Crawford Regrets Signing With Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Crawford Regrets Signing With Sox

I call out pot stirrers...

If you don't stir the pot from time to time, the meal gets burned.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Crawford's contract was ridiculous and he never would have lived up to it even if he reverted to his career norms of around a .300 BA and 15 home runs every year. He seems like a nice enough guy...just was never a fit here. I hope all goes well for him this year and in the future.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

Go cheer for the Dodgers.

You whine worse than Carl.

Crawford should probably be quiet until he can actually stay in the lineup and help another club.  Another huge lapse in judgement by Theo

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

Go cheer for the Dodgers.

You whine worse than Carl.

Crawford should probably be quiet until he can actually stay in the lineup and help another club.  Another huge lapse in judgement by Theo

Think u better look at Larry.

I blame both for the last number of years

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I am not sure what Carl really expected.

1.  He claimed to have loved signing on here where baseball fans really loved the game and showed it in attendance and attitude.  The few fans and their cow bells of Tampa Bay may have been fine ... but it wasn't the same as baseball at Fenway.  He claimed he knew the intensity level was what he was looking forward to ...

2.  He was truly shocked to have gotten such a contract ... even his agent was wonderstruck.  Where is the room for bitterness here?

3.  Not from Carl's point of view but mine, I knew and stated early on that I hoped he didn't start slowly, because some of our finest fans would ride him without mercy.  Sadly, I was right.  He started poorly and even got injured and that was Katy bar the door.

4.  LA is so laid back when it comes to lifestyle and baseball success that he may indeed find some room to succeed.  But I don't think it will be as easy as some think.  The huge investment the new owners have made puts pressure on the whole team to be successful.  They not only have to renew Dodger Blue and build a contending team but they have to fight the rally monkey and the new out priced Angels for LA hearts.  They still know how to boo in LA....

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Then he should return all the money he stole."

I've never seen you insist that executives from failed companies refund their millions they stole from shareholders. How do you rationalize limiting your "give the money back" stance to athletes only? 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

In response to Alibiike's comment:

Crawford is a small market guy. I doubt he will excel in LA either.

I agree that Crawford wasn't a good fit in the Boston market, but L.A. & Boston are two totally different animals.  I don't think anyone would be surprised if he has a lot of success out there.  I actually expect it.

I do too...While not a small market, LA is much much more laid back than Boston and the media is not "out for blood" like they are here...He should hit around .300 with 12-15HR. Although his OPS against LHP will still be horrirying as it always was.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

really BDC? you can start a thread and have the original post deleted and it still remains?

dumb

mods are deleting these posts and letting pike and triumph run wild in every thread...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I agree that Crawford wasn't a good fit in the Boston market, but L.A. & Boston are two totally different animals.  I don't think anyone would be surprised if he has a lot of success out there.  I actually expect it.

I do too...While not a small market, LA is much much more laid back than Boston and the media is not "out for blood" like they are here...He should hit around .300 with 12-15HR. Although his OPS against LHP will still be horrirying as it always was.

I agree with you southpaw777.   :)

Both the Boston and New York media will tear up a struggling star player as if he/she is a warm piece of bread.   LOL

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Then he should return all the money he stole.

so should theo, the wonder horse.

Would you trade the two WSCs for a different GM?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

In response to jackbu's comment:

Gee, it is really terribble when someone signs you to more then anyone else was willing to. I am not sure why he would say this, except that he is angry for some reason.

I am glad he is gone but that term used to describe him is out of line.

Jackbu.  To be fair to Carl, his 'regrets', based on his comments, seem mostly to be with himself.  Other than what he referred to as the 'toxic culture' (not many would disagree with this over the past two years), he basically admitted that he did not have what it takes to play in Boston.  he said, “From the outside, you watch guys playing over there and you think you can go and play.  But you realize, once you get there, it’s a little tougher than you expected.”  So, he basically admitted and then went on to expand on how he didnt have the mental stuff to deal with Boston.  He inferred that going for the big money in this case might have been a mistake.  He didn't really put it on the Red Sox.

I think many players, past and present, may have regretted basing their decisions on just the money, space. Mike Lowell was offered a bigger/longer deal from the Phillies before re-signing with Boston. He said he wasn't one of those players who  based his decision on money, as much as happiness. Cliff Lee was another, who passed on bigger offers from the NYY and Rangers, and took less to return to the Phillies. More players should look at the whole picture. Sometimes, less is more.

I think of Bay for this one.  He went from a team that always won games, in a park that suited his swing, playing LF where his weaknesses weren't glaring, and for a few dollars, he went to a team with few fans, a park that penalized his swing, playing LF in a much bigger area, and with no chance to win.

All for an extra $3M?  After tax, it's closer to $1.5M, so instead of having maybe $45M in the bank, he has $46.5M?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

i agre 100%...i like crawford he is a solid player..he just could not do it here..it's to bad.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

In response to jackbu's comment:

Gee, it is really terribble when someone signs you to more then anyone else was willing to. I am not sure why he would say this, except that he is angry for some reason.

I am glad he is gone but that term used to describe him is out of line.

Jackbu.  To be fair to Carl, his 'regrets', based on his comments, seem mostly to be with himself.  Other than what he referred to as the 'toxic culture' (not many would disagree with this over the past two years), he basically admitted that he did not have what it takes to play in Boston.  he said, “From the outside, you watch guys playing over there and you think you can go and play.  But you realize, once you get there, it’s a little tougher than you expected.”  So, he basically admitted and then went on to expand on how he didnt have the mental stuff to deal with Boston.  He inferred that going for the big money in this case might have been a mistake.  He didn't really put it on the Red Sox.

I think many players, past and present, may have regretted basing their decisions on just the money, space. Mike Lowell was offered a bigger/longer deal from the Phillies before re-signing with Boston. He said he wasn't one of those players who  based his decision on money, as much as happiness. Cliff Lee was another, who passed on bigger offers from the NYY and Rangers, and took less to return to the Phillies. More players should look at the whole picture. Sometimes, less is more.

I think of Bay for this one.  He went from a team that always won games, in a park that suited his swing, playing LF where his weaknesses weren't glaring, and for a few dollars, he went to a team with few fans, a park that penalized his swing, playing LF in a much bigger area, and with no chance to win.

All for an extra $3M?  After tax, it's closer to $1.5M, so instead of having maybe $45M in the bank, he has $46.5M?

if i remember correctly, didn't the sox detract their offer to bay because of medical concerns??

Sections
Shortcuts