Cross McCarthy off your list...Signed with Dbacks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mvpyouk20. Show mvpyouk20's posts

Cross McCarthy off your list...Signed with Dbacks

Brandon McCarthy signed with the Dbacks today for two years. I am skeptical of what is elft out there in free agencey at the starting pitcher role. Assuming Ben doesn't sign Sanchez, what is left? Dempster, Lohse, Jackson? Pure garbage. Only one worth signing now is Marcum. Sanchez I like but it would seem Ben doesn't care for him. I am going to hold out and hope there is a trade coming for a pitcher. You would have to think that now-right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Cross McCarthy off your list...Signed with Dbacks

In response to mvpyouk20's comment:

Brandon McCarthy signed with the Dbacks today for two years. I am skeptical of what is elft out there in free agencey at the starting pitcher role. Assuming Ben doesn't sign Sanchez, what is left? Dempster, Lohse, Jackson? Pure garbage. Only one worth signing now is Marcum. Sanchez I like but it would seem Ben doesn't care for him. I am going to hold out and hope there is a trade coming for a pitcher. You would have to think that now-right?

i like loshe and think he is our guy

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CougarLover16. Show CougarLover16's posts

I sure BC likes Sanchez just not at what he's asking for.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

Man, that's terrible that the Sox missed out on that. He signed for 2/15.5! That was affordable!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Sox should have definately tried to get McCarthy.  I really hope we dont go after another aging pitcher with little left in the arm.  Anibal is another one I would like to see back along with a top of the line starter.  I can see it now "like every season" some people will think we have this great depth if we only sign one decent SP, along with another Cook, Penny, Glavine type.

We should know better by now!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I wanted to offer $23M/3

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I wanted to offer $23M/3

He probably would have fit nicely in our rotation moon. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

The d-backs got a steal in terms of years and money, especially in this market. Makes me wonder if cherry was even in on him, especially at that price.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I do not understand why Boston did not make a more aggressive effort to sign McCarthy.  If I was Cherington, I would have offered as much as 3 years, $25 million. 

Also, Arizona and Oakland trade and sign each others players so often.  Do these two teams have a free-trade agreement?  LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mvpyouk20. Show mvpyouk20's posts

For what Ben paided Victornio, he could of gotten McCarthy with an aggressive offer. Imo he has no choice then to give Sanchez what he is asking.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

For what Ben paided Victornio, he could of gotten McCarthy with an aggressive offer. Imo he has no choice then to give Sanchez what he is asking.

I agree with you mvpyouk20.  Boston needs good starting pitching.  I'm pretty sure Cherington has McCarthy and his agent's number. 

The McCarthy signing by Arizona was their black Friday shopping. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

The d-backs got a steal in terms of years and money, especially in this market. Makes me wonder if cherry was even in on him, especially at that price.

Clueless Ben? Are you serious? He has his eye on a 35 y/o NL guy named Ryan Dumpster.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickEO. Show RickEO's posts

No Dempster

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

LOSHE

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Clueless Ben? Are you serious? He has his eye on a 35 y/o NL guy named Ryan Dumpster.

I agree Dempster is garbage and belongs in the dumpster.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Anyone else see a pattern here? Position players want to play at Fenway and pitchers don't. There's a shocker for ya.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Anyone else see a pattern here? Position players want to play at Fenway and pitchers don't. There's a shocker for ya.

The Sox weren't interested in McCarthy as they were leery of the fact that he has an injury history and he hasn't pitched since he was hit in the face with a line drive.  Anyone remember Matt Clement?  They are looking for a guy who has a better chance of giving them 200 innings, which is what they need in the middle of that rotation right now. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

The Sox weren't interested in McCarthy as they were leery of the fact that he has an injury history and he hasn't pitched since he was hit in the face with a line drive.  Anyone remember Matt Clement?  They are looking for a guy who has a better chance of giving them 200 innings, which is what they need in the middle of that rotation right now. 

exactly, we need a sure thing. not someone who MAY come in and pitch well. this is why we need Loshe, dude can pitch and is reliable. he pitched 188 and 211 innings in the last 2 years and WHIPs of 1.17 and 1.09 respectively. he is our guy

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

many of us have been talking about the "what-ifs" that need to all go right for our pitching staff to be sucessful. if we bring in another guy coming off of injury or has a lot of question marks then its just another "what-if" we need to go right to have a chance in 2013. now once we get a dependable pitcher then its OK it go out and try to get a low risk/high reward guy and hope he can turn it around.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to jasko2248's comment:

exactly, we need a sure thing. not someone who MAY come in and pitch well. this is why we need Loshe, dude can pitch and is reliable. he pitched 188 and 211 innings in the last 2 years and WHIPs of 1.17 and 1.09 respectively. he is our guy

i would take him.....after grienke...which is NOT going to happen

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

OPTIONS FOR SOX:

A: Lohse ONLY at <three years

B: Trade Salty for Gavin Floyd

C: Marcum or Jackson

D: Dempster for two or less years

E: Trade for Masterson = my pick

Options are very bleak this year. We should try AS HECK to trade for Masterson.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mvpyouk20. Show mvpyouk20's posts

In response to bgomez's comment:

OPTIONS FOR SOX:

if boston signs lohse they have to part with thier second rd pick. no way thst hapens. lohse wad garbage when he played for the twins. there is also no qay he gets a 3 yr deal from ben. i rather have floyd then that guy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mvpyouk20. Show mvpyouk20's posts

In response to bgomez's comment:

OPTIONS FOR SOX:

no offense bu masterson is a worse ideal then dempster. i would pass on him and go with morales over masterson.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts