Crawford will never be worth the money

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Crawford will never be worth the money

In Response to Re: Crawford will never be worth the money:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crawford will never be worth the money : I've said all alont the line-up should look like this: Ells CC Pedey Agon Youk Papi Reddick Lowrie Salty
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

I like that lineup ike...CC in the 2 hole and pedey 3..Youk batting 5th or 6th is better based on his performance so far this season..Pedey and Agon would be seeing some good pitches..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Getting rid of Wakefield distraction would help. Need to get Weiland or Doubrant back up and line up Aceves and Miller.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

The only one who's "distracted" by Wakefield is YOU. 

Do you honestly think that by harping on this same topic over and over and over you'll make believers out of some of us???  NEWS FLASH!  It's not going to work!!

Or are you just trying to set yourself up so that sooner or later you'll be able to say, "I told you so"?  If that's the case you truly are a sad, egotistical person with some SERIOUS personality disorders. 

Give it a rest.  TRY to rebuild whatever credibility you once had here.  It won't be easy given what you've done (Ells being the prime example) but some small bit of credibility is better than the none you now have.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

[QUOTE]"There are some positives for putting CC in the second spot in the lineup, or at least trying it in the remaining games. #1) He has formerly batted second with TB as we know, and a comfort factor comes with that. Maybe that can help get his confidence going. Just as the Sox need Lackey and Bedard to perform, the offense could be downright dangerous in the playoffs if CC can turn it around)" -Titletown 11 ___________________ Yeah, this is a great idea - as long as it works.  Now, what if it doesn't?  This morning the Sox are tied for first place in the AL East.  I'd rather go with what's gotten us there than use the last two weeks in August to start experimenting with 'maybes' and 'coulds' in the hope that it'll turn a .220 hitter into a .300 hitter.  This is shaping up like a race where one or two wins will spell the difference between winning the AL East and getting the WC so every win is important.  It's no time for venturing into the world of the unknown.
    Posted by S5[/QUOTE]

With rosters expanding in a few weeks, Francona is going to start posturing for the playoffs. He'll line up the rotation, give guys days off, etc. I see no real downside in putting him in that spot for a few days here or there throughout September to try to heat up his bat for the playoffs. Maybe he heats up, maybe not. If he is still hitting .240 come playoff time then you go with the current lineup...

But the lineup I suggested in the #2 point would be very dangerous *if* the Carl Crawford in that lineup was the player he was pegged to be.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Wakefield credibility ends at 5 plus ERA for over 2 years. The side show record circus needs to be buried.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

The bigger concern with Crawford is what happens as he loses foot speed which was a primary reason why he was signed in the first place.    He's 30 years old and his speed won't suddenly become faster.
    He occupied the No. 2 spot in the lineup with the TB Rays but that won't happen with the Sox.
    Theo didn't do his homework in figuring where he would be a fit in the lineup.    Crawford was never a run producer before and isn't now.    

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"The only one who's "distracted" by Wakefield is YOU.  "

LMAO

Just glad that Yazzer doesn't run the team. 

Crawford still has a lot to prove and does look overpaid at this juncture that's for sure. 

Whether he ever lives up to the value of his contract remains to be seen. JD Drew did not live up to his contract but he still did some good things. The Sox can afford a couple of contracts like that. They can't afford a total bust at Crawford's level, so we'll see.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

One would expect that a TrollSpanker would be able to recognize that Yazzer and Softy are trolls.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

I'm sure there will be a few stretches where it appears like the contract in accord fr the performance(s), however, I believe that players are essentially being paid for what they have already done.  Personally, Iget thefeeling that a lot of these individuals play for that big contract and believe they're done..got what they came for. Personally, I have no idea what Crawford's motivations are; do not know him.  (No, I do not give everyone the benefit of the doubt- not in this world.)

If most doctors are in it for the money (they are), then why wouldn't most ballplayers be in it for the money, as well?  FYI: I actually polled over 100 pre-med students (back in the day) about why they wanted to become a doctor.  Every single response- bar none- was "for the money."  I bet the same individuals would vehemently deny this, today.  (It's not good for business.)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Crawford at 30 playing like he has points to one of the worst free agent signings in baseball history.  Not signing Ellsbury because of this monumental mistake will only make the problem worse.  

Let's hope we tack on another championship before this terrible signing becomes the Crawford watch year after year.  Poor Carl will wish he never took the contract in that case.

I like the guy and want him to do well every at bat, yet he looks like a different player than he was in Tampa.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

All past season sins will be forgiven if he shows up in Prime Time which begins in October and ends in November, ......assuming we get there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ((The--Babe)). Show ((The--Babe))'s posts

[QUOTE]I thought that everyone finally came to sobriety and realized that keeping Damon would have been foolish. It seems that a few of the closet Yankee concern trolls never got the message. These people are whiners since whiners are fans - no they are trolls. Learn the difference please.

Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

Is that right pike?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I wanted Damon back, the Sox reinvented itself with Crisp and Ellsbury. Damon did just fine as a Yankee. Again, pike just likes to stir the pot with his all must be black or all must be white posting technique. He can't accept the gray areas, or deal with the individual situation. It's always, you must be daft because you thought this way about one guy, but then you think another way about another guy. It's all relative, spikey.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

It's not my money.
    His salary has no impact on ticket prices.
    Some people had their mind made up before Crawford ever saw a pitch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Many in the forum agree with me that letting Damon leave was the correct decision. He ended up not playing the OF with NYY and was primarily a DH. There was no place for him neither in the Red Sox outfield. Theo was also correct on Pedro, Nomar, Lowe, and Manny. You were against all of those decisions so history has proven you to be wrong. Very loyal but wrong. At least you are consistent until your comments yesterday on throwing Youk under the bus based on his slump or apparent injury. I see the gray areas better than you actually since I concede that Theo has been 40% wrong but you seem to think that he was 100% wrong. We all remember you and Law acting as a tag team in here for a few months in recent years. I am not anti-authority like many here are. I respect the job that the FO has done but always have admitted that they are not perfect ( 40% wrong is fine with me).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

For the record
    In his time in a Yankee uniform Damon played:

368 games in the OF
    134 games at DH
     99 games at  1B

60% in the OF
    40% elsewhere

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from -----The--Babe-----. Show -----The--Babe-----'s posts

[QUOTE]For the record In his time in a Yankee uniform Damon played: 368 games in the OF 134 games at DH  99 games at  1B 60% in the OF 40% elsewhere

Not according to baseball-reference.....

457 games in the OF, 91 at DH and 7 at 1b in the regular season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiles-all-around. Show smiles-all-around's posts

according to mlb.com Damon with the yankees

7 games at first base
    457 in the outfield
    113 at DH
    which comes out to 79% in the outfiled

Here is the link

http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=113028#statType=3&sectionType=career&season=2011&gameType='R'

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from -)TheBabe(-. Show -)TheBabe(-'s posts

[QUOTE]For the record In his time in a Yankee uniform Damon played: 368 games in the OF 134 games at DH  99 games at  1B 60% in the OF 40% elsewhere

Not sure where you get your stats from pike.

According to baseball-reference.....

457 games in the OF, 91 at DH and 7 at 1b in the regular season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I don't think I"m throwing Youks under a bus by saying he's the best trade bait the team has...it's a complement for cryin out loud. I said he was one of the best defensive 1b in the game, but he lost his position, and now he's virtually out of position at 3b. He's not that good defensively there, and like Alibi listed, Youks has been slumping due probably to injuries. It's not out of the realm to question the Greek God. Every player on this team gets criticism except for 2 guys--Pedroia (who answered his early critics) and Youkilis. They are dirt dogs, they are untouchables. I just think Youks has been never criticized by anyone no matter what. I don't think that's fair if he's not producing at a level we are expecting. It's your opinion that the Sox were "right about Derek Lowe"...I don't think so, and I think he could have solved a lot of problems that have existed the last few years...A durable starter who can eat innings and not get hurt.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Floridamorgan. Show Floridamorgan's posts

[QUOTE]                         All past season sins will be forgiven if he shows up in Prime Time which begins in October and ends in November, ......assuming we get there.
    Posted by eggplants[/QUOTE]

I agree - I think we should let this be Crawford's season to adjust to playing in the hottest tier in baseball.  Yes, he's making big bucks but he's not only human, I think he's trying to settle in.  I'd like to see him work in the playoffs, then ideally in the Series.  If he were to make a huge difference then, I think we'd appreciate the result.............. 'till next year.  Then, look out!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from -)TheBabe(-. Show -)TheBabe(-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crawford will never be worth the money : I agree - I think we should let this be Crawford's season to adjust to playing in the hottest tier in baseball.  Yes, he's making big bucks but he's not only human, I think he's trying to settle in.  I'd like to see him work in the playoffs, then ideally in the Series.  If he were to make a huge difference then, I think we'd appreciate the result.............. 'till next year.  Then, look out!

Posted by Floridamorgan[/QUOTE]

What exactly is the "hottest tier in baseball" ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Isn't it also possible that by putting CC in the 2 slot we might also screw up Pedroia by moving him to 3 or 4? I would leave him alone and bat CC 9th.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

trouts, if it were possible, CC should be batted "left out"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from -)TheBabe(-. Show -)TheBabe(-'s posts

[QUOTE]trouts, if it were possible, CC should be batted "left out"

Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

He's one very expensive bottom of the order hitter, that's for sure.

Sections
Shortcuts