Cruz has been steal for O's so far

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Cruz has been steal for O's so far

The Sox could have had Nelson Cruz cheap and so far he is one of the reasons the Orioles lineup is that much more potent this season even with the early injuries to key players.  Solid Splits 10HR's, 285BA, 350 OBP and a .911 OPS?  I don't believe for a minute the Orioles don't have enough pitching to stay near or on top all season.

Would have looked a lot better than Gomes or Nava in LF and probably would have played adequate defense.  Our team has really taken a hit offensively and defensively in LF and with JBJ, Middy and now Bogy all struggling. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Cruz has been steal for O's so far

Yes, Cruz is a good example of unpredictable performance.  Nobody saw this coming, and that's why he only got 8 million.  A very successful gamble by the O's so far.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Come on.  I don't want to be the yankees and be just fine with having guys who are bona fide cheaters on my team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

True, but with his ped history you didn't know for sure what you were getting. Had the Sox signed him, half the forum would have been in a uproar. And honestly, he didn't sit well with me because of it either. Even as good as he's been, I'm not totally sure I'd want him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

True, but with his ped history you didn't know for sure what you were getting. Had the Sox signed him, half the forum would have been in a uproar. And honestly, he didn't sit well with me because of it either. Even as good as he's been, I'm not totally sure I'd want him.

One of my favorite players has always been Ryan Braun and will continue to be.  I'm not backing PED'S just not a big believer that every player who has taken them doesn't have the natural born talent without them.  Long term cheaters like ARod and Bonds who can't even man up to taking them and suffer a rapid decline after being caught probably got the ultimate boost at the time.   Those who use, get suspended and return to having solid seasons probably never needed them in the first place.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

One of my favorite players has always been Ryan Braun and will continue to be.  I'm not backing PED'S just not a big believer that every player who has taken them doesn't have the natural born talent without them.  Long term cheaters like ARod and Bonds who can't even man up to taking them and suffer sudden a decline after being caught probably got the ultimate boost at the time.   Those who use, get suspended and return to having solid seasons probably never needed them in the first place.

AROD did admit to cheating.  And again, let the yankees take all the scum bags - always did (Steve Howe) always will (AROD, Cervelli).......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Doesn't this fall under the category of I wish I had bought Apple, Google, etc.?  I think I can pretty much bet that the average fan wishes we always signed the FAs that turned out the best.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Don't get me wrong we had an amazing year last season because of depth and a lot of overachieving.  I also think having three WC's this decade has been a much more difficult task than in years past when there was little balance across the league, or teams willing to spend money on top FA's. 

However, this seasons team as it sits "lets not sugar coat" is what it is unless a few players turn things around, our kids begin to produce quicker than expected and we somehow crawl out of the bottom of the pack in overall defense.  The O'S had a weakness and addressed it as did the Yanks and Rangers by signing the best OBP leadoff guy in baseball.  We probably had the least productive off season in our division and took at least two steps backwards.  We also slapped our top PS pitcher in the face with a very embarrassing 70mil offer.  Our FO better tread very carefully or we may also begin to lose any kind of reliable pitching depth.  Nobody is ready to replace Ells, Drew or Lester anytime soon while Middy hasn't come close to the loss of Youk's overall ability.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Theo's signing of Carl Crawford will go down as the worst free agent signing in baseball history. The CUBS still believe Theo's going to turn them around.  I think they're gonna be disappointed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

Theo's signing of Carl Crawford will go down as the worst free agent signing in baseball history. The CUBS still believe Theo's going to turn them around.  I think they're gonna be disappointed.

The Cubs have about as much shot at Theo turning them around as Middy does becoming a solid middle of the order bat.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

The Cubs have about as much shot at Theo turning them around as Middy does becoming a solid middle of the order bat.

We're on the same page.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

We're on the same page.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Both on the same page, but both in the wrong book.  The Cubs have accumulated a huge amount of young talent.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

We're on the same page.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Both on the same page, but both in the wrong book.  The Cubs have accumulated a huge amount of young talent.

LOL Joe,

We have yet to see much benefit from doing the same.  A lot of great young arms and still none ready to impact the rotation.  Middy has done nothing since his rookie season and Doub not much more.  JBJ is still a question mark while Bogy is playing out of position and struggling offensively at the moment.  Good thing we had a lot more established talent other than this or we would be very similar to the Cubs at this point.  No offense but I think being on the same page regarding Middy and the Cubs is just as realistic as your comment.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

I hope Theo gets fired.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

I hope Theo gets fired.

I just hope everyone finally realizes the "boy genius" was dealt a very strong hand when he arrived in Boston which led to most of his success.  Outside of a few good moves he almost buried us for years.  Ben was here first and probably was more experienced to begin with.  He has bailed us out quite nicely now it's up to all these young prospects to make him look even better, or get traded for those who will. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

LOL Joe,

We have yet to see much benefit from doing the same. A lot of great young arms and still none ready to impact the rotation. Middy has done nothing since his rookie season and Doub not much more. JBJ is still a question mark while Bogy is playing out of position and struggling offensively at the moment. Good thing we had a lot more established talent other than this or we would be very similar to the Cubs at this point. No offense but I think being on the same page regarding Middy and the Cubs is just as realistic as your comment.

We have yet to benefit from doing the same?

I assume we are talking about the Red Sox?

Pedey, Ellsbury, Iggy, Lester, Doubront, Buchholz, Youkilis, Papelbon, and then the vets acquired for Hanley, Iggy, etc.

We didn't benefit from those guys?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I just hope everyone finally realizes the "boy genius" was dealt a very strong hand when he arrived in Boston which led to most of his success.

He had a good team, but most of the WAR on the 2004 team was on players acquired by Theo.  On offense, Manny and Tek were Duquettes (8.1) but most of the rest, Papi, Bellhorn, Mueller, Damon were Theos.  On the pitching side, Pedro and Wake were Duquettes, but Schilling, Foulke, Timlin, Arroyo, Were Theos.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

One of my favorite players has always been Ryan Braun and will continue to be.  I'm not backing PED'S just not a big believer that every player who has taken them doesn't have the natural born talent without them.  Long term cheaters like ARod and Bonds who can't even man up to taking them and suffer a rapid decline after being caught probably got the ultimate boost at the time.   Those who use, get suspended and return to having solid seasons probably never needed them in the first place.

the part that will always get me is neither of them needed it....especially Bonds..his talent was clear to most everyone...imo the kind of PED he needed to be taking was one that changed his attitude...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

Come on.  I don't want to be the yankees and be just fine with having guys who are bona fide cheaters on my team.

i agree with andrew 1OO BILLION PERCENT on this one.  no way i want cruz on our team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

The Sox could have had Nelson Cruz cheap and so far he is one of the reasons the Orioles lineup is that much more potent this season even with the early injuries to key players.  Solid Splits 10HR's, 285BA, 350 OBP and a .911 OPS?  I don't believe for a minute the Orioles don't have enough pitching to stay near or on top all season.

Would have looked a lot better than Gomes or Nava in LF and probably would have played adequate defense.  Our team has really taken a hit offensively and defensively in LF and with JBJ, Middy and now Bogy all struggling. 

Every other team passed on him including the Mets who give Chris Young twice as much. If he gets caught again he gone for a year. It is a huge tisk.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

The sox could have had CHOO for center and what a move that would have been. Lead off batter ,great fielder, some power , hits for ave..... No we get good fielding rookie JBJ.... no power no ave (200) stuck batting last to hide his bat. When Sox lost ELLS , The missed out on another piece of the puzzle for this year  (Choo ). You take Gomes , Carp, Sizemore, JBJ, these guy are all ave at best.Three bench players and can't miss rookie who may never hit. You can say we won last year with them ... Big deal !!!! If you hit the lottery last year do you feel good about hitting it again this year?  If SOX are so high on JBJ... Choo could have played left .O's got CRUZ and Sox just went snooze..... on Choo.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

If he was never suspended, Texas would easily resign him a long term contract.  Also if he wasnt suspended at the same time Texas refuse to give him a long term contract just like the Red Sox refuse to give Ellsbury a big long fat contract, he would easily find another team that would give him a long term contract.  Boston would probably likely to go after him if they meet their demand  But with an already reputation as a PED user, Red Sox among others stayed away from him.  Of course, they do not want too much distraction in the city of Boston.

Oh well, that is MLB life in nowadays!

Sections
Shortcuts