Crawford put on Waivers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

Crawford put on Waivers

I know it's just a procedural maneuver, however apparently, Carl Crawford has been put on waivers. Certainly, the Sox would like to see the end of the CC nightmare.

Does this mean that they have a suitor for the great one, or are they just trying to send Carl baby a message? Hmmm. It must be the later, because the only executive in MLB who would consider this loser is in Chi Town and he is unloading his overpaid under performing rubbish. I think he got a big wake up call, and has totally reversed fields.

Unfortunately he left a few overpaid, under  achieving Bozos for the Rd Sox to figure out what to do with.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: Crawford put on Waivers

Isn't Beckett on waivers, honestly please tell this inept FO had the wits to do so.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford put on Waivers:
    [QUOTE]Isn't Beckett on waivers, honestly please tell this inept FO had the wits to do so.
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE]

Their numbers are legion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

The Sox use to put Manny on the waiver wire, hopeing anybody would claim him, they're doing same with CC. The don't need any compensation, just getting rid of Carl would be addition by subtraction.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Watching CC--I am so confused-How could he transition in two years from a threat every time he came to bat---to a guy you never want to see bat.

I have said it before he looks terrified when he enters the batters box--maybe even when he leaves the dugout--maybe it starts when he wakes up in the morning.

CC can't be fixed in Boston--I hate to say it, Boston has paralyzed him. Perhaps what he needs to do is have his agent work out a settlement with the Sox financially--fair to both sides and allow him to enter Free Agency and sign where he wants to. Start fresh. I realize no one forced him to sign with the Sox and this may be a first--probably something the Union would not permit--but it may be the only way CC can be the CC he was before coming to Boston. 

I think everything about Boston has contributed to his demise. He will show an occasional flash of brilliance but 99 % of the time the guy appears to be hurting--just look at his face--it's no way to live---all that money can't buy you happiness.

I hope in the off-season something can be worked out. My suggestion DL him today--have the surgery--then start repairing this guy physically and mentally.
    This team is not depending on CC to make the WC--they need way too many more things to go right--like the Phillies it's not in the cards for 2012.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Waivers is a procedural thing to see what kind of interest there is in a player. The player can be pulled back at any time. No one will claim that albatross of a contract

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

In response to "Re: Crawford put on Waivers": [QUOTE]Watching CC--I am so confused-How could he transition in two years from a threat every time he came to bat---to a guy you never want to see bat. I have said it before he looks terrified when he enters the batters box--maybe even when he leaves the dugout--maybe it starts when he wakes up in the morning. CC can't be fixed in Boston--I hate to say it, Boston has paralyzed him. Perhaps what he needs to do is have his agent work out a settlement with the Sox financially--fair to both sides and allow him to enter Free Agency and sign where he wants to. Start fresh. I realize no one forced him to sign with the Sox and this may be a first--probably something the Union would not permit--but it may be the only way CC can be the CC he was before coming to Boston.  I think everything about Boston has contributed to his demise. He will show an occasional flash of brilliance but 99 % of the time the guy appears to be hurting--just look at his face--it's no way to live---all that money can't buy you happiness. I hope in the off-season something can be worked out. My suggestion DL him today--have the surgery--then start repairing this guy physically and mentally. This team is not depending on CC to make the WC--they need way too many more things to go right--like the Phillies it's not in the cards for 2012. Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE] I agree mad. The fans booed unmercifully last night when he struck out in the ninth inning. He looked so over matched it wasn't funny and the fans let him have it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Send Crawford to another country if we have to.  

I bet if Crawford saw my post, he would call me a racist too.  lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Everyone is on waiver.  Boston is probably testing on who is going to pick him up, how much money will this team can absorb, and then pull him back.  Or maybe not.

Cliff Lee is on the waiver too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

The irony is that he would probably excel on another team. There's just too much pressure for him in Boston.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

[QUOTE] Perhaps what he needs to do is have his agent work out a settlement with the Sox financially--fair to both sides and allow him to enter Free Agency and sign where he wants to.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

CC already has a sttlement with the sox....it's called a contract and he'd have to be braindead to sign a "settlement"

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Crawford put on Waivers:
    [QUOTE]I know it's just a procedural maneuver, however apparently, Carl Crawford has been put on waivers. Certainly, the Sox would like to see the end of the CC nightmare. Does this mean that they have a suitor for the great one, or are they just trying to send Carl baby a message? Hmmm. It must be the later, because the only executive in MLB who would consider this loser is in Chi Town and he is unloading his overpaid under performing rubbish. I think he got a big wake up call, and has totally reversed fields.   Unfortunately he left a few overpaid, under  achieving Bozos for the Rd Sox to figure out what to do with.
    Posted by aussiewill2[/QUOTE]
    Please read up on the process:

http://www.twinkietown.com/2012/8/2/3215557/how-august-trades-work-your-mlb-waiver-season-primer-2012

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

i bet most of the team has been put on waivers, its to guage interest  thats all

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

If players clear waivers - it makes them eligible to be traded after the  7/31 deadline. If they were to be claimed, original team can let them go (in most players case this wouldn't happen. In Crawford's case - we could only be so lucky) or they can rescind the waiver claim to retain the player's service (and they would not be eligible to be traded after the 7/31 deadline).

So which MLB GM is feeling delirious enough from the summer heat to take on 100M for Crawford?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Let it be posted that I know a few us were outraged when he got signed. I was so upset with it THE DAY IT HAPPENED. BAD FIT I SAID. I CITED SEVERAL REASONS AS DID MOONSLAV WITH STATISTICAL DATA. We knew how much CC wasn't built for the Boston spotlight. He is a small market type player, but more so he was added to a team with a slew of lefty hitters to play a field that he had for years butchered on defense--Fenway Park--and his very clear numbers showing he could not touch lefties--similar to Drew in his final years and similar to Ortiz during his funk in his post-Manny haze (since Ortiz has seemed to hit lefties better). This was all brought out that the Sox did no research upon signing him. 142 million, 7 years and not even maybe a pre-interview to talk about the Boston media and how to deal with it. Nope, let's sign him before Anaheim could! Well, here he is. And going back, how many of you posters were drooling, thinking oh CC will be an All-Star and he loves hitting in Fenway. Well, now you see what moon and I were fearing. It's an albatross and Theo's worst signing ever, blowing out the Renteria one. I'd say just let him get his TJ surgery and see if they can just buy him out...since MLB says you have to match his salary--then make him the richest buyout in sports history. Tired of watching him flail at balls and mope while he gets booed. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]Watching CC--I am so confused-How could he transition in two years from a threat every time he came to bat---to a guy you never want to see bat. I have said it before he looks terrified when he enters the batters box--maybe even when he leaves the dugout--maybe it starts when he wakes up in the morning. CC can't be fixed in Boston--I hate to say it, Boston has paralyzed him. Perhaps what he needs to do is have his agent work out a settlement with the Sox financially--fair to both sides and allow him to enter Free Agency and sign where he wants to. Start fresh. I realize no one forced him to sign with the Sox and this may be a first--probably something the Union would not permit--but it may be the only way CC can be the CC he was before coming to Boston.  I think everything about Boston has contributed to his demise. He will show an occasional flash of brilliance but 99 % of the time the guy appears to be hurting--just look at his face--it's no way to live---all that money can't buy you happiness. I hope in the off-season something can be worked out. My suggestion DL him today--have the surgery--then start repairing this guy physically and mentally. This team is not depending on CC to make the WC--they need way too many more things to go right--like the Phillies it's not in the cards for 2012.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. And the weird thing is, the Fens seems to have paralyzed him in practices, because he hasn't exactly been playing a lot of games.

What the heck happened to this player?  Did he shoot all his lode in Tampa? 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Any G.M. that claimed Crawford off of waivers , would immediately be placed in a straightjacket and taken away , so he could not do any more harm to himself or others.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

denny, Theo claimed him....that would be the funniest development I'd ever see. Epstein claims CC and then naturally after TJ surgery, he goes back to his career norms. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

bad contracts + waivers + clear waivers = chance for trade deal after waiver ends.

lol @ settlement.  seriously people.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In an apparent waiver deal, the Athletics reportedly have traded catcher Kurt Suzuki to the Nationals for catcher David Freitas:

http://twitter.com/Athletics

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I would think these would be put on waivers:

Beckett
    Alphonso Soriano
    Bay
    Other high priced guys who are underperforming

I could see the 1st two getting claimed