Crawford

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxFan2OO4. Show RedSoxFan2OO4's posts

Crawford

The poor guy has tried all year and you can tell in his demeanor and his attitude, his lack of confidence was his downfall. But how do you not even look the ball into your glove, that's why he flat out missed it. This will be the longest off-season of his life. He seemed afraid to play in Boston and of pressure and it showed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Re: Crawford

I was unaware that extra innings would guaranteed a win for the Sox. I do know for a fact that playing like a bunch of scrubs in September cost them a playoff berth.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Should have had an RBI double in the 8th.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

So many should-haves, actually ... but in the immortal words of Cleatis the Slack-Jawed Yokel, "shoulda but didnta."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BS10FAN. Show BS10FAN's posts

In Response to Crawford:
    [QUOTE]The poor guy has tried all year and you can tell in his demeanor and his attitude, his lack of confidence was his downfall. But how do you not even look the ball into your glove, that's why he flat out missed it. This will be the longest off-season of his life. He seemed afraid to play in Boston and of pressure and it showed.
    Posted by RedSoxFan2OO4[/QUOTE]

i could not agree with you more!! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I don't think there has been a bigger bust in the history of Boston sports than Carl Crawford - not for any Boston Franchise.

I cannot stand him as a player and I don't see what anyone is talking about when they say "he tries so hard"

He needs to be sent away.  He is horrible.  An absolute disaster and he is the #1 reason this team is not in the post season.  (there are lots of reason sbut he is #1)

.255  11 HRs 57 RBI and lousy defense.

I literally cannot stand Carl Crawful and I can't imagine any scenario where he will be better next year.

He has to go.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxFan2OO4. Show RedSoxFan2OO4's posts

He is a freak athlete but that doesn't help you in playing the game of baseball. This will be a long contract boys.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I have been saying all season and have posted many times....the one thing that shocked me about Crawford, after getting to see him everyday, wasnt the offensive performance, but how in the world he had this reputation as a great outfielder. We knew is arm was weak, but his outfield play all year was really pitiful. Winning run on second....2 outs....an outfield is playing shallow and should never let a ball like that fall in 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

In Response to Re: Crawford:
    [QUOTE]I don't think there has been a bigger bust in the history of Boston sports than Carl Crawford - not for any Boston Franchise. I cannot stand him as a player and I don't see what anyone is talking about when they say "he tries so hard" He needs to be sent away.  He is horrible.  An absolute disaster and he is the #1 reason this team is not in the post season.  (there are lots of reason sbut he is #1) .255  11 HRs 57 RBI and lousy defense. I literally cannot stand Carl Crawful and I can't imagine any scenario where he will be better next year. He has to go.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

Eh you dont think John Lackey is a bigger bust than Crawford? Crawlford is an average player who is wayyyy overpaid. John Lackey  is a Single A pitcher on Ace money who on top of everything he cant do on the mound is a cancer. .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Let's face it.  Crawford is horrible.  I said it a few nights ago:

He will be the most hated player in Boston next summer. 

He will be miserable and he will play worse.  They have to find a way to move him.

Have to. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crawford : Eh you dont think John Lackey is a bigger bust than Crawford? Crawlford is an average player who is wayyyy overpaid. John Lackey  is a Single A pitcher on Ace money who on top of everything he cant do on the mound is a cancer. .
    Posted by jamesey271975[/QUOTE]

Crawford is a way bigger bust than Lackey.  He was supposed to bat 3rd, hit 25 HRs, score 100+ runs, steal 50 bases, and play great defense.  An MVP candidate.

He didn't come close in ANY category.  Not even close.

Biggest bust in history of Boston.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

I don't think there has been a bigger bust in the history of Boston sports than Carl Crawford - not for any Boston Franchise. I cannot stand him as a player and I don't see what anyone is talking about when they say "he tries so hard" He needs to be sent away.  He is horrible.  An absolute disaster and he is the #1 reason this team is not in the post season.  (there are lots of reason sbut he is #1) .255  11 HRs 57 RBI and lousy defense. I literally cannot stand Carl Crawful and I can't imagine any scenario where he will be better next year. He has to go.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

The team choked. Carl Crawford didn't do it all by himself.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OZGOD. Show OZGOD's posts

He needs one of those kiddie baseball gloves that are twice the size of normal ones I think.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crawford : The team choked. Carl Crawford didn't do it all by himself.
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]

Which is why I said he was the #1 reason of many reasons. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I wonder of Crawford realizes how lucky he is that he came after '04 and '07.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Oh, boo! hoo! Poor Crawl Crawfud. Bet the Rays miss him.
    This 147 million dollar albatross, thanks to Theo, destroys the outfield for years to come.
    I don't feel sorry for this gross underachiever. I hated the signing when it was announced and I hate it more after game 162.
    Sure, let's hear the Theo apologists tell us how much better he'll be next season.
    THE WORST FREE AGENT SIGNING IN MLB HISTORY!
    Give me players like Evan Longoria, who defines the term "clutch", not
    sad sack Crawful.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

You know who must love Crawford? 

Adrian Gonzalez who hasn't had a big hit in over a month.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

God didn't want him to hit in September.
    Now God is a baseball fan, according to Gonzalez's post game interview.
    "God didn't have it in his plans for us to win."
    What???????????????
    I can't stand this passing the blame to God nonsense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]God didn't want him to hit in September. Now God is a baseball fan, according to Gonzalez's post game interview. "God didn't have it in his plans for us to win." What??????????????? I can't stand this passing the blame to God nonsense.
    Posted by tbrod[/QUOTE]

Especially when Gonzalez spent two weeks telling us "when" we make the playoffs.

And how they "controlled their own destiny"

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steve3344. Show Steve3344's posts

Just when the Sox were getting out from under John Drew's horrendous five-year 70 million dollar deal they basically replace it with an even longer more obscene one for Crawford.  The beat goes on.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxNation4Ever. Show RedSoxNation4Ever's posts

[QUOTE]God didn't want him to hit in September. Now God is a baseball fan, according to Gonzalez's post game interview. "God didn't have it in his plans for us to win." What??????????????? I can't stand this passing the blame to God nonsense.
    Posted by tbrod[/QUOTE]
    at the home run hitting contest after Cano won, Adrian said it was no big deal to not win.  While Is ee the truth of what he said, it was big enough for me to root for him to win.  That lackadaisical response has been seen some from the "God" comment to others down the stretch.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crawford : Flawed logic....he actually got better as the season went on...and the Red Sox had the best record for four months while he was doing nothing....so to say he is the #1 reason is a joke. The pitching getting shelled and the lack of pitching depth is the #1 reason
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

So you don't think if Crawford had batted 30 points higher, stole 40+ bases, scored 100 runs, knocked in 85 runs and hit 20 - 25 HRs the Red Sox would have had a better record?  That wouldn't have been good for even a couple more wins?

That is what was expected and he was nowhere near ANY of his projected numbers in ANY category.

Then he topped it off with lousy defense.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Nice player, but no fire. VMart had fire. Pedroia has fire. This guy is vanilla, through and through.
    Hurt, maybe, but he did very little when it really counted.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Guvnor. Show Guvnor's posts

that drop was pathetic, as was the error in nyk the other day

he has been hopeless and if nhe had any shred of decency he would donate half of his overblown salary for the season to charity

Sections
Shortcuts