Crawford worse then Renteria?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

Crawford worse then Renteria?

the problem with rating a small market star is that given  the lack of pressure, a player may find that enviroment so relaxed that to compare how he would fare in a much tougher "fishbowl" is like comparing apples and oranges. carl    crawford`s poor play can`t be the result of a sudden loss of talent, therefore it is most likely due to an inability to play well when and where the games really mean something. kind of sounds like edgar renteria now doesn`t?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Re: Crawford worse then Renteria?

Sounds like a lot of players throughout this game's history. 

Crawford has dug himself a hole that he won't be out of anytime soon.  But I know this; he doesn't make the error in LF that McDonald made.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I long for the days when Theo was only dumb enough to waste $40 million dollars on a Free Agent bust.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcernTroll. Show ConcernTroll's posts

https://www.facebook.com/people/Andrew-Mitchell/1362870060

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

He could have signed Bay for a lot less Money than he has paid for Crawfod and Cameron and gotten a hell of a lot more production. Bay was better suited for Fenway than Carl Crawford is. I will make it better, he should have signed Teixeira in 2009 and not gone cheap that year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Crawford worse then Renteria?:
     the problem with rating a small market star is that given  the lack of pressure, a player may find that enviroment so relaxed that to compare how he would fare in a much tougher "fishbowl" is like comparing apples and oranges. carl    crawford`s poor play can`t be the result of a sudden loss of talent, therefore it is most likely due to an inability to play well when and where the games really mean something. kind of sounds like edgar renteria now doesn`t?  
    Posted by koft

Seriously ??? So you want to judge a guy after this few games?? You're probaly one of the guys who was ragging on Papi when he was having a hard time .... if at the end of the season Crawford ends up being this bad then sure rag on him but we got him for 7 years and I for one thing he will be fine.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford worse then Renteria?:
    He could have signed Bay for a lot less Money than he has paid for Crawfod and Cameron and gotten a hell of a lot more production. Bay was better suited for Fenway than Carl Crawford is. I will make it better, he should have signed Teixeira in 2009 and not gone cheap that year.
    Posted by AL34

what kind of year did Bay have last year?? He was a total bust in NY.... he may turn it around but lets not pine for Jason... he is not half the player Crawford is...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

Posted by AL34

no offense but is Jason Bay even alive?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

...only if you guys quit on him faster than you quit on Renteria.

A little more support for the guy and he may have been able to take th heat better.

By the way, did you check out Renteria's AWFUL year here against the stats of his subsequent replacements ....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

...only if you guys quit on him faster than you quit on Renteria.    A little more support for the guy and he may have been able to take th heat better.   By the way, did you check out Renteria's AWFUL year here against the stats of his subsequent replacements ....  
    Posted by SinceYaz

And offensively, there was nothing wrong with the year Renteria had in Boston. His homers as I recall were a bit down, but his other offensive numbers were about on par with his norms.

The only legitimate knock about Renteria was the errors, but as we've seen over the years, many good defensive infielders sometimes struggle when they first get here. The Fenway IF has been notorious for being hard on infielders.

Sections
Shortcuts