Crawford on Chavez's Single Yesterday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: Crawford on Chavez's Single Yesterday

In Response to Re: Crawford on Chavez's Single Yesterday:
    In Response to Re: Crawford on Chavez's Single Yesterday : I'm the first one to say I dont care for Lackeys antics on the mound, but yesterday I didnt think that was toward Crawford,  more against hinself, a wall ball that wasn't able to be caught. no hands thrown in the air.
    Posted by J-BAY

That was my thought, too.  And I was surprised...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Dobbs - that happened in Southern CT where I could count other Sox fans on one hand then after 2004 they are all over the place.  In fairness though, it tends to be the little kids.......
    Posted by andrewmitch

reminds me of Christmas 2004 Andrew. Took a name off the tree at work, for the less fortunate. The request was for a red sox hat, from an 8 year old boy. I bought him the hat, a shirt, and a sweatshirt. may as well help bring the kid up rightSmile

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I'd say you've done your job giving back!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford on Chavez's Single Yesterday : reminds me of Christmas 2004 Andrew. Took a name off the tree at work, for the less fortunate. The request was for a red sox hat, from an 8 year old boy. I bought him the hat, a shirt, and a sweatshirt. may as well help to bring the kid up right
    Posted by J-BAY

That must have been a good X-Mas for you (and RSN in general) from a baseball fan POV.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford on Chavez's Single Yesterday : That must have been a good X-Mas for you (and RSN in general) from a baseball fan POV.
    Posted by nhsteven

It was Steven, but more so for of my nephew, who was 15. He was devastated after the 2003 ALCS, as we all were.  However, my pain was more for him than myself, as was my joy when we won in 2004. It was a Red Sox Christmas in our family for sure, only tempered by the fact that we lost our dad a month before the Championship and couldnt enjoy it with him. He's the reason we are Red Sox fans

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford on Chavez's Single Yesterday : I'm not sure what you did say, but I'll tell you what I've noticed. I live in Virginia, but because of Dwight Evans I became a Red Sox fan in 1978. Stuck with them through that awful disappointment and beyond. Then, after 2004, I began seeing Red Sox caps all over the place. People who couldn't tell you who at gunpoint who Butch Hobson were suddenly claiming to be life-long Red Sox fans. I doubt you saw that in New England like elsewhere around the country. Not sure if that was your point, but if it was, I'd agree with it. Oh, and so I'm not ignoring the original point ... that would have been a spectacular catch by Crawford.
    Posted by LloydDobler

I was just responding to moon and a couple others that suggested Jon got squeezed by the ump the other night.  I explained to them living in the area and watching NESN they would probably have never made the statement.  NESN as you know is the Sox network and during every game and questionable pitch they show you the replay of the strike zone on what they call "the Amika pitch zone" which clearly showed the pitches from John were in fact balls.

The statement max took wrong is when I said:  For a fan to suggest Jon got squeezed they must live out of the area and probably don't get NESN.  I also agree with what you said about living out of state because I spent three years in Florida and experienced the same type of things.  People who live in and around the Boston area are obviously going to see and read about certain things others won't.  It certainly wasn't a bashing towards out of state Sox fans.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Sorry, J-Bay.

to me, the Sox are about connecting w/ family first then about baseball......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

So funny how this thread is filled with 9-10 intelligent real fans who watched the game and know Crawford had no chance at that ball

then there is one hater who likely didn't watch the game who comes here only to be negative and attack who thinks CC should have caught the ball

How bout those 4 hits??

hahaha

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Most people are offended becuase of character flaws, not transgressions.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

I also wondered if the play was makeable. I think Andrewmitch had a legit question. Albeit there is no question CC made the correct play. I also thought he was out of position, but im sure he was directed as to where to position himself. Which shows I know nothing!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Sorry, J-Bay. to me, the Sox are about connecting w/ family first then about baseball......
    Posted by andrewmitch

Thanks Andrew. it was a love and bond of three generations. taught us life lessons about  perseverance, strength and good things come to those who wait.....and did we ever wait!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I think you are the one being biased here, not to mention your lack of reading comprehension skills:  where did I ever say " CC should have caught that ball?"

All I did was ask the question.  I wanted a 2nd opinion.  But you know everything about everything, simply amazing..........

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Yes, andrew, board bullies like to apply propaganda stampede of idiocy approach.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Posted by DCSoxFan13[/QUOTE]

And your point is?  Comes down to making an assumption, or being shown proof you can't debate.  Thats the advantage some have over other "out of state" posters who will argue the fact regardless.

Just a true statement, if it offends any out of state Sox fans I apologize but it shouldn't.  Again, I never stated one can't be a Sox fan unless they are from the area which was the point taken out of context.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DCSoxFan13. Show DCSoxFan13's posts

Fair enough...I'll drop it and I apologize for taking your point out of context.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford on Chavez's Single Yesterday : Then why not mention Carl's great night at the plate against a LEFTY, the best lefty in the league? I am SICK of all the Crawford bashing.  You are a RACIST.
    Posted by soxmeister

This has nothing to do with his offense which by the way, has been virtually non-existent until yeterday.  I defy you to find one shred of evidence here that I am a racist.  Also, how do you know what race I am? 

No I am afraid that your issues run deep, very deep indeed.........I am done with you.  Later!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Fair enough...I'll drop it and I apologize for taking your point out of context.  
    Posted by DCSoxFan13

No offense was intended but I could have said it better thanks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Greeeeeat. Yes, bang into a metal wall with no padding on a ball you can't catch, and get called "soft", and a goldbrick when you miss the rest of the season with a dislocated shoulder. I have trouble figuring out why this question was even raised, or for that matter, even THOUGHT of when the play happened. I personally didn't even notice. I was too annoyed at the fact that the Yankess scored on the play. That's because I want the TEAM to win.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

I am white.  I read the comments in here every day.  Gonzo has choked at the plate for two days now.  But an inconsequential play involving a black player gets a whole thread, when that same player got huge hits and stole a base.

Don't you think that is enough?   Maybe it was not your intention, but I don't expect this stuff out of some of you. 

What makes everybody think the players don't know what you write here?  Would anybody here who has bad mouthed Carl say these things to his face?  Am I the only one who WANTS Carl to succeed here?!?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from letsgosox33. Show letsgosox33's posts

Remember when Crawford robbed the homer by crashing into the wall in the All Star game? It was a smart move, definitely uncatchable. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford on Chavez's Single Yesterday : This has nothing to do with his offense which by the way, has been virtually non-existent until yeterday.  I defy you to find one shred of evidence here that I am a racist.  Also, how do you know what race I am?  No I am afraid that your issues run deep, very deep indeed.........I am done with you.  Later!
    Posted by andrewmitch

Again the negative.   You couldn't help taking another jab at him, could you?  Even at risk of proving my point. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Crawford on Chavez's Single Yesterday :  Did John Lackey think C.C. should have caught that ball? We all saw the reaction.
    Posted by prknsdnld

Hmmm, well, I think the reaction was more because the ball wasn't caught than him thinking that it SHOULD have been caught.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Greeeeeat. Yes, bang into a metal wall with no padding on a ball you can't catch, and get called "soft", and a goldbrick when you miss the rest of the season with a dislocated shoulder. I have trouble figuring out why this question was even raised, or for that matter, even THOUGHT of when the play happened. I personally didn't even notice. I was too annoyed at the fact that the Yankess scored on the play. That's because I want the TEAM to win.
    Posted by TheExaminer

The ball, which was not a scrotching line drive, bounced about 10 feet in front of the Left Field Wall - to a guy known for he speedy defense, and you don't understand why the question was asked?

I was just looking for opinions based on this play.  Like it was too high or he was out of position which I got.  But I got some insane responses too but I guess I should not have been suprised by that.

I do feel as though if he could have caught the ball but would have smashed into the wall that he should have done so.  But that is just my opinion.......I think it was a combination of his positioning and the arc of the ball - he had to go too far over and couldn't get under the ball in time - but the time he crossed paths w/ the ball it was too high over his head..........

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I am white.  I read the comments in here every day.  Gonzo has choked at the plate for two days now.  But an inconsequential play involving a black player gets a whole thread, when that same player got huge hits and stole a base. Don't you think that is enough?   Maybe it was not your intention, but I don't expect this stuff out of some of you.  What makes everybody think the players don't know what you write here?  Would anybody here who has bad mouthed Carl say these things to his face?  Am I the only one who WANTS Carl to succeed here?!?
    Posted by soxmeister

There's a dark side to some of the posters on here meister. Some of them would rather see the team--and some specific players on the team--fail rather than be wrong in thier god-like pronouncements. (I don't necesarily refer to AM) Some of them don't let up even when a guy goes 4-4. If I saw CC, my advice would be just what I've posted on here. "Screw the expectations and criticism. You're Carl Crawford, you've done it for years, go out and do it. It's just that simple man."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford on Chavez's Single Yesterday : Hmmm, well, I think the reaction was more because the ball wasn't caught than him thinking that it SHOULD have been caught.
    Posted by TheExaminer

John's a tough competitor who has a very hard time not showing his emotions.  It would be interesting to know what he really meant by the look.  If it was directed towards Carl not catching the ball John may want to relax a bit.  Regardless, John threw the pitch that was clearly hit too high for Carl to catch.

I hope John was just mad at himself!

Sections
Shortcuts