Credit Francona

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

Credit Francona

I lot of people rip on him big time, but he really deserves some credit of late.  He has gone against what he normally does.  Getting Lowrie in the line-up did GREAT things this weekend, I mean even yesterday he didn't swing the bat well, but kept getting on base.

I also think the line-up shuffling is a sign of a manager working hard to get his guys going...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Re: Credit Francona

In Response to Credit Francona:
    [QUOTE]I lot of people rip on him big time, but he really deserves some credit of late.  He has gone against what he normally does.  Getting Lowrie in the line-up did GREAT things this weekend, I mean even yesterday he didn't swing the bat well, but kept getting on base. I also think the line-up shuffling is a sign of a manager working hard to get his guys going...
    Posted by jarretfromportsmouth[/QUOTE]

Lowrie has been hot since the first game. If Francona kept him on the bench, he might have suffered the same fate he got in Philly.
    Shuffling the lineup should be done in spring training not during the season with a few exceptions. 
    I was surprised but not opposed to using Drew at leadoff.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Keep trying Jarret!  People will never give Tito credit.  He knows it and accepts it.  The guy is great for this team.  He doesn't get too high or too low.  That is key when the team struggles.  The faith he showed in Pedroia should be all the Nation needed to see in 2007.  Instead, they still call for Tito's head.  It is Madness!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Re: Credit Francona:
    [QUOTE]Keep trying Jarret!  People will never give Tito credit.  He knows it and accepts it.  The guy is great for this team.  He doesn't get too high or too low.  That is key when the team struggles.  The faith he showed in Pedroia should be all the Nation needed to see in 2007.  Instead, they still call for Tito's head.  It is Madness!
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

Jim,

Tito's winning percentage with the RS for seven years is .573, and of course I'm purposely ignoring his record with the Phillies, as it doesn't pertain to his stay with Boston. That percentage would place him 16th on the alltime list.

I guess he should really be fired knowing all this if he cannot atleast having a .600 winning percentage !!

Sarcastically speaking of course.  

Hetchinspete.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Credit Francona : Translation:  His coddling of certain millioniare, underachieving players, might come back to haunt him in 2011.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Just because Francona fails to out everything to the Boston press doesn't mean he coddles his players like many think. I'd like to know what you base your opinion on. Do you have an inside clubhouse scource that the rest of us don't know about ??

Hetchinspete.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamaicaPlain67. Show JamaicaPlain67's posts

Drew had a .550 BA against today's starter and even Bosox1941 knew that from the reams of computer printouts next to his armchair and Bud sixpack.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

The team is 5-10 what credit? Had he been half a good manager this team would have been prepared for the regular season. Instead of treating Ft Myers like a winter vacation this team should have been working on playing. Geesh what has he done?

The team is now going on a west coast trip let's see how well he handles things, then let's talk about how good he's doing. 

The sox built a 9-0 lead, good thing as he couldn't mess up that large of a lead.

[QUOTE]I lot of people rip on him big time, but he really deserves some credit of late.  He has gone against what he normally does.  Getting Lowrie in the line-up did GREAT things this weekend, I mean even yesterday he didn't swing the bat well, but kept getting on base. I also think the line-up shuffling is a sign of a manager working hard to get his guys going...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Wow... 3 in a row !! Got to give it Tito ... Finally getting the Team's Hottest hitter in the line up after only 12 games part time playing !! Yea a real Genius. For a Guy That's supposed to be a "People's Manager" you think he would have let Dice-K At least start the Inning and then take him out to get a Good Round of Applause From the Fenway Faithful !! Once again, even in a 9-1 Game Tito finds a way to get under my skin !! LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

He has a way of doing that. Don't feel alone he has been under mine for 3 seasons now. But the sox scored a lot of runs so he couldn't mess up this game.

[QUOTE] Wow... 3 in a row !! Got to give it Tito ... Finally getting the Team's Hottest hitter in the line up after only 12 games part time playing !! Yea a real Genius. For a Guy That's supposed to be a "People's Manager" you think he would have let Dice-K At least start the Inning and then take him out to get a Good Round of Applause From the Fenway Faithful !! Once again, even in a 9-1 Game Tito finds a way to get under my skin !! LOL
    Posted by ALaGatorAL[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Credit Francona : Jim, Tito's winning percentage with the RS for seven years is .573, and of course I'm purposely ignoring his record with the Phillies, as it doesn't pertain to his stay with Boston. That percentage would place him 16th on the alltime list. I guess he should really be fired knowing all this if he cannot atleast having a .600 winning percentage !! Sarcastically speaking of course.   Hetchinspete.
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

You're right. He deserves all the credit for inheriting a team that won the WS in his first season, he had a lot to do with that. Especially his genius move of trading Nomar, which sparked the team.

Point is, I think a chimp would have a winning percentage north of .550 with the talent he's had all these years. Let's be honest, have the Sox had a season that, at the end, you wnet "Wow! They completely surpassed all expectations!" No, this team has always been talented enough to win 90+.

The guy, himself said "I'm just going to try to stay out of their way" when he was hired. FRANCONA probably doens't think he deserves much of the credit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]The team is 5-10 what credit? Had he been half a good manager this team would have been prepared for the regular season. Instead of treating Ft Myers like a winter vacation this team should have been working on playing. Geesh what has he done? The team is now going on a west coast trip let's see how well he handles things, then let's talk about how good he's doing.  The sox built a 9-0 lead, good thing as he couldn't mess up that large of a lead. In Response to Credit Francona :
    Posted by REDSOX-11[/QUOTE]
    I've noticed it seems to be your mission to throw a wet blanket over every positive post or thread.   I hope your life outside of this forum is more upbeat.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]The team is 5-10 what credit? Had he been half a good manager this team would have been prepared for the regular season. Instead of treating Ft Myers like a winter vacation this team should have been working on playing. Geesh what has he done? The team is now going on a west coast trip let's see how well he handles things, then let's talk about how good he's doing.  The sox built a 9-0 lead, good thing as he couldn't mess up that large of a lead. In Response to Credit Francona :
    Posted by REDSOX-11[/QUOTE]

Please give an example of how they treated ST like a vacation?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Credit Francona : So you think Lowrie, who was out a bunch last year, and is not a stellar defender should have been the starter??  Cause it has only been 15 games, 5 of which he has started.  And he was 1 for 7 to start the year, but yeah I am sure everyone was clammoring for him to start...

These people are so oblivious that it's almost spectacular to watch.

They claim now, after a 1-7 start by Lowrie, that it was an obvious move to start him.

Do you know why?

It's because they didn't know that Lowrie started off so badly.

Kudos to Tito for starting the struggling Lowrie.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]Terry Francona simply does not know how to handle pitchers. Dice-K threw  exactly 89 pitches in 7 innings, gave up one hit and one base-on-balls. What the heck was The Spitter doing by taking him out? the guy can throw 120-150 pitches and be ready to go in three days because of his training. The bullpen is a crap shoot so far but Francona loves to act like he is a major league manager in the Sissy League and knows how to shift players around during a game. And as for his making out a batting order, FORGET IT !!! Who we need is Bobby Valentine.
    Posted by johnbee418[/QUOTE]

Yep, terrible batting orders the last 2 games, only 17 runs. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Come on,you should know better than that.Francona is the leader when the Sox lose,but is a follower when the Sox win.After all,they've only won 2 World Series in his 6 years since he's become manager.If you can't lead(or follow)your team to more than 33% World Championships during your tenure,you're a bum and should be replaced.Isn't that obvious?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Dice-K threw  exactly 89 pitches in 7 innings, gave up one hit and one base-on-balls. What the heck was The Spitter doing by taking him out?

You take him out so that leaves feeling great, instead of gambling that something goes wrong.

the guy can throw 120-150 pitches and be ready to go in three days because of his training. The bullpen is a crap shoot so far but Francona loves to act like he is a major league manager in the Sissy League and knows how to shift players around during a game.

Yeah, really.  We need to operate like we have a fear of blowing a 9-run lead.  "No, we can't take Dice out.  We only have a 9-run lead!!!"

And as for his making out a batting order, FORGET IT !!! Who we need is Bobby Valentine.

The only change from the regular lineup was to bat Drew leadoff.  He was 9-20 with 4 walks against Romero.  Now explain why you think this was a bad move?

And Valentine sounds like a complete idiot on TV, 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Credit Francona : So you think Lowrie, who was out a bunch last year, and is not a stellar defender should have been the starter??  Cause it has only been 15 games, 5 of which he has started.  And he was 1 for 7 to start the year, but yeah I am sure everyone was clammoring for him to start...

Yes... He should have been the starter plain and simple !! I'm not down on Scutaro, I just think the Younger Lowrie was always the better choice. !!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Dice-K threw  exactly 89 pitches in 7 innings, gave up one hit and one base-on-balls. What the heck was The Spitter doing by taking him out?

You take him out so that leaves feeling great, instead of gambling that something goes wrong.

You Take him Out after facing 1 Batter in the top of the 8th !! No Brainer, Simple Call... What could have possibly gone wrong with the one Batter ?? He Hit the ball, on the Jordan's Furniture sign, in Center and the Sox automatically lose the game ?? Let the Same Fans who Drove the Guy to Near Tears the other Night get a chance to cheer for the guy and show some appreciation for the guy's performance today !! Last thing for tonight... Earlier in the game 7 for the season came up with two runners on and no outs... WHERE WAS THE SACRIFICE ?? Let the Guy Try and make a PRODUCTIVE OUT for a change !! That is why Francona will always be a tool !!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Drew led-off, I suppose this means JD will hold the one spot going forward. Or..... JD will bat 7th tomorrow, and 6th the day after that, and than perhaps 2nd after a well deserved day-off.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

More seriously it does seem as if Tito has settled the 2 thru 4 part of the line-up. I still would like to see Youk batting 3rd... but a set 1 thru 5 is key to the success of the team.

I suppose this subject will continue to get beat to death all season - regardless of team success.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Credit Francona : You're right. He deserves all the credit for inheriting a team that won the WS in his first season, he had a lot to do with that. Especially his genius move of trading Nomar, which sparked the team. Point is, I think a chimp would have a winning percentage north of .550 with the talent he's had all these years. Let's be honest, have the Sox had a season that, at the end, you wnet "Wow! They completely surpassed all expectations!" No, this team has always been talented enough to win 90+. The guy, himself said "I'm just going to try to stay out of their way" when he was hired. FRANCONA probably doens't think he deserves much of the credit.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Dragon,

The only chimp here is you. Francona is not the one who makes the trades stupid, it's the front office. If you want to blame someone for trading Nomar, blame Theo. Managers are probably consulted about trades but they don't perform the trade. So much for your understanding of baseball GENIUS. 

Hetchinspete.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Credit Francona : Please give an example of how they treated ST like a vacation?
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

Joe,

I find it amazing that these trolls who think they know so much about baseball accuse Tito of running a vacation camp in Spring Training, state this team has no heart, etc, etc. It's so easy to make accusations without the ability to back it up with any facts.

Hetchinspete

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Credit Francona : I've noticed it seems to be your mission to throw a wet blanket over every positive post or thread.   I hope your life outside of this forum is more upbeat.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Joe,

Do yourself a favor and put a block on REDSOX11 as I've done. It's obvious he hates Francona. If the Sox come back and win the Pennant he'll claim that Tito was in the right place at the right time or some other foolishness. It's clear he knows something about baseball, LITTLE LEAGUE BASEBALL !!

Hetchinspete.

Sections
Shortcuts