Crawford's hitting is clearly effecting his fielding

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Crawford's hitting is clearly effecting his fielding

In Response to Re: Crawford's hitting is clearly effecting his fielding:
    [QUOTE]Folks Crawford is the real deal. Francona will do exactly what he did with Pedroia in his first year. As all the fans and media were voicing their opinions that Pedroia should go back to AAA or AA Francona stuck with him. He will do the same for Crawford and many of us will be back tracking on the comments made on this forum. TW remember he did the same for Ortiz last year an we all know what he ended up doing over the LONG HAUL.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

thought we lost you jim. nice to see youre still around. my brother played minor league BB, got to AAA before an injury derailed his career. he always said when you're not doing well, it effects your entire game.  when everythings going wrong, cant get anything to go right. you lose your timing. everything you hit is directly at someone. he said the opposite is also true, as fast as you lost it, you get it back. when you're doing well, you make plays you never did before, everything you hit, finds green. calls go your way, balls are called strikes, called safe when youre out. nothing you can do but play it out. slumps are part of the ups and downs of the game. crawford is a proven player in the ALE. patience is a virtue in this case.

Also, Crawford has been out early everyday since the team has returned to fenway, to practice/ learn playing the Monstah. its something obviously he couldnt do in ST. it will take some time. again patience everybody.

lastly, I'll get a running start on Gonzales. He's changing Leagues. i think it will take some time for him to become familiar with the pitchers in the AL. patience.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]Small market player now in Boston.  Both he and Gonzalez are off to slow starts.  But Crawford is the obvious mess. Hopefully they get over it.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

Even with a low BABIP (.047 below his career mark) AGon is hitting .250/.368/.396

While he hasn't hit his stride yet, he's still hitting, getting on base, and playing good D at 1st.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I watch CC's batting stance and wonder how he hits anything...it is unnatural, ugly, and I don't like it one bit...it's almost as stupid as the Youk guy's stance...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

[QUOTE]baseballGM, My God!  Please stop with the interminable stats!  We've heard them ad nosium! The whole point of the thread was NOT "would Crawford theoretically make a good leadoff hitter?"  He CLEARLY would.  Probably, but not definitely, better than Els. THE POINT was........ does Tito need to drop the kid in the lineup to let him settle in???? Please!  Stop copying & pasting the SAME damn stats.  We got it! Sorry to be a little abrupt! :) 
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]
    ====================================
     Spot on.His act never changes.
     Back to the OP,I agree 100% he should be dropped.When a player says that he does`nt like a certain spot in the lineup,he probably won`t do well there. I agree with the other posters,drop him down to 7th or so until be breaks out of his slump.Nothing lost,plenty to gain.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Craw will be fine, but for now--I also noticed that inning where he didn't realize it was the last out. That's instructive. Shows he's distracted and thinking about something other than what's in front of him. Anyone remember that nightmare game from 09 when the Sox blew that 10-1 lead in Baltimore? Remember how they came back out of that rain delay with the huge lead, and then the whole infield started to walk off the field when there were only two out in 5th or 6th? Uh huh...same principle here. Bad things happen/keep happening when you aren't looking at what's exactly in front of you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I wasn't aware that CC was "hitting" at all.
    Makes no difference where you bat a slumping hitter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Back to reality...

Crawford is in the unfortunate position of having to prove his worth at the plate while adjusting to an unusual Left Field.

Here is a little reality check. Crawford doesn't have to prove anything to get paid the full contract. Fenway LF has nothing to do with letting a ball go over your head. He had a beat on it, put his glove up, and missed it becaue he took his eye off of it. He wasn't even close to the wall.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about. Crawford will end up like nearly all veteran players do. He'll hit within his career average high and low ranges, which won't be where it is now. Now, get a reality check.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

baseballGM,

My God!  Please stop with the interminable stats!  We've heard them ad nosium!

I seldom posts stats, so let's leave anger and God out of this, shall we?

I was posting a factual correction to "2007's" post that Ellsbury was a .300 OBP leadoff hitter. Sorry if that angered you, you might want to talk to local spiritual advisor, modern American culture.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Spot on.His act never changes.
     Back to the OP,I agree 100% he should be dropped.When a player says that he does`nt like a certain spot in the lineup,he probably won`t do well there. I agree with the other posters,drop him down to 7th or so until be breaks out of his slump.Nothing lost,plenty to gain.

Do you specialize is making a fool of yourself. If not, you should, it's about the only thing you do well.

"People seem to want to say that I hate batting leadoff," he wrote. "I don't hate batting leadoff, not at all, especially with this lineup. ... There's nothing wrong with batting leadoff at all. People that say I hate batting leadoff don't know me that well."   -- Carl Crawford

Carl, some idiots don't even know you at all and still say they know what you don't like.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

BaseballGM rarely posts anything that makes sense:

"Here is a little reality check. Crawford doesn't have to prove anything to get paid the full contract" - BaseballGM

Since the thread is called "Crawford's hitting is clearly effecting his fielding"....ummm....what???? 

Way to not add anything to the proposed discussion...let alone address the fact that your 592 posts in less than a month makes you a TROLL, in other words, you are nobody and you should be ignored!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

CRAWFORD IS A SINGLES AND DOUBLES HITTER IN A BALLPARK
    THAT IS UNFRIENDLY TO LEFTY HITTERS WHEN THE SOX NEED
    A HR TO GET BACK IN THE GAME.  THAT'S WHY THE YANKEES
    GO OUT AND GET GRANDERSON WHO IMMEDIATELY BECOMES
    A 25HR MAN IN THAT BALLPARK.  BY THE WAY, CHAVEZ WON THE
    GAME FOR THE YANKS TONITE...ANOTHER SMART GET BY 
    CASHMAN, UNLIKE THE GET OF CAMERON BY BRAINCHILD THEO. 
    BY THE WAY, HOW DO THE YANKS GET RUSSELL MARTIN WHO
    ALREADY HAS 4 HRS. AND WE GET SALTALAMACCHIA WHO
    DESPITE TODAY, IS STILL GONNA BE LUCKY TO HIT .220 !
    WHOOPEE, WE WON TWO....BUT WE GOT DICE GOING AGAINST
    ROMERO ON MON, AND THEN WE GO TO THE LEFT COAST WHERE
    WE USUALLY STINK OUT THE PLACE.  MEANWHILE THE YANKS
    JUST KEEP WINNING, EVEN THOUGH WE DO, ALSO. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Ughh!  Will the kid come around?  Yes!  But, I would prefer sooner rather than later.  If you don't think his aweful hitting can effect this fielding, which it clearly is, you have never played ball.  He's understandably very concerned about it, and has said as much in a number of interviews.  It's in his head.  So is his VERY VISIBLE place in the @#1 spot.  He's majorly pressing, & things are going from bad to worse.  When your BAD hitting gets in your head, it effects your play in the field, because you start perseverating on it, and you're not thinking about what you should be in the field. 

Mr. GM.....  It's clear you are a thoughtful guy.  No problem!  I, and many others, just happen to think you're dead wrong about this.  It's OK....  Chill.  Have you ever played ball?  Really?  Because, if you haven't, you need to drop the stat sheets & talk to someone who has.  I have!  Granted, it's been quite a long time now, but I can guarantee you this is a very common phenomenon with baseball players.  Not for all....  Some, use their problems at the plate to get motivated in the field.  BUT, for a very good fielder like Crawford, it certainly seems to be the case. 

There is no proving I'm right & you're wrong on this.  You can't look it up in a stat sheet. 

Have a good night all :)    BTW................

WE WON 2 IN A ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

Strange.......... I feel happier :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

If his hitting slump is doing anything to his fielding, and I have little doubt that it probably is, it is affecting his fielding, not effecting it.

And the ball just beyond his reach probably had more to do with the wind conditions than taking his eye off the ball.  There was a lot of awful play on fly balls in today's game.  Either every player out there suddenly turned into an awful fielder today, or the wind played havoc with otherwise competent major league fielders.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evans24RF. Show Evans24RF's posts

Crawford is pushing so hard to perform that he is lost at the plate and in the field. After playing years of baseball and softball, there is no doubt he is pushing too hard.

In all honesty, what I think Crawford should do is drop down some bunts. Let him watch the ball all the way to the bat and use his speed to try and beat it out. Bunting and watching the ball hit the bat will help re-establish his hand-eye coordination and get his confidence going, get him on base, get a few steals and score some runs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Dirtdog, fair comment, though we disagree. Let me put it to you like this. It wouldn't matter whether Crawford got a contract for 4 years and 60 or 70 million million, like Bay, or the 142M he got. He's still going to come to another team and city where Lugo and his relatively tiny contract was booed out of town.

Crawford is pressing because he feels the pressure of a town where people show up to see payers play well and win baseball games. In Tampa, few show up and most don't really care. His money is guaranteed, and he'd be booed if he started like this and signed a Lugo contract. Sure, if he made a few hundered thousand or million as bench guy, but that's not the case. It's not the 142M that is affecting him, it's expectations from the fans that expect a player to play good baseball not great baseball.

I played high school baseball. How about you? I have a relative who played in the minor leagues for the Red Sox back in the Babe Ruth days.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Dirtdog, fair comment, though we disagree. Let me put it to you like this. It wouldn't matter whether Crawford got a contract for 4 years and 60 or 70 million million, like Bay, or the 142M he got. He's still going to come to another team and city where Lugo and his relatively tiny contract was booed out of town. Crawford is pressing because he feels the pressure of a town where people show up to see payers play well and win baseball games. In Tampa, few show up and most don't really care. His money is guaranteed, and he'd be booed if he started like this and signed a Lugo contract. Sure, if he made a few hundered thousand or million as bench guy, but that's not the case. It's not the 142M that is affecting him, it's expectations from the fans that expect a player to play good baseball not great baseball. I played high school baseball. How about you? I have a relative who played in the minor leagues for the Red Sox back in the Babe Ruth days.
    Posted by BaseballGM[/QUOTE]

Were you a catcher?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]dino, it's alright to be insecure and angry. Just get help for it. How many posts has nothing to do with quality. Your first empty minded post was your first post, and the 546 subsequently. You should have stopped there.

Baseball GM is softlflaw the banned board jester

the quality of his posts is trash, just like the obscene quantity, he is here to bother, hurt and attack posters b/c he is a loser with nothing better to do

he has sox players he hates, a good half dozen of them, and will slander them to no end, refusing to bend or recognize when he has been proven wrong, which happens all the time

he is also a racist

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Dirtdog, fair comment, though we disagree. Let me put it to you like this. It wouldn't matter whether Crawford got a contract for 4 years and 60 or 70 million million, like Bay, or the 142M he got. He's still going to come to another team and city where Lugo and his relatively tiny contract was booed out of town. Crawford is pressing because he feels the pressure of a town where people show up to see payers play well and win baseball games. In Tampa, few show up and most don't really care. His money is guaranteed, and he'd be booed if he started like this and signed a Lugo contract. Sure, if he made a few hundered thousand or million as bench guy, but that's not the case. It's not the 142M that is affecting him, it's expectations from the fans that expect a player to play good baseball not great baseball. I played high school baseball. How about you? I have a relative who played in the minor leagues for the Red Sox back in the Babe Ruth days.

Hey....  I agree with almost all of this :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

I'm not Softlaw! You have serious issues, ramekap. Learn to enjoy life.

Harness, I was a pitcher. I threw a change up and a fastball that wasn't that fast. My curve would go all over the place so I didn't throw it. I would grip the ball with and over the seems. My ERA was too high to move on to college baseball or minor league baseball. My catchers blamed my bad patching 100% on me. Of course, that's not fair because of how much catchers have to do with pitching, I told him;) His fingers were stubby and hard to see with white medical tape, and it wasn't like I threw but 2 pitches. He would stand up all the time and complain his back was hurting. I would aim the ball in the middle of the batters waistline and throw sidearm at a side angle disecting the plate. I also was the backup 2nd baseman, as nearly every one would pitch.

Now, a buddy of mine from Ohio and his team beat Paul O'Neil's little league team a few times. He said O'Neil was a fantastic player, but his team wasn't that good. He said O'Neil would ball like a baby when his team lost. Kind of like you do when I say that pitchers throw the pitch they want, where they want to, and when they want to.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I live my life to fullest and enjoy it a lot

you on the other hand are 100% Softlaw, a sad pitiful man who has such a miserable life he comes to a computer board to post negative drivel and attack other people 500 times in a month hiding like a coward under a new nickname after th eold onew was banned for the millionth time

Sad

i have a life to get back to... keep up the shameful sham Softy, attack and hurt, bother and bug, lie with stats, be proven wrong and spin, start fights, demean players, slip in your racism...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Well, I can see why you think catcher's have no relevance!
    If you are going by first-hand experience, then I see where you are coming from.

Pitchers go through different stages, and all have their own MO.
    Inexperienced M.L. moundsman don't make a point of shaking off their catchers. The reason is because they go over approach before the game begins, and he doesn't have the experience his catcher often does.

Once pitchers become more seasoned, they tend to have more in-game input. It becomes a "feel thing" with them. One type of pitch might feel better in a given game - or moment.

As pitchers pitch into their 30's, many like to call their own game if they feel they aren't on the same page as their receiver.

The assumption to better CERA catchers is that they call better games. This is only a part of why catchers like Tek don't compromise pitchers. There are many reasons, and most are blind to the observing eye.

A catcher has to know what's coming. He puts out signals.
    He makes suggestions  to the pitcher as to type of pitch and location, based on scouting reports and in-game adjustments, etc.

Of course a pitcher determines what he's gonna throw. But his trust in his catcher is extremely important. For example, if he has a good two-seamer and wants to throw it more often than it's called for, he can get burnt facing a dead FB hitter, or he can be right. It's a matter of working together in the best fashion.

A good catcher has to be flexible. If you had been able to pitch longer and at credible levels, perhaps you'd have seen this for yourself. If you are gonna turn a blind eye to it - and to all the compelling data - neither I nor anyone else will be able to allow you to see it.

That's up to you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

None of that changes the fact. A pitcher throws what he wants, where he wants, when he wants to.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

"But UR Honor, she drove me to it! She slept with my best friend. She taunted me endlessly! She black-mailed me. I only meant to scare her...".

"Makes no difference. The bullet killed her. And you shot the gun. These are the facts. These are the only facts. It doesn't matter what you meant to do".

Sections
Shortcuts