Curt is not being helpful

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from srtide1. Show srtide1's posts

Curt is not being helpful

Curt Schilling was a great pitcher. He had courage, talent, the will to win and an indomitable spirit. That was then. I loved him then.
    Curt doesn't like Bobby V. He didn't and he doesn't now. Whatever I think, Curt has the right to his Freedom of speech and that right gives him authority to voice his opinions of public people. Bobby V. is Public so Curt can talk.
    But, when Curt starts having private conversations with Players in which he criticizes or encourages criticism and making negative statements about the current staff's emphasis on fundamentals etc. He is then crossing into the realm of meddling. As a knowledgeable fan, I have long believed that a great failing of the Sox was the lack of emphasis on fundamentals. You know, bunting, holding base runners, hit and run, throwing to the cut-off man--you know, fundamentals.
    Curt can say what he pleases but I don't think he should be meddling even if all he wants is to get Valentine fired...Is that all he wants?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: Curt is not being helpful

In Response to Curt is not being helpful:
    [QUOTE]Curt Schilling was a great pitcher. He had courage, talent, the will to win and an indomitable spirit. That was then. I loved him then. Curt doesn't like Bobby V. He didn't and he doesn't now. Whatever I think, Curt has the right to his Freedom of speech and that right gives him authority to voice his opinions of public people. Bobby V. is Public so Curt can talk. But, when Curt starts having private conversations with Players in which he criticizes or encourages criticism and making negative statements about the current staff's emphasis on fundamentals etc. He is then crossing into the realm of meddling. As a knowledgeable fan, I have long believed that a great failing of the Sox was the lack of emphasis on fundamentals. You know, bunting, holding base runners, hit and run, throwing to the cut-off man--you know, fundamentals. Curt can say what he pleases but I don't think he should be meddling even if all he wants is to get Valentine fired...Is that all he wants?
    Posted by srtide1[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I don't know. Also, nobody loved "Cy" Curt when he played for the sox than me, especially when he made 54,000 screaming yankee fans "shut up". now with all that said, I totally agree with you and think that he is meddling somewhat and put a negitive on what has so far been a very positive spring trainning camp. It kinda bums me out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

he has been a jerk...but i guess pike's outrage is only limited to negative posters, not actual red sox icons...

my guess is when the fans turn on him, then he will shut up

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In Response to Re: Curt is not being helpful:
    [QUOTE]he has been a jerk...but i guess pike's outrage is only limited to negative posters, not actual red sox icons... my guess is when the fans turn on him, then he will shut up
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Fair point... and well balanced.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Curt once was well-paid for throwing a baseball. He's now well-paid for talking.
    He did the former better than he does the latter.
    Curt? Please be quieter...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Schilling needs to shut up, how can this not be going well when they have yet to play a SINGLE GAME!!! at least wait until the allstar break before forming an opinion about this. and if the players dont like having to practice fundamentals etc after their epic failure of last year then get rid of the player as far as i'm concerned

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

If it were true what the heck does this tell you about our beloved players? They don't respect Tito because he is too easy, and now they have someone pushing them and they are unhappy? Ridiculous.

If the emerging problem is not true than shame on the media (once again).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Yes, Shilling should just stop working for ESPN, return what I'm sure are very nice checks and just go home.

What freakin' world do some of you people live in??

It's his JOB.

Just like it was Valentines job to critique Crawfords batting stance and Becketts eternal stalling between pitches last year.

Just like it'll be Francona's job to do the same this year.

Please, tell me which one of you would turn down such a good job, because ,"Gee , I might rub some overly sentisitive Sox fans the wrong way"...

Don't everyone respond at once. We wouldn't want to crash BDCs servers...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]Curt once was well-paid for throwing a baseball. He's now well-paid for talking. He did the former better than he does the latter. Curt? Please be quieter...
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

The subject hasn't been invented where Curt doesn't have an opinion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lardin. Show lardin's posts

Just because he talks to much, and is annoying, does not mean hes wrong..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In response to "Re: Curt is not being helpful": [QUOTE]Just because he talks to much, and is annoying, does not mean hes wrong.. Posted by lardin[/QUOTE] How can he be right when the season hasnt started yet?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lardin. Show lardin's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Curt is not being helpful": How can he be right when the season hasnt started yet?
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]

Guys could very well be telling him the things he says they are. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Even if Schill is right, seems pretty meaningless.  Everybody understood that camp wasn't gonna be the country club spa of the past.  Valentine stated up front that he understood he was going to ruffle feathers.  If this was June, maybe there is a story.  But players feeling unsettled about the way things are in March, with a new manager, after last year, is probably about the way it should be.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to "Re: Curt is not being helpful": [QUOTE]he has been a jerk...but i guess pike's outrage is only limited to negative posters, not actual red sox icons... my guess is when the fans turn on him, then he will shut up Posted by georom4[/QUOTE] The fans turned on him when vote for Bush.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Curt has always liked the sound of his own voice way too much. 

I get it his job to talk, but that doesn't mean he needs to take shots at guys who are still in the game.  It reflects very poorly coming from a guy who is so loosely removed from the game. 

Hey Curt, how did retiring and talking trash work out for Tiki Barber?  Hint, Eli now only has 8 ringless fingers.