Crawford will never be worth the money

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Re: Crawford will never be worth the money

In Response to Re: Crawford will never be worth the money:
    Anybody see the ball he should have had but was too afraid of the wall? Anybody see the way he runs out grounders? Anybody see the way he walked after Damon's double? This guy is plaing for a check
    Posted by NYSoxFan9

You coming here and making these comments as a Yankee fan
    http://www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=48e7c86be065f4f4efdcf33b15be9455&plckUserId=48e7c86be065f4f4efdcf33b15be9455

Is like me going to a Yankee forum and bashing Burnett and that is something that I would never do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford will never be worth the money : You coming here and making these comments as a Yankee fan http://www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=48e7c86be065f4f4efdcf33b15be9455&plckUserId=48e7c86be065f4f4efdcf33b15be9455 Is like me going to a Yankee forum and bashing Burnett and that is something that I would never do.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil

Beware of the junkyard dog she is loose!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford will never be worth the money :
    In Response to Re: Crawford will never be worth the money : Absolutely.  I remember all that was going on around that signing and it was a foregone conclusion that CC was going to the Yankees.  I (along with most of the board) was ecstatic when he signed with the Sox, for two reasons.  1) This guy's a quality OF with good offensive #'s who's going to help this team immediately (Hey, you can't be right ALL the time!  LOL), and 2) The Yankees didn't get him. No doubt in my mind that it was at least partially a PR move. Posted by S5[/QUOTE ] I'll give you credit for admitting you were for the signing and part of it probably was for PR but it had nothing to do with the yanks they weren't not players in the cc negotiations
    Posted by pinstripezac32

Yeah, there's no evidence at all that the Yankees had any interest.  When you look at it objectively, why would they, with their current outfield.  The Crawford to NY speculation was mainly from media and fans.  I have to admit I was one of them.  It was probably all those stolen bases he had against us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

This thread got started by a Yankee troll
    Here is his resume
    http://www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=48e7c86be065f4f4efdcf33b15be9455&plckUserId=48e7c86be065f4f4efdcf33b15be9455

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

The Junkyard dog! She strikes again!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford will never be worth the money : Yeah, there's no evidence at all that the Yankees had any interest.  When you look at it objectively, why would they, with their current outfield.  The Crawford to NY speculation was mainly from media and fans.  I have to admit I was one of them.
    It was probably all those stolen bases he had against us.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

It was probably all those stolen bases he had against us

if it wasn't for the last 2 games we could call it

addition by subtraction

I'd love to have the guy on my team

but the yanks had / have no need for him

or should I say less of a need than  the sox did

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Cashman did however take Crawford out to dinner that night hours before the signing. Maybe they were just talking about their fraternity days from years ago.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

Cashman did however take Crawford out to dinner that night hours before the signing. Maybe they were just talking about their fraternity days from years ago.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil

Hmmmm dinner tab vs $142 million--I think Cashman got off easy!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Phil,
    Calling people trolls on the Celtics BB is always very obvious as laker fans are beyond pathetic.  The evidence you offer for this guy only shows like many of us he is fed up with Crawford's play.  Is the criteria on the Red Sox BB that everyone cease from being critical of overpaid players who are not performing?  I mean really what is this board for cheerleaders who blindly support non-performers.  Anyone growing up in Boston knows you either produce for the local teams or you are in trouble with the fans.  This guy has not done a thing for the team. Two years ago fans turned on Big Papi who almost singlehandedly beat the Yankees but we should be nice to Crawford.  Crawford took 142 million dollars and if he does not start producing his stay here will be a living hell.  And guess what it should be.  He can always leave and give back the money.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Buy him out for 50 million. Do it yesterday.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Give him the alltime out clause...."Crawman, here's 50 million, no questions asked, and here's your free agency." I suggest the agent take it. He gets ahead by about 70something million for 1 year of play. Pretty good money if you ask me. Got to cut your losses.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Crawford would be itching to sign that type of a buyout clause. It gets him out of the Fish Bowl, and he doesn't have to get out of his hitting slump to do it. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I love buyouts. It's the American way of saying "we want you gone."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Phil, Calling people trolls on the Celtics BB is always very obvious as laker fans are beyond pathetic.  The evidence you offer for this guy only shows like many of us he is fed up with Crawford's play.  Is the criteria on the Red Sox BB that everyone cease from being critical of overpaid players who are not performing?  I mean really what is this board for cheerleaders who blindly support non-performers.  Anyone growing up in Boston knows you either produce for the local teams or you are in trouble with the fans.  This guy has not done a thing for the team. Two years ago fans turned on Big Papi who almost singlehandedly beat the Yankees but we should be nice to Crawford.  Crawford took 142 million dollars and if he does not start producing his stay here will be a living hell.  And guess what it should be.  He can always leave and give back the money.
    Posted by concord27

Just take the time to scan his ten most recent posts at

He doesn't sound like one of the millions in RSN who are merely disappointed by Crawford. Read the posts and you will notice why he is being labeled as a troll.

On Papi, fans were proven wrong with their impatience in 2009 and 2010. They were wrong with their impatience with Pedroia in his rookie season. They blamed Renteria's problems on Theo instead of Renteria. They blamed Clements failure after being an All Star on Theo instead of injuries, a misdiagnosis by medical staff and fright after being hit by the comebacker to the mound. They were impatient with Kotchman - look at him now. They blamed Cameron's shortcomings on Theo instead of on a hernia and the surgery.

What gives Boston fans a license to have no patience with players? Do forum posters want to be first in line to go up to the top of the Forum Hill and shout out to us that Player X is having a poor April and should leave town immediately? In my book that is not how fans should act. Fans should never feel entitled that a player should be an immediate All Star if he is payed as such. That is feeling entitled and is selfish and juvenile. We are fans and not stockholders. If players live up to expectations then that is good but if they don't then who gave you a guarantee. A high payroll is no guarantee of success. If it was then wouldn't being a fan be boring. If payroll was a guarantee of success then we should all root for the Yankees if we desire guaranteed success.

You buy a ticket or pay for cable for entertainment and you are not being guaranteed a win or a pennant. If looking at salaries distorts your enjoyment of being a fan then you need to forget about salaries. Do you compare the salaries of actors when you watch a good movie or TV show? Should a performance by House be ten times better than another member casted in the show? Do we know if the Fat Lady in the Opera gets the top salary, do we care?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I love buyouts. It's the American way of saying "we want you gone."
    Posted by dannycater

I don't think the Players' Union would even allow it.  If they allowed players to throw back money, A-Rod would be your shortstop right now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford will never be worth the money : Just take the time to scan his ten most recent posts at http://www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=48e7c86be065f4f4efdcf33b15be9455&plckUserId=48e7c86be065f4f4efdcf33b15be9455 He doesn't sound like one of the millions in RSN who are merely disappointed by Crawford. Read the posts and you will notice why he is being labeled as a troll. On Papi, fans were proven wrong with their impatience in 2009 and 2010. They were wrong with their impatience with Pedroia in his rookie season. They blamed Renteria's problems on Theo instead of Renteria. They blamed Clements failure after being an All Star on Theo instead of injuries, a misdiagnosis by medical staff and fright after being hit by the comebacker to the mound. They were impatient with Kotchman - look at him now. They blamed Cameron's shortcomings on Theo instead of on a hernia and the surgery.   What gives Boston fans a license to have no patience with players? Do forum posters want to be first in line to go up to the top of the Forum Hill and shout out to us that Player X is having a poor April and should leave town immediately? In my book that is not how fans should act. Fans should never feel entitled that a player should be an immediate All Star if he is payed as such. That is feeling entitled and is selfish and juvenile. We are fans and not stockholders. If players live up to expectations then that is good but if they don't then who gave you a guarantee. A high payroll is no guarantee of success. If it was then wouldn't being a fan be boring. If payroll was a guarantee of success then we should all root for the Yankees if we desire guaranteed success. You buy a ticket or pay for cable for entertainment and you are not being guaranteed a win or a pennant. If looking at salaries distorts your enjoyment of being a fan then you need to forget about salaries. Do you compare the salaries of actors when you watch a good movie or TV show? Should a performance by House be ten times better than another member casted in the show? Do we know if the Fat Lady in the Opera gets the top salary, do we care?
    Posted by PawsoxPhil

What an investigator!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

PHil,
    As a fan our greatest right is to express our dissatisfaction  with a non-performing player and let it be known.  I like Crawford the human being based on what I can see and will be glad to admit I was wrong.  That is what fans do.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

moon, you were absolutely opposed to the Crawford signing from Day One, I know that.  

Personally I think fivekatz's assessment that Crawford was partially a 'box office' signing rings very true.

I agree, and I hope it doesn't backfire when Jacoby walks or we can't extend
    Bard and others...then what?

At the end of the day the deal is done and we've got 6+ years to deal with.

I think CC needs to start studying some Curtis Granderson video. 

Or, learn Jake's reverse pivot swing.

Sections
Shortcuts