Current run???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Current run???

Why do I feel more excited now than I did when they won 10 in a row????

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Re: Current run???

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why do I feel more excited now than I did when they won 10 in a row????

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

[/QUOTE]

They won 7 in a row. They lost 10 in a row. But,yes, they are playing much better baseball right now than they have all year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Well for one thing, Bradley is batting .375 in July to go along with his stellar defense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well for one thing, Bradley is batting .375 in July to go along with his stellar defense.

[/QUOTE]

I could picture JBJ as being a Paul Blair type CF for the SOX for a long time. That would be a good thing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Baltimore is losing 10-2 and Seattle blew their game in the 9th.  We should be 7.5 back in the division and 6 back in the Wild Card.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

I will get excited if they keep winning next week.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Winning steaks are always fun, but the current run could hurt in the long term because the Sox might be less likely to be sellers as the trade deadline approaches

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Winnng steaks are always fun, but the current run could hurt in the long term because the Sox might be less likely to be sellers as the trade deadline approaches

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement] Hill , How did you like the Albert Pujols arrow today ?  Did it hurt ? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Yeah, Sox beat up the Astros and Royals, but they were losing to every team before then.  Their batting, especially JBJ and Nava, have played better.  Holt has been playing way over his head, and is bound to come down to earth, Pedey and Papi are still scuffing, virtually no production from SS.

Their performance in the next couple of months against division rivals will be their last chance for this season to make it to PO.  If they could get within 3-5 games of the division lead or 2-3 games of WC, then they are on the right track.  If not, time to reconstruct for the future.

I hope they will close in on the PO spot by August and keep it interesting for us fans.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Winnng steaks are always fun, but the current run could hurt in the long term because the Sox might be less likely to be sellers as the trade deadline approaches]

Hill , How did you like the Albert Pujols arrow today ?  Did it hurt ? 

The Pujols arrow today was entirely appropriate.

I hope Fernando Rodney exercises better judgment next time. ;-)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

Winnng steaks are always fun, but the current run could hurt in the long term because the Sox might be less likely to be sellers as the trade deadline approaches]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement].   Very good.  Archery is a fine sport, but sometimes you live by the bow and you die by the bow. All kidding aside,  it really was a great three game series between two outstanding teams. Great baseball. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to blingblang's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, Sox beat up the Astros and Royals, but they were losing to every team before then.  Their batting, especially JBJ and Nava, have played better.  Holt has been playing way over his head, and is bound to come down to earth, Pedey and Papi are still scuffing, virtually no production from SS.

Their performance in the next couple of months against division rivals will be their last chance for this season to make it to PO.  If they could get within 3-5 games of the division lead or 2-3 games of WC, then they are on the right track.  If not, time to reconstruct for the future.

I hope they will close in on the PO spot by August and keep it interesting for us fans.

[/QUOTE]

I once thought Holt was going to come back to earth. Now I'm not so sure, he may just be a really talented hitter.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to blingblang's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I once thought Holt was going to come back to earth. Now I'm not so sure, he may just be a really talented hitter.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Join the club.  I figured it was just a matter of time.  I'd have been happy if he turned into a high-quality utility IF, with maybe a couple of OF reps.  But like you said, he's maintained this for a while now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Count me as part of the Excited group. I think the team is turning a corner, guys who were struggling are playing well--Nava, Gomes at the plate. Drew making highlight reel plays, and Bradley has been a joy to watch. Holt been a team MVP as a hitter and the pitchers are doing their best.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

The slow climb back into this thing has begun....now, we still have a long way to go but i feel confident about getting there. Seems the curse of Pierzynski has been exercised.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Royals were 2 games over .500 entering this weekend. Sox were 9 games under .500. What is this Royals were a weak team. I bet they thought they were coming into a cakewalk. Like I said, last year Royals swept us 3 games in Fenway. Also before series Royals were 26-21 on the road. Didn't look like pushovers to me.

Good series against a better team people give credit for.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Royals were 2 games over .500 entering this weekend. Sox were 9 games under .500. What is this Royals were a weak team. I bet they thought they were coming into a cakewalk. Like I said, last year Royals swept us 3 games in Fenway.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]   The Royals had a nice little run that put them into contention in the A.L. Central. They have come crashing back to earth.  When you look at the rosters, we have a much better team. Kansas City is a perennial small market, small time Charlie franchise. I fully expected us to win at least two out of three. A sweep is not at all surprising.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

How did they sweep us last year, in Fenway? They had a winning record last year, with about same team, and they were going for Play-off spot, up into last week of season.

Like I said  a team that had a 26-21 record on road, before series is not that bad. Certainly no Astros.

Sox had team today where 6 guys were hitting under .250, Royals 2.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How did they sweep us last year, in Fenway? They had a winning record last year, with about same team, and they were going for Play-off spot, up into last week of season.

Like I said  a team that had a 26-21 record on road, before series is not that bad. Certainly no Astros.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]   They are better than the Astros.  They are not a terrible team. We have a better team. K.C. is a team that we should beat. Last year's sweep is long forgotten. The smart money in Vegas had the Sox favored in every game this weekend. And for a very good reason.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Like I said Sox had 6 guys under .250 BA in line-up, Royals  2.

Before this series Royals were 11-7 against AL East.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

Winning steaks are always fun, but the current run could hurt in the long term because the Sox might be less likely to be sellers as the trade deadline approaches

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's awful when teams decide not to throw up the white flag because they are winning...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Next 13 games are against AL East rivals...we should know very soon whether this surge is for real.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's awful when teams decide not to throw up the white flag because they are winning...

[/QUOTE]

Damn it, I just bought a "Sox Garage Sale" T-Shirt with Wally the Monster hawking jerseys. Oh well, goes back into the "It's Gagne Time!" t-shirt box.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Like I said it before...Boston have a very deep starting rotation, and they can carry them to the post season.

Yankees, Blue Jays, Tampa and Orioles have many issues with their pitching staffs due to injuries, no bullpen, etc, and there is no way that they can go on a hot roll like Boston is doing it now.  I do not think Boston will ever go on a long losing streak again like they did it in May and June cuz they have pitching to help them to finish the season with a winning second half record.

Only issue that may happen to Boston is injuries!!  Everyone need to stay healthy including Victorino and Middy.

Should Ben C make a change with the roster while they are on a winning streak?  The only move he can do is to trade Carp due Ben need a roster spot for Middy once he come off of DL.  Middy will not be trade by the trade deadline cuz he have no value after missing too many games this year.  

Right now leave the team alone!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We both know he won't. He did this in Tampa last year and he was mocked on the mound by Andrew Bailey.