CRAWFORD'S DEFENSE IS DISAPPOINTING!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: CRAWFORD'S DEFENSE IS DISAPPOINTING!!

In Response to Re: CRAWFORD'S DEFENSE IS DISAPPOINTING!!:
    [QUOTE]Well, his little hot streak is over and now he's complaining that "batting 8th feels like a demotion" ?  Note to Carl Crawford - IT IS A DEMOTION He's batting more like Tek than Pedey and he's lucky to be batting 8th right now.  Besides, pay me 142 million and you bat me anywhere's in the line up you want..........Unbelieveable. 
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    Are you sure he said that? Story that just ran the other day in the Globe quoted him as saying ...

“What choice do you have? You have to play at the end of the day and try and help the team win any way you can. I really don’t even think about it. You figure you’re in the game still and you try and help the team.’

“You can’t be thinking about all that negative stuff. Once the lineup is up, you look at it and that’s it and it’s time to play. You don’t want all that stuff to carry over."

And Francona said ...

“Carl’s been nothing but professional in everything. He wasn’t hitting very well at the beginning and he tried harder to be a good hitter. It took him a little longer than everybody wanted. But he won the clubhouse over with his work ethic."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know any Zacks. Do I live on the wrong side of the railroad tracks? How many parents would name their son Zachary these days? 
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

Another example of Pike's sick need to segregate people.
    Now he uses a name as a lead-in.

Your Giraldi-inept puppet fools nobody.
    Your sickness always seaps through.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CRAWFORD'S DEFENSE IS DISAPPOINTING!! : Andrewmitch won't forgive him until he does.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]softy won't forgive him even if he does. softy just seems to hate guys that are fast. I'm sure if he were a pirates fan in the 60's he would have been railing on Roberto Clemente.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

CC Gold Glove winner= great fielder... no debate allowed.

I was laughed at when I said CC should be platooned for vs LHPs. His career and 2010 sub .700 numbers don't lie, and $20+ M/year changes nothing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Yes Yes Yes I heard him use the word DEMOTION but remember, I said it didn't come straight from Crawford....I heard it right but of course, it could have been a mistake or whatever on their part..........Also, I don't know if Craw accepted the demotion or was angered by it.....I agree since it was only heard once it may not mean anything or at the very least just let it go.  But if it does come up again it shouldn't come as a surprise to you........

Zack - sorry dude but that was a weak attempt to jump all over me.  Saying you'd rather have Crawford hit more like Tek than Pedey just because Tek is doing well at this specific point in time and Pedey is in a slump.  Unless you honestly believe that Tek is a better hitter than Pedey and then that's another discussion.  Actually, it isn't; I would never engage in such a discussion.......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

I am not sure why people are saying he needs to get used to the wall??? Ahhhhh did he not just come from Tampa? Let's see, 19 games a year, 9 games at Fenway a year. 8 years in the league? I am not positive about that number as I am just writing this. That's a max of 72 games in LF for Crawford. 

THATS ENOUGH !!!!!

I wonder why he is LOOKING this bad in the field. He is not this bad at all and we ALL know it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Anyway, to the point of Crawford's defense ... he has one error this year, which if I'm not mistaken came in Sunday night's game in NY. That cost the Sox a run. That's the only bad moment I can recall so far.

That said, overall he's been a disappointment so far. Nobody, Crawford himself, would dispute that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

you owe me one andrewmitch

“Oh man, there’s no way I’m not going to think it’s a demotion,” Crawford said with a self-deprecating laugh before last night’s 7-6 loss to the Toronto Blue Jays at Rogers Centre. “This is a good lineup, but it would be hard for me not to look at it like that. I’m not complaining about it or anything like that. That’s just the way it is in my mind.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/baseball/red_sox/view/2011_0511crawford_merits_move_up_in_order/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from playball01. Show playball01's posts

[QUOTE]Yes Yes Yes I heard him use the word DEMOTION but remember, I said it didn't come straight from Crawford....I heard it right but of course, it could have been a mistake or whatever on their part..........Also, I don't know if Craw accepted the demotion or was angered by it.....I agree since it was only heard once it may not mean anything or at the very least just let it go.  But if it does come up again it shouldn't come as a surprise to you........ Zack - sorry dude but that was a weak attempt to jump all over me.  Saying you'd rather have Crawford hit more like Tek than Pedey just because Tek is doing well at this specific point in time and Pedey is in a slump.  Unless you honestly believe that Tek is a better hitter than Pedey and then that's another discussion.  Actually, it isn't; I would never engage in such a discussion.......

You are contradicting yourself now! Read your earlier post. You clearly stated that Crawford was angered/complaining and it was "YOU" that referenced demotion, not Crawford. I would expect something like this from the Carnival Monkey but not from you.

posted at 5/17/2011 2:01 PM EDT

First: 6/4/2005
    Last: 5/18/2011
    Well, his little hot streak is over and now he's complaining that "batting 8th feels like a demotion" ? 

Note to Carl Crawford - IT IS A DEMOTION

He's batting more like Tek than Pedey and he's lucky to be batting 8th right now.  Besides, pay me 142 million and you bat me anywhere's in the line up you want..........Unbelieveable. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

It  is  becoming  more  and  more  evident  with  each  passing  game.  More  than  1/4  of  the  season  has  passed.  CC  is  not  able  to  handle  playing  on  a  BIG  STAGE.  He's  accustomed  to  playing  in  a  small  market, Tampa,  where  there  was  minimal  pressure.  There's  a  long  list  of  players  who  have  been  intimidated  playing  in    New  York  and  Boston    Also, he  may  be  overwhelmed  by  his  contract.  How  else  can  his  slump/demise  be  explained ?  He's  not  injured.  Maybe  he  will  eventually  adjust  and   his  talents  will  be  realized.  One  can  only  hope.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]you owe me one andrewmitch “Oh man, there’s no way I’m not going to think it’s a demotion,” Crawford said with a self-deprecating laugh before last night’s 7-6 loss to the Toronto Blue Jays at Rogers Centre. “This is a good lineup, but it would be hard for me not to look at it like that. I’m not complaining about it or anything like that. That’s just the way it is in my mind.” http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/baseball/red_sox/view/2011_0511crawford_merits_move_up_in_order/
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]
    Oh, hell, does anybody have a problem with that? I'm guessing that was a direct question -- "Do you consider this a demotion?" -- and he answered it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

and people wonder why some players don't want to play on a big market team....Yell

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

Can't hit and can't field and now looks like a platoon player...all for the bargain price of $142M!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]Can't hit and can't field and now looks like a platoon player...all for the bargain price of $142M!!
    Posted by --The--Babe--1[/QUOTE]

And yet, the mighty Yankees still can't beat them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Playball - please settle down.......

The announcer/writer said "CC considered it a demotion"

I said that to me, based on what I heard, it sounded like he was angered by it....However, it is hard for me to really know if he was actually angered by it or if he accepted it....If I had to say one way or another, I would say he was angered by it; however, the only item left is was he angered by it beause it was his own fault or was he angered by it because he still thinks he should be batting higher in the order.......

I am not trying to twist words...I am just trying to communicate what I know I heard.......Like I said, I wouldn't consider it an issue unless it comes up again anyways.........But it wouldnt' surprise me if it did come up again....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Oh, hell, does anybody have a problem with that? I'm guessing that was a direct question -- "Do you consider this a demotion?" -- and he answered it.

Lloyd

it seems to me that anyone who has a problem with that

has a bigger problem

they can't handle the truth

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I think Lloyd found the proper reference....the announcer must have referenced that article....I guess we all know it's a demotion and Carl is handling it the best way he can.  It shouldn't be an issue.  The announcer led me to believe it was more of an issue than it really is....move on.........

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I've said this before, but he is WAY OUT OF HIS ELEMENT in LF, especially at Fenway......

The short porch w/ The Monster takes away Crawford's biggest asset in the outfield..... his speed!!!!  We know his arm is marginal.....  The monster does not allow him to run down long fly balls......

If I were running the show (a scary prospect) I would strongly consider moving J.D. Drew to LF!!!!   I am convinced that J.D, a VERY GOOD outfielder would be perfect for LF at Fenway!!!  Very smart outfielder!  Would learn that WALL quickly!!!  Good arm... etc.

RF would give Crawford more room to run down balls & protect that big gap in R -C field....

????????   Just a thought?????

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know any Zacks. Do I live on the wrong side of the railroad tracks? How many parents would name their son Zachary these days? 
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

Nah, you live on the wrong side of the Zacks, man.

Also, softserve, yeah, Theo likes to make bad signings based on career years.  That's what it is.

I was bummed that CC bobbled that ball that let Granderson score, too, but he's only been playing in Fenway's LF as his home for a short time and he's only been slumping for a short time compared to his career.  Ugliest swing in baseball?  Please.  He is a valuable ballplayer and this signing will only be evaluated w/ accuracy in about 3 years not after 41 games.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CRAWFORD'S DEFENSE IS DISAPPOINTING!! : Nah, you live on the wrong side of the Zacks, man. Also, softserve, yeah, Theo likes to make bad signings based on career years.  That's what it is. I was bummed that CC bobbled that ball that let Granderson score, too, but he's only been playing in Fenway's LF as his home for a short time and he's only been slumping for a short time compared to his career.  Ugliest swing in baseball?  Please.  He is a valuable ballplayer and this signing will only be evaluated w/ accuracy in about 3 years not after 41 games.

Posted by CTJake14[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, but when you only have 41 games to evaluate by.......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Girardi-Inept. Show Girardi-Inept's posts

Must be boring when a thread runs rampant with speculation over a simple straighforward harmless statement in the newspaper. He says a was a demotion and he can live with it due to the circumstances.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Must be boring when a thread runs rampant with speculation over a simple straighforward harmless statement in the newspaper.

kinda boring

but not when you compare it to

another pike & the pikettes post

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

no, it was good to get to the bottom of it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]I've said this before, but he is WAY OUT OF HIS ELEMENT in LF, especially at Fenway...... The short porch w/ The Monster takes away Crawford's biggest asset in the outfield..... his speed!!!!  We know his arm is marginal.....  The monster does not allow him to run down long fly balls...... If I were running the show (a scary prospect) I would strongly consider moving J.D. Drew to LF!!!!   I am convinced that J.D, a VERY GOOD outfielder would be perfect for LF at Fenway!!!  Very smart outfielder!  Would learn that WALL quickly!!!  Good arm... etc. RF would give Crawford more room to run down balls & protect that big gap in R -C field.... ????????   Just a thought?????
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

Playing the Monstah is one thing, but I think people overlook some important factors about what his speed brings to the table in LF.  Yes, his speed is neutralized in the vertical plain.  But, his lateral range allows Ellsbury to shade more to the parks' very dangerous right center area.  I think this is of greater value than any value lost with the short porch in terms of his speed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

[QUOTE]no, it was good to get to the bottom of it.

that's what she said.