Crawford on Chavez's Single Yesterday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Crawford on Chavez's Single Yesterday

It was just a question.  I am one of the most transparent posters on here.  Is there any question how I feel about JD Drew?  Serioulsy, some people need to get a grip here.

I will say that I said if Chavez tries to take 2nd he'd be nailed so in the end CC turned it into a good play but I have been a little disappointed with his defense.  Maybe his leg is still bugging him.  I don't know.  I don't have the answer.  If I did, I would have stated it as such and not as a question. 

For the record, I am not racist but I believe that people have the right to be a RACISTS as long as they don't do any actual harm - to make it illegal to be a racist would be a form of THOUGHT POLICING........I reserve the right to hate anyone I chose based on whatever factor I chose so long as I do not voilate that individual's rights.....and now, back to the game!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford on Chavez's Single Yesterday:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crawford on Chavez's Single Yesterday : The ball, which was not a scrotching line drive, bounced about 10 feet in front of the Left Field Wall - to a guy known for he speedy defense, and you don't understand why the question was asked? I was just looking for opinions based on this play.  Like it was too high or he was out of position which I got.  But I got some insane responses too but I guess I should not have been suprised by that. I do feel as though if he could have caught the ball but would have smashed into the wall that he should have done so.  But that is just my opinion.......I think it was a combination of his positioning and the arc of the ball - he had to go too far over and couldn't get under the ball in time - but the time he crossed paths w/ the ball it was too high over his head..........
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

I sort of get you AM, but don't you think people are very likely to take it the wrong way when you actually start a thread about it? IMO, in that situation, it's not worth the risk to bang into the wall and get hurt just to save 1 run in the 4th inning of a game in early August. Getting hurt would cost your team a lot more than one run later on. Maybe he could have played it better, I don't know, my point was just that I personally didn't notice there being a problem. Maybe he got a bad read on it or something, I don't know. I just think his performance otherwise in yesterday's game may have merited not starting a thread about one play. You've got to think that you're gonna get ripped for it, no matter your inner intentions. You can't really be that surprised at this. People just see what you wrote, and will usually think the worst. It's human nature. I think the posters are picking up on the idea that you must have issues with CC that go beyond what's on the field--or you just don't like him no matter what he does for the team--because you picked out one border line play in a game that he played like an A.S. in every other way. When you do that, people are going to think the unthinkable--it's just human nature.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

well, what's interesting is that the posters who had such a negative response to my simple question, their biggest complaint seemed to be surrounding negativity.  Pot - Meet Kettle - Your Black!!!!!!!!!   :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]It was just a question.  I am one of the most transparent posters on here.  Is there any question how I feel about JD Drew?  Serioulsy, some people need to get a grip here. I will say that I said if Chavez tries to take 2nd he'd be nailed so in the end CC turned it into a good play but I have been a little disappointed with his defense.  Maybe his leg is still bugging him.  I don't know.  I don't have the answer.  If I did, I would have stated it as such and not as a question.  For the record, I am not racist but I believe that people have the right to be a RACISTS as long as they don't do any actual harm - to make it illegal to be a racist would be a form of THOUGHT POLICING........I reserve the right to hate anyone I chose based on whatever factor I chose so long as I do not voilate that individual's rights.....and now, back to the game!!!!!!!!!!

I can't disagree with that. But, that's where we're headed as a society because of everything having to be "politically correct". That plus all the new age "you are God you just don't realize it" garbage has us seeing racism and injustice in the most common everyday things where no offense is meant.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

man that new age stuff is really creepy - i know exactly what you are talking about with the "we are all Gods" crapola

hate crimes = thought police too

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Yeah, keep it going AM. 

No class.  Yes, you have a right to be anything you want, and then be called out for it.  That is MY right.

AND I EXCERCISED IT.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

After watching the reply I'm not sure he could have caught the ball anyway andrewmitch

I assume you watched the play on NESN's state of the art Wall cam. If you had watched the game from here in the Houston area, where we have the Wallica Cam you'd have known he had absolutely no chance.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Thanks for the perspective Moon.

I watched it on FOX......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Honestly I don't think andrewmitch started this OP with any racist motivations at all. Andrew is probably the single biggest Drew basher on BDC. It doesn't get any more WASP than Georgia's own very white Mr. Drew.

Rather Andrew is simple warming up his reportiore for the heir apparent to JD Drew's role as disappointing highly compensated FA signing now that it is apparent that Drew's career with the RS is coming to a close.

One could debate that play and maybe in a year or two Crawford goes after that ball but in a close game, in the middle of the game the safe play was to be in position to get the bounce of the Monster. It was way too close to the LF line for Ellsbury to have backed up a ball off the wall if Crawford got too deep and failed to make a clean catch.

Probably was the right move.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I really didn't have an issue with Andrew Mitch's post. I thought it was fussy and more than a little nitpicky after that particular game by Crawford, and I dont think it warranted a post here, but I took no offense from it and I think playing the race card against him in that case really isn't warranted. Unlike certain posters I rail against here I believe AM is truly a fan of the team, I tend to think he hammers on negative issues sometimes beyond what is warranted (for example JD Drew has not lived up to his contract but he's not the anti-Christ or even Julio Lugo for that matter either) but that's another story....

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarstanJr. Show MarstanJr's posts

[QUOTE]It was just a question.  I am one of the most transparent posters on here.  Is there any question how I feel about JD Drew?  Serioulsy, some people need to get a grip here. I will say that I said if Chavez tries to take 2nd he'd be nailed so in the end CC turned it into a good play but I have been a little disappointed with his defense.  Maybe his leg is still bugging him.  I don't know.  I don't have the answer.  If I did, I would have stated it as such and not as a question.  For the record, I am not racist but I believe that people have the right to be a RACISTS as long as they don't do any actual harm - to make it illegal to be a racist would be a form of THOUGHT POLICING........I reserve the right to hate anyone I chose based on whatever factor I chose so long as I do not voilate that individual's rights.....and now, back to the game!!!!!!!!!!

Look upthe definition of a racist. It does not mesh with yours. You are a racist based on your BELIEF alone and whether you act upon it is immaterial.

Didn't Jimmy Carter state that he lusted when looking at women and was thus guilty of adultery. He then states that he gets forgiven for such sins. You are accountable for being a racist even though you committed no crime ( laws of man). The laws of God are wider and more encompassing than the laws of man.

In your world you say that people have a right to be a racist as long as they don't violate someone's rights. What religion taught you this? Is your religion the Constitution? If so, then is it all right for someone living in WW2 Germany to be a racist and exterminate millions since they were not living under the U.S. Constitution? Was it similarly right more recently to etnically cleanse the population in Sarejevo ( being racist and violating individual rights) since they were not under the US Constitution?

There is a higher power that everyone in the world must answer to and it is not the U.S. Constitution. A spirit tells you that hatred and racism is wrong and it is universal. Otherwise it is every person out for himself. There would be no logic at all in abiding by the golden rule or the ten commandments.

Sections
Shortcuts