Curious Call

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Curious Call

Can anyone explain to me why you would bat Lowrie in the clean-up spot? It can't be because he's hitting well of late because that isn't the case. He seemed like a rally killer in the 4th slot---2 strike outs and hit into a double play and 0-4 for the night. I can think of almost anyone of the starters that I'd put in the 4 slot before I'd put Lowrie there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Re: Curious Call

David Ortiz was removed from Tuesday's lineup due to back spasms.
    Ortiz was in the lineup before being removed prior to his first at-bat in the bottom of the first inning. It's obviously poor timing for the slumping Red Sox as they try to hold off the Rays for the wild card. The Red Sox haven't provided further details on his status, but he's likely day-to-day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

It's just the Francona style, really.  Sometimes he does things like this to show faith in his players, to give them an opportunity to step up.     

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Look at the box score.  The lineup was with the umps when Ortiz's back went out, so he had to be pinch-hit for.  Me, I would have pinch hit with Lavarnway, but Lowrie got the slot because of the righty starter I guess.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

The change was made just minutes before the game started due to the Ortiz injury.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I don't like the fact their calling back spasms an "injury". I would normally look at that as a temporary situation. I hope it's just back spasms.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Today, they call a colonoscopy "surgery".
    Labels mean little.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

David Ortiz appears in the box score.

Does Ortiz get credit for a game played because apparently he was not replaced until Jed Lowrie pinch-hit in the bottom of the first inning?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

David did sit on the bench through the first 3 outs.  He gets credit for starting the game.   Spasms are spasms.  Hope he plays today.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from athens7676. Show athens7676's posts

Trust me....when you get a colonoscopy........ it feels like surgery :0(

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In Response to Re: Curious Call:
    [QUOTE]David Ortiz was removed from Tuesday's lineup due to back spasms. Ortiz was in the lineup before being removed prior to his first at-bat in the bottom of the first inning. It's obviously poor timing for the slumping Red Sox as they try to hold off the Rays for the wild card. The Red Sox haven't provided further details on his status, but he's likely day-to-day.
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]
     You can certainly replace Ortiz with Lowrie as DH but that doesn't mean you have to bat him clean -up.

Didn't know that the lineup was already handed in with Ortiz listed as clean-up. Thanks.

Sections
Shortcuts