox signing ever! : Yanks offered Damon $52 mil. for four years and Boston's last offer was for $40 mil.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil

I meant after the Yankees before he went to Detroit. But, as a Monday Morning Quarterback, Yup I think he would have been worth the $52mil. Maybe we would have given him his 2nd ring instead of the Yankees. I'd have rather had Damon than JD Drew and Mike Cameron too we might have avoided. Water under the bridge. I bet the Yankees would like to have kept him too. Can't believe he gets booed by Sox & NY fans !!!

He had 77 home runs & had a 285 BA in 4 seasons.

Year    Team    G       AB     R        H      2B    3B   HR  RBI    BB    K    SB        
       2006    NYY    149    593    115    169    35    5    24    80    67    85    25        

2007    NYY    141    533    93    144    27    2    12    63    66    79      27             
       2008    NYY    143    555    95    168    27    5    17    71    64    82      29        

2009    NYY    143    550    107    155    36    3    24    82    71    98  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In Response to Crawford maybe the worst FA Sox signing ever!:
    As I stated before the season started...just ain't Sox material and never will be. Oh well....just six more years of this...enjoy!!!
    Posted by mattman1447

CC is going to have to change his stance. Too many moving parts for a guy who is more tantative than I've ever seen him. By the time his front leg gets up, turned around, and re-planted, the ball is past him. I have admired his all around play for several tears, and his basic changes remind me a lot of Renteria

Shorten and sguare the stance, hit the first good looking pitch and the timing will return. Right now he has no chance of catching up with a 95 mph fastball unless it's dead center, belt high.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

In Response to Crawford maybe the worst FA Sox signing ever! : CC is going to have to change his stance. Too many moving parts for a guy who is more tantative than I've ever seen him. By the time his front leg gets up, turned around, and re-planted, the ball is past him. I have admired his all around play for several tears, and his basic changes remind me a lot of Renteria Shorten and sguare the stance, hit the first good looking pitch and the timing will return. Right now he has no chance of catching up with a 95 mph fastball unless it's dead center, belt high.
    Posted by bosoxmal

I agree here, but wouldn't they have tried that already?  I mean it's mid August.

I can't imagine any MLB pitcher not throwing the sinker or diving curve as an out pitch against him.  The pitch is in the dirt when his bat flaps over it.
    When was the last one he laid off, or put in play?  Or even made contact with?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

He should have been sent to the minors for a longer stay after his hamstring injury.  I wonder if they were afraid he would play badly even down there and become more fragile.  I feel for the guy but with a 142 million coming his way he will get over the humiliation Boston will put him through before he leaves here.  But it will  be like combat duty if he does not turn this thing around.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford maybe the worst FA Sox signing ever! : I meant after the Yankees before he went to Detroit. But, as a Monday Morning Quarterback, Yup I think he would have been worth the $52mil. Maybe we would have given him his 2nd ring instead of the Yankees. I'd have rather had Damon than JD Drew and Mike Cameron too we might have avoided. Water under the bridge. I bet the Yankees would like to have kept him too. Can't believe he gets booed by Sox & NY fans !!! He had 77 home runs & had a 285 BA in 4 seasons.    Year    Team    G       AB     R        H      2B    3B   HR  RBI    BB    K    SB            2006    NYY    149    593    115    169    35    5    24    80    67    85    25            2007    NYY    141    533    93    144    27    2    12    63    66    79      27                 2008    NYY    143    555    95    168    27    5    17    71    64    82      29               2009    NYY    143    550    107    155    36    3    24    82    71    98  
    Posted by mandobello

After Detroit, he was certain that he would be extended and at the trading deadline he told all other suitors that he was happy to remain in Detroit. Apparently detroit wasn't that content with him. In free agency he was ignored by 29 teams until Tampa Bay got him for peanuts.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankn. Show frankn's posts

I want to like Crawford.  He gets going a little and then completely disappears again - as if he's completely overmatched.  I never saw this from him in Tampa - never.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford maybe the worst FA Sox signing ever! : No need.  He can actually pick up the scent of it from his computer. 
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

Hello????????????

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford maybe the worst FA Sox signing ever! : Hello????????????
    Posted by andrewmitch

It was just a joke, andrew.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

yeah but I knew something was going on so I logged back on!!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts