Crawford maybe the worst FA Sox signing ever!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Crawford maybe the worst FA Sox signing ever!

I think he himself made a strategic error (Crawford) in not taking the Angels deal. He would have been in a market where he would not have been in a Fish Bowl with the media (Simers might have ripped him at some point if he was as bad as he has been for Sox). But Scioscia would have batted him in the proper spot and also would have given him the green light to be a marquee guy. On the Sox, CC sees himself as exactly what he's been--a guy with very little positive impact. In fact, it may be why he is gone into a funk...the idea that the Sox really don't care if he performs or doesn't on a team with 5 other guys producing. On the Angels, he automatically would have been one of the top 3 guys on the team...Big difference....CC should have been an Angel...perfect fit. This is what I mean by guys needing to know and teams needing to know what fits well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford maybe the worst FA Sox signing ever!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crawford maybe the worst FA Sox signing ever! : So we give him a free pass for sucking the whole year ?  He is playing as bad as his acting in those Dunkin Donuts comercials..... " I always have the green light" just awful
    Posted by davescout[/QUOTE]

It is so noted and notarized that Davescout has not given Crawford a free pass for 2011.  We were worried for awhile about your stance but had confidence that you would come through. You will not have the guilt hereafter that millions of RSN fans have who are remaining silent instead of coming to the BDC forum and bashing CC. Those million have sinned by ommission and it is inconceivable that they are just sitting on their hands and being mum about this terrible situation. Foe evil to triumph, all that is needed if for good people to look the other way and be silent. They will burn in Hell for this indifference.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]I think he himself made a strategic error (Crawford) in not taking the Angels deal. He would have been in a market where he would not have been in a Fish Bowl with the media (Simers might have ripped him at some point if he was as bad as he has been for Sox). But Scioscia would have batted him in the proper spot and also would have given him the green light to be a marquee guy. On the Sox, CC sees himself as exactly what he's been--a guy with very little positive impact. In fact, it may be why he is gone into a funk...the idea that the Sox really don't care if he performs or doesn't on a team with 5 other guys producing. On the Angels, he automatically would have been one of the top 3 guys on the team...Big difference....CC should have been an Angel...perfect fit. This is what I mean by guys needing to know and teams needing to know what fits well.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

How do you know this? Do you know someone who works in the FO? Did you plant a listening device in the potted plant? Are you related to Theo? Try to use logic, reasoning, and sources next time instead of speculating about conspiracies and innuendo. Your statement is pure, unadulterated BS.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from davescout. Show davescout's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crawford maybe the worst FA Sox signing ever! : It is so noted and notarized that Davescout has not given Crawford a free pass for 2011.  We were worried for awhile about your stance but had confidence that you would come through. You will not have the guilt hereafter that millions of RSN fans have who are remaining silent instead of coming to the BDC forum and bashing CC. Those million have sinned by ommission and it is inconceivable that they are just sitting on their hands and being mum about this terrible situation. Foe evil to triumph, all that is needed if for good people to look the other way and be silent. They will burn in Hell for this indifference.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

What's it like being a virgin in your mid 50's fat boy ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

JD Drew was a superstar compared to Crawford's production. He's an absolute bust so far this year and only a strong playoff showing can take any heat off him. Absolutely terrible. Period.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Dave, you should be elated that I entered you onto the "No Free Pass" roll. You are there with many other loyal Red Sox fans. I am surprised at your reaction to me after I did register you by taking time out from my lunch hour. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crawford maybe the worst FA Sox signing ever! : The thing is andrew, you don't know who else was in on Lackey or Crawford or what anyone else was willing to pay.  I don't either.  The only info we get is what the press feeds us.  And I'm not saying that these were good deals, that's not the issue.  The issue is whether Theo could have signed them for less.  As I said the Angels are paying Wells 20 million a year, so I think it's pretty clear that they would have paid somewhere in that range for Crawford.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

You set a value on a player and stick to it until you know there is a real threat you will lose him to a key competitor.

Crawford was 6/100 and that was pushing it.  If the Angels wanted to pay him 7/140 then let them have him- I ain't paying 7/146 to keep a guy from potentially hurting me no more than 10 games a year.........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

You can google it. The Angels offer on a per yr. basis was about the same as Boston's. Boston gave him one more year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]mitch, absolutely. It's fuzzy math when you take some other GM's failings and then try to justify the Sox GM making collosal errors of judgment. It's as if some fans think that Theo is "forced" to issue this gigantic contracts to the free agents available because the market says its so. Hence Lackey comes in and Crawford. There's a point where you say, "just no" if an outside FA is asking for too much money or the Sox are willing to go 40 to 50 million above the call to sign a guy to satisfy a want...not a need. You can even make a case that as good as AGON really was, did they really need him? How much ultimate money would have been saved to leave Youks at 1b, and either re-sign Beltre or go out and get a 3b in a trade or deal. The Sox got AGON, and I love the guy, and he's MVP candidate, and at the end of the day....the difference between a healthy lineup last year and the healthy lineup this year---last year---guys who could have or we could have expected to help lead the way Youks, Beltre, VMART, Pedroia, Ellsbury, Ortiz v. this year's Youks, AGON, Pedroia, Ellsbury, and Ortiz...and Crawford. I look at is an overall downgrade then an upgrade. The 3b last year was better defensively, the 1b last year was a GG and already produced (and a Dirt Dog), the C-DH-1B was a solid hitter, a leading type hitter. This year, AGON had been nothing short of fantastic prior to the All-Star Break, Crawford has been horrendous, the guy at 3B is struggling now at 3b, and his defense is not as strong as it was when it was at 1b (replaced by the great AGON, who obviously is a great 1b defensively). More money was spent on the want of AGON, want of CC. You can slice things how you want to slice things, but in reality, the offense of last year's team could have easily been the same as this year's team factored in that Pedroia and Ellsbury don't miss a ton of playing time.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Plus you keep your best prospects.

However, w/ Beltre, even though I wanted to keep him, he got way too much $ from Texas.  VMart was affordable to keep but where would you play him?  It woudl have been Youk at 3b and VMart at 1B and that wouldn't have been good.

To me the bottom line is what else could you have done w/ 150 million.  If you could have gotten Lee, then sure.  Heck, I'd still go after AGONE and simply use the Crawford $ on Lee.  But it's all a moot point now......

There was almost as many warnings about Crawford as there were for Renteria and Drew.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from davescout. Show davescout's posts

PawsoxPhil taking time out from playing Xbox 360 is not conseidered a lunch break.........Go thank your mom for that nice tuna fish sandwich she made you......good boy.... Seeing that you have 420 post in 17 days tells me a lot about you and what a sad life you lead ........Also stop trying to sound as if you are smart .........it's not working

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

[QUOTE]JD Drew was a superstar compared to Crawford's production. He's an absolute bust so far this year and only a strong playoff showing can take any heat off him. Absolutely terrible. Period.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

He's a lost little boy at the plate....no more Dunkin' Donut commercials!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crawford maybe the worst FA Sox signing ever! : Plus you keep your best prospects. However, w/ Beltre, even though I wanted to keep him, he got way too much $ from Texas.  VMart was affordable to keep but where would you play him?  It woudl have been Youk at 3b and VMart at 1B and that wouldn't have been good. To me the bottom line is what else could you have done w/ 150 million.  If you could have gotten Lee, then sure.  Heck, I'd still go after AGONE and simply use the Crawford $ on Lee.  But it's all a moot point now...... There was almost as many warnings about Crawford as there were for Renteria and Drew.....
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

My message in my post was there was no "we have to" moment for the Sox, the way it really was when they got Manny back in Duquette's reign. Maybe they felt that had to get AGON, and again I'm with you andrew, it was worth the wait, worth getting him for the long term.  Now some will say well the money spent is going a long way, Lackey has more years, Crawford has an eternity to turn things around and get better. And then again, if they don't turn things around or get better, the albatross of their contracts gets heavier and heavier. And I totally agree about all the Buyer Beware signs that were hovering on CC, so much so that tying him up for 7 years was just mind-boggling. There was no urgent need in getting CC, and no urgent need as well when Lackey was signed (20-20 hindsight on Dice-K and Clay is 20-20 hindsight, at the time they were in place, on the staff. I think Wakefield's rotation spot was removed the moment John was signed on the dotted line..that makes John a want, not a need). 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Yes, danny, Crawford has an eternity to turn it around ... that is the point people miss here.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from )>TheBabe<(. Show )>TheBabe<('s posts

[QUOTE]Yes, danny, Crawford has an eternity to turn it around ... that is the point people miss here.  

Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

Or jd crawful has an eternity to continue his downward spiral.....that is the point you miss here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Or you keep trolling and posting replies that serve no purpose, and get banned.    Either way you don't know the future, but that doesn't stop you from pretending you do by trashing Carl's entire time here before he even plays it.

Good job.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYSoxFan9. Show NYSoxFan9's posts

JD starting to look good. At least he's an above average fielder with a good arm. Any AAA guy could put up the numbers CC is putting up... and hustle too.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Yankee fans have a lot of nerve posting about bad signings and going back to the Needle. 

Can you say Jorge Posada?   Arod anyone?  Batting .286 and making $32,000,000. 

Compared to those 2 guys, Crawford is a bargain.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

Matt Young and Matt Clement say hi.Wink

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crawford maybe the worst FA Sox signing ever! : Or jd crawful has an eternity to continue his downward spiral.....that is the point you miss here.
    Posted by ) />TheBabe<([/QUOTE]

The point that you are missing is that this is a Red Sox forum and is supposed to be loaded with fans who have hope, faith, loyalty, and optimism. It should be obvious to everyone except for those who only wish to annoy. Don't you have hope that AJ Burnett will turn things around. Why is this such a difficult for you to grasp? The answer is stamped on your forehead and it says troll. If you work for the Globe then your days on their payroll are numbered because we all are aware of your phony act. It would be a shame if the Globe hired trolls.

Sections
Shortcuts