Crawford

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from spider-man. Show spider-man's posts

Crawford

Up to now, Crawford has been a bust with the Red Sox. He's not getting on base, not stealing bases, and not hitting home runs. Maybe he's a small market player who can't handle the pressure or the money he's making. My answer would be, let him play in the 2 spot behind Ellsbury. That's where he's had the most success. Put him there and leave him there, as long as it takes for him to regain his confidence. As we all know by now, Pedey is great in the cleanup spot, so the line-up should read
          Ellsbury
          Crawford
          Pedey
          Ortiz
          Youk
          and all the rest.
     Right now, it doesn't matter if Crawford is in or out of the line-up, he's just not playing well. So put him where he batted 300 and hit 20 home runs last year- in behind Ellsbury.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

Re: Crawford

In Response to Crawford:
    [QUOTE]Up to now, Crawford has been a bust with the Red Sox. He's not getting on base, not stealing bases, and not hitting home runs. Maybe he's a small market player who can't handle the pressure or the money he's making. My answer would be, let him play in the 2 spot behind Ellsbury. That's where he's had the most success. Put him there and leave him there, as long as it takes for him to regain his confidence. As we all know by now, Pedey is great in the cleanup spot, so the line-up should read       Ellsbury       Crawford       351       Pedey       Ortiz       Youk       and all the rest.  Right now, it doesn't matter if Crawford is in or out of the line-up, he's just not playing well. So put him where he batted 300 and hit 20 home runs last year- in behind Ellsbury.
    Posted by spider-man[/QUOTE]

why not! it makes the GM look bad when a healthy 20 million dollar/year player is riding the pines.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

That's what Garcia2 was saying before he got banned. Noon hour, Yazzer is opening up his cheese sandwich from his brown paper bag. Time to read the Daily News and do a bit of trolling - life is good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Crawford is going to get it going just in time for the stretch run/playoffs, and it is going to be crazy fun.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Crawford not playing today due to strained elbow...

http://www.csnne.com/07/28/11/Report-Crawford-out-with-strained-elbow/landing_redsox.html?blockID=544290&feedID=3352

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

always the voice of reason ain't cha spaceman ol friend. the guy started to come on and went 1-11. something wasn't right. tito is alot smarter than all the freaking tito haters will ever know. space, can you imagine gawd forbid if we were M's fans what this board would be like????? check out the M's message board. OMG!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Pedey would most likely be the shortest cleanup hitter in the history of baseball. Actually the lineup proposed does not look that bad.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

It's (been) obvious Pedroia can bat more places in the lineup. I've always been a fan of the "Wickahd" speed up front too. Not to say Pedey's slow, might have over 30 swipes this year. I always hoped it would evolve into that. Maybe not this year, but next.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Wow.  Just wow.

The Sox have, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the best lineup in MLB.  It is so good that it compensates for a so-so pitching staff and enables the Sox to have the second best record in MLB, today just .5 games behind the Phillies, the best record in the AL, and what now appears to be a clear glide path to the playoffs.

Key to the lineup is the synergy of having the best 1-5 hitters, not just in all of baseball, but the best in all of baseball in some years.  Ellsbury, Pedroia, Agon, Youk, and Ortiz are--get ready for this--all in the top ten OPS's in the AL.  That's right.  The Sox have the same number of top ten OPS's as the rest of the American League combined. 

And the OP wants to throw Crawford into the middle of that.  Give me a break. 

Every single player on this team has had to play workup at one time or another--with the possible exception of Adrian Gonzalez.  When Ortiz went south last year and in 2009, he was demoted.  And even today he only bats 5th, whereas in his glory years he batted 3d ahead of Manny.  Youk has batted further down in the lineup.  So has Pedroia.  Ellsbury has batted 7th, 8th, and 9th, depending.  And all four of those guys are batting where they are right now because they have earned it. 

But now we are going to make a huge exception for Carl Crawford?  He gets to bat 2d because he stinks?  Somehow good vibes from Ellsbury and AGon, the 1st and 3d hitters, are going to fix his stupid swing? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford:
    [QUOTE]always the voice of reason ain't cha spaceman ol friend. the guy started to come on and went 1-11. something wasn't right. tito is alot smarter than all the freaking tito haters will ever know. space, can you imagine gawd forbid if we were M's fans what this board would be like????? check out the M's message board. OMG!
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Hammah, if this were an M's board, there would probably be a lot of morose self-pity, but I highly doubt there would be even an iota of the blustery whine and cheese that happens here.  M's fans aren't spoiled the way some of these ridiculous Sox fans are that seem to have forgotten just how good we have it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

Fun Simmons "100 game report card" article from Grantland that has a great quote about bad signings and misguided Epstein bashing.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6808403/red-sox-report-card

"The Totally & Irrevocably Washed-Up Guy (Mike Cameron)
    Mercifully released last month as his OPS threatened to dip under .500 (the Bendova Line?). I enjoyed this horrific signing because — combined with the Lackey signing and the memories of some other brutal moves (Matt Clement, Julio Lugo, Edgar Renteria, Dice-K, etc.) — it allowed Sox fans to complain about Theo Epstein, a guy who only brought us two World Series titles. Red Sox fans would complain about a blow job."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Who cares if Crawford has struggled?

The team is in first place, absolutley murdering the bad pitching of all the have-not teams.

You want to take Pedroia out of the #2 spot in order to get Crawford "going?"

Ellsbury, Pedroia,Gonzalez,Youkilis, Ortiz is a potent 5-some...right now if Crawford gets hot we'll be in double digits every night. If he doesn't we still have enough offense to beat the competition.

The big worry is pitching , namely, is Buchholz gone for the season? and will Lackey ever find consistency?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Crawford:
    [QUOTE]Up to now, Crawford has been a bust with the Red Sox. He's not getting on base, not stealing bases, and not hitting home runs. Maybe he's a small market player who can't handle the pressure or the money he's making. My answer would be, let him play in the 2 spot behind Ellsbury. That's where he's had the most success. Put him there and leave him there, as long as it takes for him to regain his confidence. As we all know by now, Pedey is great in the cleanup spot, so the line-up should read       Ellsbury       Crawford       351       Pedey       Ortiz       Youk       and all the rest.  Right now, it doesn't matter if Crawford is in or out of the line-up, he's just not playing well. So put him where he batted 300 and hit 20 home runs last year- in behind Ellsbury.

If it's not broke 'the line-up as a whole' don't fix it. Crawford hitting sixth is best place for him for time being, he can act as second lead-off man after big guns have done their damage.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

tito is on the radio talking to Joe about crawford. he said he was going to give him one more day and see what's what. plus it has been revealed that JD Drew has been battling an irritated rotator cuff since spring trainning. this condition weakens the shoulder strength according to the report.

I think that CC is gonna be back and go on a tear.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In Response to Crawford:
    Posted by spider-man[/QUOTE

A really dumb OP.  See my longer reponse up above. 

First: 6/8/2010
    Last: 7/28/2011
    Wow.  Just wow.

The Sox have, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the best lineup in MLB.  It is so good that it compensates for a so-so pitching staff and enables the Sox to have the second best record in MLB, today just .5 games behind the Phillies, the best record in the AL, and what now appears to be a clear glide path to the playoffs.

Key to the lineup is the synergy of having the best 1-5 hitters, not just in all of baseball, but the best in all of baseball in some years.  Ellsbury, Pedroia, Agon, Youk, and Ortiz are--get ready for this--all in the top ten OPS's in the AL.  That's right.  The Sox have the same number of top ten OPS's as the rest of the American League combined. 

Every single player on this team has had to play workup at one time or another--with the possible exception of Adrian Gonzalez.  When Ortiz went south last year and in 2009, he was demoted.  And even today he only bats 5th, whereas in his glory years he batted 3d ahead of Manny.  Youk has batted further down in the lineup.  So has Pedroia.  Ellsbury has batted 7th, 8th, and 9th, depending.  And all four of those guys are batting where they are right now because they have earned it. 

But now we are going to make a huge exception for Carl Crawford?  He gets to bat 2d because he stinks?  Somehow good vibes from Ellsbury and AGon, the 1st and 3d hitters, are going to fix his stupid swing? 

First: 6/8/2010
    Last: 7/28/2011
    Wow.  Just wow.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Moving Pedroia to get Crawford going if you really believed that where he is hitting is why he is hitting would not be just a terrible ide except for:

His numbers last year were (his career year) were no where near Pedroia's. So even if we were to get him going by doing this his OBP at his career best is lower than Pedroia's.

Moving the guy who gets up after Ellsbury and before A-Gon to hopeful get a lesser result than what you currently get just doesn't make sense to me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]That's what Garcia2 was saying before he got banned. Noon hour, Yazzer is opening up his cheese sandwich from his brown paper bag. Time to read the Daily News and do a bit of trolling - life is good.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

yup, i see you've missed your therapy session.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]Crawford is going to get it going just in time for the stretch run/playoffs, and it is going to be crazy fun.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

1st off, i hope you're right about CRAWFISH, but i don't believe even you believe that.
    2nd off, if the starting 5 during the stretch run is what the SOX have now, i don't know how much crazy fun one's going to have.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]Crawford not playing today due to strained elbow... http://www.csnne.com/07/28/11/Report-Crawford-out-with-strained-elbow/landing_redsox.html?blockID=544290&feedID=3352
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

Heidi was just on interviewing Crawford. He apparently got a cortisone shot on Tuesday night to diminish the pain from the above injury. It takes two days for that shot to work and he expects to be back in the lineup on Friday night.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KurtColorado. Show KurtColorado's posts

In Response to Crawford:

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crawford : Heidi was just on interviewing Crawford. He apparently got a cortisone shot on Tuesday night to diminish the pain from the above injury. It takes two days for that shot to work and he expects to be back in the lineup on Friday night.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

"CRAWFISH is one of our best players"----francona

i see theo is still writing for tito.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crawford : 1st off, i hope you're right about CRAWFISH, but i don't believe even you believe that. 2nd off, if the starting 5 during the stretch run is what the SOX have now, i don't know how much crazy fun one's going to have.
    Posted by the_yazzer[/QUOTE]

I do believe it Yazzer.  And not out of blind homer hope.  Out of a logical thought process that goes:  Crawford at his career norms (regardless of those numbers vs. his contract etc.) is much better than what he has done thus far this season.  I gotta figure he will return to hitting at that level, even if his horrid first half keep from attaining those final numbers.  Also, i have watched him for years, with this same mechanically unsound swing, wreak havoc on the Sox and the AL East in general.  So, yes, i do believe it.  There only two ways one could not believe it:  1. one believes that the bright lights of boston are just too overwhelming for him (possible, but I find that hard to believe) or 2. one takes a completely short-sided view that does not take into account his career prior to 2011.

To your second point, yeah, can't say i am not worried about the rotation.  We are gonna NEED CrawFORD to come around if Buchholz is possibly shut down and no moves are made.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crawford : "CRAWFISH is one of our best players"----francona i see theo is still writing for tito.
    Posted by the_yazzer[/QUOTE]

Why not stop pretending and admit that you are not a Boston fan? Come out of that closet and show your pinstripes to all of us.

Sections
Shortcuts