Crawford shut down 5-7 days.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Crawford shut down 5-7 days.......

due to inflammation in his wrist. Valentine said opening day is not realistic. It's not about the calendar, he's ready when he's ready.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Crawford shut down 5-7 days.......

That sounds hauntingly like Tito. But anyway, I do hope this doesn't become something chronic that goes on all year. Hopefully he can avoid that with time off now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

here we go....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I think he should be fine a couple weeks into the season. Sometimes when you rush rehabbing an injury you feel some pain or have a "minor" setback. You got to feel a little pain sometimes in getting an injury healed. In absence of a reoccurring injury I think this may be more like one step back, two steps forward. But maybe I'm just an optimist.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

He should be shut down until he is 100% if he is to have any chance for redemption of the 2011 performance. I still see CC less than 100% until late May, early June. Wrist injuries for hitters are akin to back injuries for pitchers...impactful, intrusive and slow to heal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

No big deal.  Even with this set-back, he is still ahead of what the early post surgery estimates were for his return.  Valentine is right to be cautious.  No rush.

And Jackbu, for what it is worth, he played through the pain of this wrist injury last year.  That it required surgery and he played through it should tell you that he actually does play with pain.  But, don't let the facts get in the way of a good trashing.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford shut down 5-7 days.......:
    In response to "Re: Crawford shut down 5-7 days.......": I do not remember him complaining about his wrist last season. Because he did not have the surgery right after the season ended, tells me he most likely got it water skiing. How many players play at 100 percent. It isn't just Bobby's call to when cc plays.
    Posted by jackbu

OK, fair enough.  It is perhaps naive to take a player's words at face value.  However, shutting a guy down who is experiencing inflammation in the wrist he just had surgery on is prudent, wouldn't you say?  I mean, Carl was the one who pushed too hard this past week, wanting to play.  And it backfired.  So, this really isn't a case of a player not being willing to play unless he is 100%.  Wrist injuries are serious, especially for hitters.  In my eyes, it would be really stupid to rush him back before he is healed.  I want to see a better Crawford than last year's Crawford.  And that is not happening if he is favoring a bum wrist.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to "Re: Crawford shut down 5-7 days.......": I do not remember him complaining about his wrist last season. Because he did not have the surgery right after the season ended, tells me he most likely got it water skiing. How many players play at 100 percent. It isn't just Bobby's call to when cc plays.
    Posted by jackbu

jack, Crawford did say at the end of the season he had been experiencing wrist pain. The doctors thought/hoped off season rest would take care of it. When little cc started off season training in January, the pain was still an issue, which led to the surgery.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I don't have a problem with cc not playing. I am merely posting an observation and opinion. I think this wrist problem is going to keep him in the dugout for quite a few games this season.
    Posted by jackbu

It will if its not taken care of now. Best to wait until he's as close to100% as possible. Rather see him miss 3-4 weeks in april than on and off the DL throughout the season. Hard to get going when your continually starting and stopping.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Wrist problems are always problematic and always take longer than expected and have setbacks......this was the same with Papi and Nomar when they hurt their wrists and even when they came back it took quite a long time for them to look like their self at the plate.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to "Re: Crawford shut down 5-7 days.......": You have any posts or articles to back that up?
    Posted by jackbu

"Crawford apparently experienced pain in his wrist at various points during the 2011 season but didn’t feel there was a bigger issue until he recently began more intense hitting drills. His surgical procedure was performed by Dr. Donald Sheridan in Arizona on Tuesday. Dr. Sheridan also performed surgery on Crawford’s right hand in 2008."

http://baseballschedule.me/carl-crawford-undergoes-wrist-surgery

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to "Re: Crawford shut down 5-7 days.......": You have any posts or articles to back that up?
    Posted by jackbu

You're welcome...

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts