Cubs get Dan Haren for Carlos Marmol

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

Cubs get Dan Haren for Carlos Marmol

The Cubs have aquired Dan Haren for Carlos Marmol.  The Sox were in on Haren, but this may be a case where they'd rather not trade him to a team who they may be competing for a playoff spot against. 

Terrific move by Cubs.  They don't give up much and if Haren is pitching well at the deadline next year, he could bring them some more prospects to rebuild with, 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Re: Cubs get Dan Haren for Carlos Marmol

Well, Marmol is their closer, so it's not like they're giving up nothing.  It's like giving up Bailey for Haren.  There are other options on the market right now, no need to give up our closer for Haren.  I like Haren, and wouldn't have an issue with that deal, but I'll give BC the entire offseason before judging.  Hopefully we can get a similar player without giving up our closer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to titletownfan's comment:

Well, Marmol is their closer, so it's not like they're giving up nothing.  It's like giving up Bailey for Haren.  There are other options on the market right now, no need to give up our closer for Haren.  I like Haren, and wouldn't have an issue with that deal, but I'll give BC the entire offseason before judging.  Hopefully we can get a similar player without giving up our closer.

Didn't say they were giving up "nothing," and as the old saying goes, "every team has a closer, it's up to the coaching staffs to identify them."  Besides, the Cubs are in rebuild mode, a closer isn't exactly their top priority right now. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

Didn't say they were giving up "nothing," and as the old saying goes, "every team has a closer, it's up to the coaching staffs to identify them."  Besides, the Cubs are in rebuild mode, a closer isn't exactly their top priority right now. 

Yeah well the same is true of the Sox and they got nothing......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

The Sox aren't in "rebuild" mode.  They are in "regroup" mode.  Big difference...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

I'm hearing that the trade is not done, and that the Angels are still talking with other teams, probably including the Sox. The MLB may not approve the trade due to the money being exchanged.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

9:20pm: The trade will not happen, a Cubs source tells Carrie Muskat of MLB.com (via Twitter).

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#vCqsjVdJFa1iZc4e.99

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to bgomez's comment:

I'm hearing that the trade is not done, and that the Angels are still talking with other teams, probably including the Sox. The MLB may not approve the trade due to the money being exchanged.

I do not know if this site is legit  But it says that the trade is not yet official. 

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#hT2xbFwpqEVDPgmf.99

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

I do not know if this site is legit  But it says that the trade is not yet official. 

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#hT2xbFwpqEVDPgmf.99

Marmol may have not waived his no trade... rumor is the trade isn't happening...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:

yeah it was a nice move for the cubs

I got to admit I'm a tad surprised how fast/early it happened

the real fun starts tomorrow when teams can sign FA

THEO.............

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

i would love if the red sox swooped in and make this deal...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

i would love if the red sox swooped in and make this deal...

Exactly!!!   :)

It's time for the Red Sox to make some noise!!!  Three years of no playoff appearance.......my patience is running very thin.  LOL 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Dan Haren - S - Angels

According to sources, Carlos Mamol agreed to waive his no-trade clause to go to the Angels in a potential Dan Haren deal, but the Cubs pulled the deal off the table.

No word yet on the exact reasons that the deal fell through, but it likely has to do with them failing to come to an agreement over how much salary would be included in the deal. The Angels will continue to talk to other teams, attempting to move Haren before the midnight deadline to decide on his $15.5 million team option for

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

DKnoblerVerified @DKnobler4m

Haren for Marmol trade is indeed off. Doesn't appear that Haren will end up with Red Sox, either.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Angels probably asking for too much.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Cherington: "Jerry Dipoto!!!  How are you?  This is Ben Cherington of the Boston Red Sox."        "%&$# the Cubs.  Let's make a deal."  "BTW, sorry for eliminating your team in the 1986, 2004, 2007 and 2008 playoffs." 

Come on Cherington, it's only 7:45pm in LA.  Give Dipoto a call.    LOL 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

DKnoblerVerified ‏@DKnobler4m

Haren for Marmol trade is indeed off. Doesn't appear that Haren will end up with Red Sox, either.

Well, ya never know. The AGon trade fell through at first, and then it went through.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Cherington: "Jerry Dipoto!!!  How are you?  This is Ben Cherington of the Boston Red Sox."        "%&$# the Cubs.  Let's make a deal."  "BTW, sorry for eliminating your team in the 1986, 2004, 2007 and 2008 playoffs." 

Come on Cherington, it's only 7:45pm in LA.  Give Dipoto a call.    LOL 

i think it's almost 11pm cst....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Well, ya never know. The AGon trade fell through at first, and then it went through.

i hope....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

i hope....

Well hey, if we don't get Haren we could always get a guy like Anibal Sanchez or Edwin Jackson.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Typical ineptitude by our bumbling GM.  Why weren't we interested in  trying to get Haren?  Or starting pitching isn't worth a warm pitcher of spit right now and to depend on Lester and Buchholz to carry the Nos. 1 and 2 load is a study in futility.  Just where the he#l is our pitching reinforcements going to come from.  We could have made a move for either Santana or Haren because both of them are now better than the two pieces of trash t hat pass for our top two. 

A lot of you keep saying wait until ST before judging Cherington but I know that for many of you it is all a crock.  Even when he totally proves his worthlessness many of you will still back him either because you're blind to reality or are a true believing pollyanna.  The guy stinks and I go on record as saying it.  Our team will never get out of the gutter until we get rid of this bum and get a general manager who knows baseball, talent and what it takes to build a winner..  Sorry all you Cherington fans, this guy is not it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to seabeachfred's comment:

Typical ineptitude by our bumbling GM.  Why weren't we interested in  trying to get Haren?  Or starting pitching isn't worth a warm pitcher of spit right now and to depend on Lester and Buchholz to carry the Nos. 1 and 2 load is a study in futility.  Just where the he#l is our pitching reinforcements going to come from.  We could have made a move for either Santana or Haren because both of them are now better than the two pieces of trash t hat pass for our top two. 

A lot of you keep saying wait until ST before judging Cherington but I know that for many of you it is all a crock.  Even when he totally proves his worthlessness many of you will still back him either because you're blind to reality or are a true believing pollyanna.  The guy stinks and I go on record as saying it.  Our team will never get out of the gutter until we get rid of this bum and get a general manager who knows baseball, talent and what it takes to build a winner..  Sorry all you Cherington fans, this guy is not it.

Do you even know what Anaheim was asking for in the deal?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to notin's comment:

In response to seabeachfred's comment:

Do you even know what Anaheim was asking for in the deal?

judging by his posts, if Ben got Haren for a used rosin bag and a game worn Jack Brohammer jersey, ol' Fred would still say he got fleeced

Sections
Shortcuts