Cricketts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Cricketts?

I guess just about everyone has gone into hibernation when the speculative season is just getting started.

I was thinking about Farrell today, and how he and Francona ruined our Japanese phenom by changing his routine and limiting his pitch count. Frankly, I believe the concern over pitch count has led to the abysmal performance of all the RS pitchers, and here we hire the same guy back to be the manager.

Has Farrell named the pitching coach yet, or is Ben going to make that choice again?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: Cricketts?

The Red Sox pitching staff did quite well when Farrell was pitching coach (2007 to 2010).  

I hope the Red Sox get Rick Peterson as their new pitching coach.  

As for hitting coach, Peter Gammons said that the Red Sox might get Chili Davis (current Oakland A's hitting coach).

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

The Red Sox pitching staff did quite well when Farrell was pitching coach (2007 to 2010).  

As for hitting coach, Peter Gammons said that the Red Sox might get Chili Davis (current Oakland A's hitting coach).

He was inconsistent at best. During his tenure, the SP ERA was:

2007  4.21

2008  4.02

2009  4.63

2010  4.19

As for Chili Davis as HC, no thanks. In his two years with the A's, they finished 12th in hits and Avg in the AL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:

2007  4.21

2008  4.02

2009  4.63

2010  4.19

As for Chili Davis as HC, no thanks. In his two years with the A's, they finished 12th in hits and Avg in the AL.

Did you happen to notice the players they have on that team? Granted they got to the post season, but theres not exactly a gaggle of all stars in Oakland...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I guess just about everyone has gone into hibernation when the speculative season is just getting started.

I was thinking about Farrell today, and how he and Francona ruined our Japanese phenom by changing his routine and limiting his pitch count. Frankly, I believe the concern over pitch count has led to the abysmal performance of all the RS pitchers, and here we hire the same guy back to be the manager.

Has Farrell named the pitching coach yet, or is Ben going to make that choice again?

If Francona and Farrell ruined DiceK, why did he pitch well in 2007 and 2008?  Did the big changes come in 2009?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

If Francona and Farrell ruined DiceK, why did he pitch well in 2007 and 2008?  Did the big changes come in 2009?

More crickets...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i dont know if dice k was ruined by pitch counts/coaching, but i dont think he was helped and that made him less confident....but he gets a big X for not learning the language and communicating his concerns....he seemed very isolated to me, socially and professionally,,,,but who really knows what went on with him....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

i dont know if dice k was ruined by pitch counts/coaching, but i dont think he was helped and that made him less confident....but he gets a big X for not learning the language and communicating his concerns....he seemed very isolated to me, socially and professionally,,,,but who really knows what went on with him....

Not to sound like a racist, but these players from foreign countries should learn the American language and culture.  

Ichiro still has an interpreter?!?  He's been in America since 2001.  Watch "Family Guy" or "Two and a Half Men" if you have to.  

It took me around two years to become fluent in English which helped me adjust to life in America.  

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:

point taken ice cream

but odds favor they know quite a bit of english

but lack the confidence to go on tv without their crutch / interpreter

kudos 2U

I never once thought english was your 2nd language

heck more people here probably think it's my 2nd language not yours ;-)

Thank you for your kind words pinstripezac.   :)

Good luck to your Yankees during this offseason.  They have a lot of important decisions to make. 

I want to see another intense Red Sox vs. Yankees showdown in the ALCS.  Hopefully we will see it again in 2013.   :) 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I love this revisionist history....  Laughable!!!  Only those who don't watch or follow the Sox would ever discuss this fantasy.

Dice-K ruined by the LACK OF pitch count???

Dice-K was IN FACT, WITHOUT A DOUBT, VERIFIABLY ruined by what HE DID in the WBC (World Baseball Classic).  HIS pitch count was through the roof, & HE BLEW OUT HIS ARM!  The fact is, he refused to follow the team strengthening program, then went out & blew his arm out for HIS COUNTRY, not the Red Sox.

Worse yet.....  He came back that next season & tried to pretend that the injury happened in ST.  NO HONOR!  This was dispicable!  He proceeded to pull this training program crap for the next year+, knowing he had blown his own arm out in the WBC. 

The IRONY with the OP is that it was not LOW pitch count that blew Dice-K's arm out, it was HIGH pitch count.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

2007  4.21

2008  4.02

2009  4.63

2010  4.19

Did you happen to notice the players they have on that team? Granted they got to the post season, but theres not exactly a gaggle of all stars in Oakland...

Not a gaggle of all stars here anymore either. Those days are gone.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

2007  4.21

2008  4.02

2009  4.63

2010  4.19

Not a gaggle of all stars here anymore either. Those days are gone.

No, but with names like pedroia, Ells, and good future possibilities in Middlebrooks we have much better chance of sending a couple in 2013. Now the A's pitching staff is another story, but were talking position players here...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

I love this revisionist history....  Laughable!!!  Only those who don't watch or follow the Sox would ever discuss this fantasy.

Dice-K ruined by the LACK OF pitch count???

Dice-K was IN FACT, WITHOUT A DOUBT, VERIFIABLY ruined by what HE DID in the WBC (World Baseball Classic).  HIS pitch count was through the roof, & HE BLEW OUT HIS ARM!  The fact is, he refused to follow the team strengthening program, then went out & blew his arm out for HIS COUNTRY, not the Red Sox.

Worse yet.....  He came back that next season & tried to pretend that the injury happened in ST.  NO HONOR!  This was dispicable!  He proceeded to pull this training program crap for the next year+, knowing he had blown his own arm out in the WBC. 

The IRONY with the OP is that it was not LOW pitch count that blew Dice-K's arm out, it was HIGH pitch count.

Excellent point.  After his strong 2007 and 2008 seasons, DiceK was MVP of the 2009 WBC.  The Red Sox were unhappy about how hard he was worked by the Japanese team.

DiceK pitched only 59 innings in 2009 and was never same after that.  It's very possible that the 2009 WBC ruined his arm.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Not to sound like a racist, but these players from foreign countries should learn the American language and culture.  

Ichiro still has an interpreter?!?  He's been in America since 2001.  Watch "Family Guy" or "Two and a Half Men" if you have to.  

It took me around two years to become fluent in English which helped me adjust to life in America.  

Do you happen to know how many Latino players can't speak english? I gaurantee there are quite a few, but because there are enough who do, they go unnoticed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Do you happen to know how many Latino players can't speak english? I gaurantee there are quite a few, but because there are enough who do, they go unnoticed.

I was referring to all players who do not make an effort to learn the language and culture.

Below is the perfect example of a player who tried his best to learn the language and culture.    lol  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GIEHPGj9sI

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

but he gets a big X for not learning the language and communicating his concerns....

If foreign players were required to negotiate their own contracts in ENGLISH you can darn well be assured they would learn the language in a New York second.  I rest my case.

Sections
Shortcuts