Cubs to bid High on Jason Varitek FA 2012

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Cubs to bid High on Jason Varitek FA 2012

Will you be joining him?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

Complete drivel. Jason Varitek will be joining Wastefield on an as of yet unnamed potato salad venture, soon after both are DFA later in the year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

What is the point of this thread?  The Salty Tek combo has been more than satisfactory.  We have a couple of days off.  Why the need to bring this up?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

In Response to Re: Cubs to bid High on Jason Varitek FA 2012:
    [QUOTE]What is the point of this thread?  The Salty Tek combo has been more than satisfactory.  We have a couple of days off.  Why the need to bring this up?
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]
    When you have a creative thread idea, then you can create a thread and wait for people to walk in and call it useless.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cubs to bid High on Jason Varitek FA 2012 : When you have a creative thread idea, then you can create a thread and wait for people to walk in and call it useless.
    Posted by bettersoftthanlaw[/QUOTE]

Your post hints that this thread is creative.  You pat yourself on the back yet you you just spout the same stuff day after day.  You post this like someone asked you about Tek.  Meanwhile, no one did.  You are a bore.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Complete drivel. Jason Varitek will be joining Wastefield on an as of yet unnamed potato salad venture, soon after both are DFA later in the year.
    Cute how you talk to yourself.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Pathetic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I'd like to disagree with the the tread bearer. Absolutely no other team will submit an bid whatsoever for Tek's services.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]I'd like to disagree with the the tread bearer. Absolutely no other team will submit an bid whatsoever for Tek's services.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Which has absolutely no bearing on whether he is helping the Sox this season. I still fail to grasp the point of Tek bashing today.  he is the backup catcher and has performed well in that role. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I am just positioning myself for the off-season when certain posters will insist we bring him back again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]I am just positioning myself for the off-season when certain posters will insist we bring him back again.

I think Lavarnway MIGHT get a shot..I wouldnt be upset if tek was back though..hes done a fine job in the BU and mentoring role.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I don't know man. I can tell you this that every year you bring Wake and Tek back it increases the likelihood you will have to DFA one or both of them in the middle of a season. Then the bad feelings will occur and histories tarnished.

A lot of players retire who could still go out one more year and hit 15 homers or win 10 games. 

At some point (and both have performed well enough this season) and as early as 2012 one or both will be out of ball. Let us hope its because they retired and not because they had to be kicked out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Ah here is a good question, if the Mets offered Beltran for Drew and Tek (insisting on the pair) would you take it?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The Red Sox are 26-12 in Varitek's starts this year (18-9 last year).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Ah here is a good question, if the Mets offered Beltran for Drew and Tek (insisting on the pair) would you take it?

That is a good question...I think a fair trade would be drew/beltran straight up, so I wouldnt do it anyway just for that no matter if it was Tek or not..Also right now to trade your captain at the deadline is probably a locker room and pr nightmare..Which ultimately would be a bad thing for the team..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cubs to bid High on Jason Varitek FA 2012 : That is a good question...I think a fair trade would be drew/beltran straight up, so I wouldnt do it anyway just for that no matter if it was Tek or not..Also right now to trade your captain at the deadline is probably a locker room and pr nightmare..Which ultimately would be a bad thing for the team..
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

Really?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

[QUOTE]Complete drivel. Jason Varitek will be joining Wastefield on an as of yet unnamed potato salad venture, soon after both are DFA later in the year.

Whoa, you can't even agree with yourself. That's a new low, Softy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

billbyboy AKA Softlaw says that 'bettersoftthanlaw' is someone posing as him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

you know I created an alter-ego once....when I was 11 moved to a new town and didn't have any friends for a week. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]The Red Sox are 26-12 in Varitek's starts this year (18-9 last year).
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

A big part of that record (at least for 2011) is that when he plays we have another bat in the lineup with an OPS over .900 since May 1st.

April: .339 (41 PA's)
    May: .933 (50 PA's)
    June: .937 (43 PA's)
    July:  .946 (16 PA's)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Do you work for Scott Boras?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Cubs to bid High on Jason Varitek FA 2012:
    [QUOTE]They need to lower CERA, so they are resigned to the fact that only Varitek can lower CERA. MLBTR expects the Cubs to offer Varitek a 3 year deal worth 20M per year.
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

If it's not of my businees that's cool but whats up with your hate for Jason and Jacoby.  Are you a Sox fan billyboy?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

good for jason he earnd it

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

hey wait; there's only one GM that would be stupid enough to offer V-TEK 60 million dollars if he was a free agent. repeat after me--THEO

Sections
Shortcuts