Credit Francona

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Re: Credit Francona

He was. Don't care if you can read it or not other can. He is clueless once the games begin, and did not have this team ready for the regular season the last 2 years. Those are the facts sorry you can't see them.

In Response to Re: Credit Francona:
    In Response to Re: Credit Francona : Joe, Do yourself a favor and put a block on REDSOX11 as I've done. It's obvious he hates Francona. If the Sox come back and win the Pennant he'll claim that Tito was in the right place at the right time or some other foolishness. It's clear he knows something about baseball, LITTLE LEAGUE BASEBALL !! Hetchinspete.
    Posted by Hetchinspete

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

this is exactly how mr francona manages too. We do agree on this.

In Response to Re: Credit Francona : Joe, Do yourself a favor and put a block on REDSOX11 as I've done. It's obvious he hates Francona. If the Sox come back and win the Pennant he'll claim that Tito was in the right place at the right time or some other foolishness. It's clear he knows something about baseball, LITTLE LEAGUE BASEBALL !! Hetchinspete.
    Posted by Hetchinspete

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Credit Francona : So what should he have done to get the team ready for the season?  I read that a lot, but no one gives any actual info as to what he should have done differently.
    Posted by jarretfromportsmouth

No, and when someone does, it is most likely to be 20/20 hindsight-aided and/or just plain worng as to when a pitcher should have been taken out or, most called for and almost always completely wrong, 'SMALL BALL'.  I think he has made mistakes in-game during his tenure, as all managers do.  But, the idea that he is clueless is, well, clueless.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

I

n Response to Re: Credit Francona:
    He was. Don't care if you can read it or not other can. He is clueless once the games begin, and did not have this team ready for the regular season the last 2 years. Those are the facts sorry you can't see them. In Response to Re: Credit Francona :
    Posted by REDSOX-11

I like Tito. I've been die-hard for well over 60 yrs. Tito was at the helm for my only 2 championships. I've suffered thru many managers.  Like all fans, I question tactics at times, but who doesn't? Tito would probably agree with   us   sometimes with  our 20-20 hindsight.  He's done some things that have made me eat my words several times, and the outcome has been pure success.   Most notably, I was screaming for him to not play Mark Bellhorn in the 2004 playoffs, as Mark was whiffing at everything thrown his way for a long spell. He  had struggled the entire playoffs against the yankees,  then  in game 6, drove a fair hit into the left field stands. The ball struck a fan  and dropped back onto the field, after which the ball was signaled  to be still in play, prompting Tito to run onto the field and argue the ruling. The officiating crew huddled and ultimately overruled the call. Bellhorn had a three-run home run and the Red Sox had a 4–0 lead.  Decisions such as that get forgotten, and I might not have gotten to attend that memorable parade if not for his baseball genius. 

I think Tito was masterful last year with that deluge of injuries.  I'm curious what RS11 thinks about Tito coming in 4th out of 14 AL mgrs. last year  in the voting  for the Manager of the Year award. 

Sections
Shortcuts