CRAZY $$$$, M L B, AND THE "BIG O" FACTOR =

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

CRAZY $$$$, M L B, AND THE "BIG O" FACTOR =

I KNOW THAT THESE TEAMS ARE LOADED WITH $$$$$. HOWEVER, AT WHAT POINT DO THE FANS SAY.... "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH", AND WHAT IT COSTS TO GO TO THE PARK ???   WITH THE "BIG O" LOOKING TO TAKE MORE $$$$ FROM ALL OF US, THAT COULD CUT BIG TIME INTO THE % OF THE PEOPLE THAT WILL CONTINUE TO SPEND FOR THEIR TEAMS.....  JUST A THOUGHT !!!      CRAZY TIMES FOR SURE !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Re: CRAZY $$$$, M L B, AND THE "BIG O" FACTOR =

Weren't the individual income tax rates higher across the board under the Bush administrations?

Much of the franchise revenue comes from TV and radio contacts. My cost to subscribe to MLB Extra Innings stayed the same after the Crawford and Gonzalez signings. $1 per game is still a great deal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: CRAZY $$$$, M L B, AND THE "BIG O" FACTOR =:
    Weren't the individual income tax rates higher across the board under the Bush administrations? Much of the franchise revenue comes from TV and radio contacts. My cost to subscribe to MLB Extra Innings stayed the same after the Crawford and Gonzalez signings. $1 per game is still a great deal.
    Posted by UticaClub
       OK MY UTICAFRIEND..... LET ME CUT RIGHT TO THE QUICK.......  WITH THE COUNTRY HEADING TO 3RD WORLD STATUS, WILL GOING TO THE BALL PARK AND TV PACKAGES CONTINUE TO MAINTAIN $TRONG INTERE$T  $$$$$   ???????????????

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Bill must be in the 1% if he think the Big O wants to take more from him. He's not looking to take more from me.

But , if you'd rather have a newt or a mitt, I guess you are entitled to your opinion.

"Rejoice millionaires!!!...I'm on your side!!!...I'm Dubbya, and I will bring back the old days!!!...remember the Dark Ages???...we are almost there. folks. There's a light at the end of the tunnel, and you guessed it , it's a Republican train getting ready to flatten the middle class!!! Support your local millionaire, vote Republican!"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Bill must be in the 1% if he think the Big O wants to take more from him. He's not looking to take more from me. But , if you'd rather have a newt or a mitt, I guess you are entitled to your opinion. "Rejoice millionaires!!!...I'm on your side!!!...I'm Dubbya, and I will bring back the old days!!!...remember the Dark Ages???...we are almost there. folks. There's a light at the end of the tunnel, and you guessed it , it's a Republican train getting ready to flatten the middle class!!! Support your local millionaire, vote Republican!"
    Posted by ZILLAGOD
    ZILLY.....  LOOK AT THE MOVES FOR THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS  BY THE RED SOX......  LACKEY , A-GON, CRAWFORD, EXTENSION FOR BECKETT =  NO $$ THIS YEAR..... GREAT LONG TERM DEALS ???????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to Re: CRAZY $$$$, M L B, AND THE "BIG O" FACTOR = : ZILLY.....  LOOK AT THE MOVES FOR THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS  BY THE RED SOX......  LACKEY , A-GON, CRAWFORD, EXTENSION FOR BECKETT =  NO $$ THIS YEAR..... GREAT LONG TERM DEALS ???????
    Posted by Bill-806

Do you grade long term deals in the short term? Isn't it more logical to wait on those that underperformed out of the gate? Beckett  and Agonz had good years - what's the beef? Lackey and Dice-K got injured. One can also look at poor long term deals that other teams made over the years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: CRAZY $$$$, M L B, AND THE "BIG O" FACTOR = : Do you grade long term deals in the short term? Isn't it more logical to wait on those that underperformed out of the gate? Beckett  and Agonz had good years - what's the beef? Lackey and Dice-K got injured. One can also look at poor long term deals that other teams made over the years.
    Posted by UticaClub
    WHATS THE BEEF ????  ON THE ABOVE MENTIONED, ONLY A-GON PERFORMED TO HIS CONTRACT LAST YEAR AND I THINK THERE WAS SOME DAMAGE TO THE SHOULDER AT/AFTER THE ALL STAR GAME.....  JUST SAYING, THE RED SOX AND ALL OF MLB CAN NOT CONTINUE TO MAKE MI$TAKE$ WITH BIG $$ FOR LONG YEARS IN TODAYS POOR ECONOMIC CLIMATE.....  IT WILL COME HOME TO ROOST !!!   OH NO, THAT WAS REV WRIGHT !!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Bill must be in the 1% if he think the Big O wants to take more from him. He's not looking to take more from me. But , if you'd rather have a newt or a mitt, I guess you are entitled to your opinion. "Rejoice millionaires!!!...I'm on your side!!!...I'm Dubbya, and I will bring back the old days!!!...remember the Dark Ages???...we are almost there. folks. There's a light at the end of the tunnel, and you guessed it , it's a Republican train getting ready to flatten the middle class!!! Support your local millionaire, vote Republican!"
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

It's not that liberals don't know anything, it's just that they know so much that isn't so!
    Sure lets tax the wealthy more, so they can pass that tax increase right on to middle-class consumers. Job creators who want to keept profit margins in the black have to absorb a tax increase somehow, by either charging more or hiring less.
    Don't you liberals get that? don't you know that lowering the corporate income tax rate will drive investors to invest more money, hence, create more jobs? Or is that just too complicated for you to understand? More jobs , more revenue, more investment, more revenue. Less regulation, more revenue.
    Let''s say you owned a business that made widgets with 10 employess, and you made 500K last year. Along comes a tax increase on capital gains and corporate rate cutting into your profits by 50%. What do you do? Raise the price of your widgets, or lay people off? Raising taxes on anyone is a job killer!
    I have an idea. Why don't we make everyone pay taxes, including the 47% who don't pay any, and actually get a refund because somebody wealthier pays it for them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Isn't there a political forum board somewhere around here. Conservatives, liberals, democrats, republicans - really? Who gives a cr*p, because I can tell you with 100 % certainty that none of them in DC, your State Capital or Municipal Capital give a cr*p about you. Survive as best you can and hope you make it to your death.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Isn't there a political forum board somewhere around here. Conservatives, liberals, democrats, republicans - really? Who gives a cr*p, because I can tell you with 100 % certainty that none of them in DC, your State Capital or Municipal Capital give a cr*p about you. Survive as best you can and hope you make it to your death.
    Posted by jesseyeric
      WELL SAID YOUNG MAN.......  THATS WHY I RAISE THE CONCERN FOR  MLB AS WE KNOW/KNEW IT .....  THE $$$ THAT THE MARLINS & ANGELS ARE THROWING AROUND MAKES VERY LITTLE SENSE TO THIS MIDDLE CLASS BASEBALL FAN !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

There is only one Big O, and his full name is Oscar Robertson, who must have been long before Bill-806's time.   He is the only player in NBA history who overaged a triple-double for an entire season. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

The President, like the Congress, is trying to figure out how to reduce the deficit, and has taken nothing off the table--not Social Security, not Medicare, nothing.  The Tea Party and a large chunk of Republicans have, on the other hand, sworn a blood oath never to raise taxes or fees or anything of the kind. 

These are tough times and both branches of government are wrestling with finding a reasonable solution.  Bill-806, meanwhile, is only interested in frivolity. 

Sections
Shortcuts