Crawford will never be worth the money

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYSoxFan9. Show NYSoxFan9's posts

Crawford will never be worth the money

If Carl Crawford was doing what he's being paid to do we'd have locked this thing up already.
    Aside from a few good games which anybody that plays everyday will have, he has been awful.
    He doesn't steal bases.
    He consistently leaves runners in scoring position.
    He has a weak arm and runners take extra bases on him,especially on the road.
    He leads the league in PK/AB., Pop ups and strikeouts combined per at bat

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

Re: Crawford will never be worth the money

In Response to Crawford will never be worth the money:
    [QUOTE]If Carl Crawford was doing what he's being paid to do we'd have locked this thing up already. Aside from a few good games which anybody that plays everyday will have, he has been awful. He doesn't steal bases. He consistently leaves runners in scoring position. He has a weak arm and runners take extra bases on him,especially on the road. He leads the league in PK/AB., Pop ups and strikeouts combined per at bat
    Posted by NYSoxFan9[/QUOTE]

don't blame jd crawford; blame the fool that signed him. here's a hint: T.E.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Most of them aren't.  Crawford is having a down year, which is magnified being his first of the contract and in Boston. With Pedey doing so well batting clean up, put Crawford second in the lineup where he's more comfortable, Youk sixth.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Is the CEO of ExxonMobil worth what he is paid?

Is the CEO of Bank of America worth what he is paid?

Is A-Rod worth what he is paid? Tom Brady? Your congressman? The union workers who made your car?

Why single out Crawford? He is one of millions , possibly billions of people who are making more than they could ever be worth. He is employed in a capitalist country ( as are we all) where what you are worth matters less who you know). In sports they sign a contract based on maximum potential, very few ever reach this potential, but if they get you to part with your hard earned money and turn it into John Henry's money, you know the team will not complain. Every time there is a sellout, they love you for spending and spending.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from )))TheBabe(((. Show )))TheBabe((('s posts

[QUOTE]If Carl Crawford was doing what he's being paid to do we'd have locked this thing up already. Aside from a few good games which anybody that plays everyday will have, he has been awful. He doesn't steal bases. He consistently leaves runners in scoring position. He has a weak arm and runners take extra bases on him,especially on the road. He leads the league in PK/AB., Pop ups and strikeouts combined per at bat

Nonsense....how many times has a team "locked up" the division in mid August?

Even a 14 1/2 game lead in August can be overcome if I recall correctly.

Do you honestly think that had crawful played to his career norms that that would add 20+ wins to the sawx present total?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

I honestly can't understand how he wins a GG. His play in LF has been average, and he lets far too balls get hit over his head.
    He has no look of confidence like he did when he played for TB and I hope it's just first-year jitters.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

http://www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=48e7c86be065f4f4efdcf33b15be9455&plckUserId=48e7c86be065f4f4efdcf33b15be9455

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford will never be worth the money:
    [QUOTE]I honestly can't understand how he wins a GG. His play in LF has been average, and he lets far too balls get hit over his head. He has no look of confidence like he did when he played for TB and I hope it's just first-year jitters.
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE]

I defended him early on, thinking he would get hot soon enough. Now, I just don't see it happening. It's mid-August and he's still struggling. he only has what, 14 steals? That's just pitiful for a guy with his speed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]Most of them aren't.  Crawford is having a down year, which is magnified being his first of the contract and in Boston. With Pedey doing so well in clean up spot, put Crawford second in the lineup where he's more comfortable, Youk sixth.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I've said all alont the line-up should look like this:

Ells
    CC
    Pedey
    Agon
    Youk
    Papi
    Reddick
    Lowrie
    Salty

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I honestly can't understand how he wins a GG. His play in LF has been average, and he lets far too balls get hit over his head. He has no look of confidence like he did when he played for TB and I hope it's just first-year jitters.
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE]

I agree that Crawford hasn't been very good this year.   We have to hope that he improves significantly next season and starts earning the money he is being paid.  Although, I still believe that he was overpaid.   Of course, you could say that about at least a handful of players that Theo has signed over the past several years.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crawford will never be worth the money : I've said all alont the line-up should look like this: Ells CC Pedey Agon Youk Papi Reddick Lowrie Salty
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

well, alibi, if you bat him second, won't that give him more opprtunities to make an out. how does that help the SOX?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Crawford will never be worth the money : don't blame jd crawford; blame the fool that signed him. here's a hint: T.E.
    Posted by -theyazzer-[/QUOTE]

Blame the fool that authorized spending $142 million on Crawford.    Here's a hint :  J.H.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crawford will never be worth the money : I've said all alont the line-up should look like this: Ells CC Pedey Agon Youk Papi Reddick Lowrie Salty

I'd be willing to wager that at some time during the season that old Alibi Ike bashed Salty and Lowrie and a few others also. Quite often you aren't happy unless you are miserable. It's in your DNA.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

He will never be worth the contract, but he will be better than he is now...I hope

For 7/142 I expect .300/20HR/90RBI/50SB consistently for 5 Years

Even if he can revert close to career numbers and attain .290/15/75/35 I would be okay with his contract...maybe 6/90M is a more reasonable salary for him but I'm still excited about him on this team

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

agreed that carl hasn't had his best season, but look at it this way, with carl only having 14 stolen bases the sox still lead tha AL.  Imagine when he picks it up and does  his normal steals.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I don't think I'd bat the guy 2nd. The job of guys at the top of the order is to get on base. Crawford doesn't really fit that bill at all. Not only hasn't he hit very well (.255) but he doesn't seem to have any plate discipline at all and rarely works a base-on-balls. When you compare his OBP of .291 with that of Pedroia at .400 you can see how well Pedroia fits at #2 and how CC probably wouldn't be our best option there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crawford will never be worth the money : Blame the fool that authorized spending $142 million on Crawford.    Here's a hint :  J.H.
    Posted by Diamondtalk[/QUOTE]

good call; john henry is definitely a fool for still trusting theo's judgement on FA'S.
    i guess love is blind.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

[QUOTE]Is the CEO of ExxonMobil worth what he is paid? Is the CEO of Bank of America worth what he is paid? Is A-Rod worth what he is paid? Tom Brady? Your congressman? The union workers who made your car? Why single out Crawford? He is one of millions , possibly billions of people who are making more than they could ever be worth. He is employed in a capitalist country ( as are we all) where what you are worth matters less who you know). In sports they sign a contract based on maximum potential, very few ever reach this potential, but if they get you to part with your hard earned money and turn it into John Henry's money, you know the team will not complain. Every time there is a sellout, they love you for spending and spending.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

hey zilla,

there's overpaid and then there's

overpaid!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE] I don't think I'd bat the guy 2nd. The job of guys at the top of the order is to get on base. Crawford doesn't really fit that bill at all. Not only hasn't he hit very well (.255) but he doesn't seem to have any plate discipline at all and rarely works a base-on-balls. When you compare his OBP of .291 with that of Pedroia at .400 you can see how well Pedroia fits at #2 and how CC probably wouldn't be our best option there.
    Posted by trouts[/QUOTE]

IMO, if they had baated him 2nd from the get-go, I don't think he'd be struggling like he is.
    Hitters are creatures of habit, and he hit well batting 2nd or 3rd for TB. It was a confidence killer hitting him in the 7 or 8 hole early on.
    Your 1 and 2 guys in any line-up are the speed guys. At this point, he could do no worse and maybe better.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Crawford, of course has been dis-appointing to say the least, I'm surprised about how ordinary a fielder he is, I can't remember the last time he has ran down a ball in the gap, and balls hit over his head in Fenway are becoming an adventure.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crawford will never be worth the money : IMO, if they had baated him 2nd from the get-go, I don't think he'd be struggling like he is. Hitters are creatures of habit, and he hit well batting 2nd or 3rd for TB. It was a confidence killer hitting him in the 7 or 8 hole early on. Your 1 and 2 guys in any line-up are the speed guys. At this point, he could do no worse and maybe better.

Also. Crawford batting second, other than a comfort level, hits to get on base, then reek havoc. Batting 6th, the added pressure to come up with a big hit.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

They are all overpaid, and we don't cut the checks.  We have every right not to buy a hat or jersey....theres no excuse to hate on a player or speculate his time here will be negative unless you are a...

DONNY DOWNER!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

This thread has the presidential seal of approval.

The president wishes to use it on a government issue film for 3rd graders on dysfunctonal families, bad manners and how our public school system has failed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Brady earns every bit of his money. He is one of the few athletes I can say he earns his money. He flat out turns the Patriots into a Super Bowl contender just by taking the field at QB. He's that good. Yes. Do not ever use Tom Brady in a comparison of money for production/worth.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from )))TheBabe(((. Show )))TheBabe((('s posts

[QUOTE]This thread has the presidential seal of approval. The president wishes to use it on a government issue film for 3rd graders on dysfunctonal families, bad manners and how our public school system has failed.

Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Because that exactly what the blamer in chief should be doing instead of trying to fix the economy.

Sections
Shortcuts