Curt Schilling has a new lease on life after suffering heart attack and failed business venture

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

Re: Curt Schilling has a new lease on life after suffering heart attack and failed business venture

Have never been a fan of Schilling's loud mouth and his need to give his opinion on everything, he certainly should be a 1st ballot HOFamer. I hope he is in good health to enjoy it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Curt Schilling has a new lease on life after suffering heart attack and failed business venture

Curt Schilling was/is  good for baseball !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Curt is a true Red Sox hero. Without him ( and a few others ) , we would be trying to break a 95 year curse. " Sox fans " who hate him because he has a " big mouth "  hand me a laugh. They don't mind someone having a big mouth if they like what the big mouth is saying. All the best to Curt.

Stabbed by Foulke.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

he admits in the article to having a big mouth and giving his opinion on anything and everything. doesn't make him a bad person, just an opinionated one. He put his pitching where his mouth was and did was he brought to Boston to do, pitch us into and win, a World Series. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Curt is a true Red Sox hero. Without him ( and a few others ) , we would be trying to break a 95 year curse. " Sox fans " who hate him because he has a " big mouth "  hand me a laugh. They don't mind someone having a big mouth if they like what the big mouth is saying. All the best to Curt.

Stabbed by Foulke.

Absolutely true!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

It's the parasite baseball writers who continually prod for comments and when one is given which is contrary to their opinion, the gates of hell are opened.

If they don't want his opposite opinion, then don's ask for it.

I sincerely hope his health and opinion last a long time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

As always, it depends on whose ox is being gored.  Schilling is right of center, so the left half usually thinks he has a big mouth.  Had he called for Bush's impeachment, the same people that think he has a big mouth, would be asking him to run for POTUS.

IRT the video game, you can't spend one-time money on it.  If an investment banker starts a hedge fund, and it blows up, he can always get a job at a bank again.  He'll be poorer, but he'll always have money.  If you're an athlete, once the money is gone, you can't get that back again.

IRT a heart attack, he has to keep himself in better shape.  Hopefully, this will be a well-heeded warning.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

IRT a heart attack, he has to keep himself in better shape.  Hopefully, this will be a well-heeded warning.

[/QUOTE]
    You can be in the greatest of shape and have a heart attack. Jim Fixx super great long distance runner wrote a book on running that got the US running. He had a heart attack while running.

It is not always about the shape you are in.

It includes what you eat and what genes you have

Anyone that has heart issues that run in the family should take heed. Both father and mother had heart attacks. Guess what I had a 95% blockage in the LAD. I am very lucky.

President Bush who is in great shape had a stent put in this week for a blockage.

30% of heart attacks have NO warning. I had no warnings. I just felt like something was wrong and I was right

If you have relatives with heart issues get a stress test. NO matter the shape you are in

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

You can be in the greatest of shape and have a heart attack. Jim Fixx super great long distance runner wrote a book on running that got the US running. He had a heart attack while running.

Anyone that has heart issues that run in the family should take heed. Both father and mother had heart attacks. Guess what I had a 95% blockage in the LAD. I am very lucky.

President Bush who is in great shape had a stent put in this week for a blockage.

30% of heart attacks have NO warning. I had no warnings. I just felt like something was wrong and I was right

If you have relatives with heart issues get a stress test. NO matter the shape you are in

[/QUOTE]

Great information!

Sometimes the symptoms are so gradual in occuring that a problem could exist even if a person feels asymptomatic.   It almost makes sense to have a routine stress test in conjuncion with the yearly physical.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Knowing the symptoms of a heart attack may save your life or a loved ones life.  My mother had a heart attack a couple months ago and claimed she just had indegestion for some "spicy food" Luckily me and my brother were able to convince her to go to the doctors.  people think that a heart attack is like having huge sharp pains right in their chest and they go right into cardiac arrect.  While that can happen it's generally untrue.  

Know the symptoms, and carry some aspirin (or any blood thinners) if you are at risk. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

Spot on. Agree 100 percent.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

Thank-you!!!  No world series ring without schilling, I wish sox fans would remember that.

Schill took a risk in trying to start a business like many others and failed like many others.  My husband has his own business so I understand that sucess isn't a given.  Fortunatly he is doing well but many more fail than succeed.  He tried, he failed because I believe he is a better ball player than a business man.  

I wish him all the best.  He gave his all for the sox and it would be nice if fans would remember   he bled red sox red.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

Great information!

Sometimes the symptoms are so gradual in occuring that a problem could exist even if a person feels asymptomatic.   It almost makes sense to have a routine stress test in conjuncion with the yearly physical.

[/QUOTE]

In april of 1991 my dad, mom, brother and nephew were driving to plymouth to feed the ducks.  My parents lived in pembroke.  My mother was driving.  With no warning my father experience a massive heart attack and died on the spot.  He was 67 years old.  He was burried on fenway's opening day.  Being the diehard fan that he was I know that would have made him happy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

tough times for Schill, i wouldn't wish health issues on anyone...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosox0489. Show bosox0489's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

tough times for Schill, i wouldn't wish health issues on anyone...

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[/QUOTE]

I heard that the most common first symptom of a heart attack is death. While its a great idea to control the risk factors you CAN control, most of CAD (coronary artery disease) is genetic. I too drew a bad hand on that count. I didn't suffer a heart attack, but at the peak of my workouts three years ago I had chest pain and despite running 45,000 miles in my lifetime, keeping my weight reasonable, and eating fairly well, I had angina. I am fine now, after a stent, but the point is that even if you control as much as you can control (and we should all be doing that), genetics trumps everything. Carrying around baby aspiring (the chewable kind, not the kind that is coated to dissolve in your stomach because that takes too long to take effect) if you are at risk is a great idea. Eating five of them if you get an MI could save your life.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

he admits in the article to having a big mouth and giving his opinion on anything and everything. doesn't make him a bad person, just an opinionated one. He put his pitching where his mouth was and did was he brought to Boston to do, pitch us into and win, a World Series. 

Hi J! The greatest game I will always remember even if I live to be 100 is when "Cy" Curt took the mound and made 45,000 yankee fans "shut up." When I think about pitchers that have strained necks or sore obliques I always remind those apologists about the time when Curt with sutures holding his bad ankle stable toed the rubber and helped make red sox history. I even have him as a contact in my linkedin account. That guy was a warrior in every sense of the word.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Schilling deserves to speak his mind because he always backs it up.  Schilling risked his health to help the Red Sox win game 6 of the 2004 ALCS.  

I am sorry to hear about his failed business and heart attack.  

Schilling is a HOF and a Red Sox legend.   Laughing

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

schilling should and would be one of the biggest

local heroes in boston if he didn't say those 2 words

best of luck 2U curt

see you in the hall soon

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

schilling should and would be one of the biggest

local heroes in boston if he didn't say those 2 words

best of luck 2U curt

see you in the hall soon

What two words?

Shilling will always be #1 in my book.  I say him at camden yards the first time he pitched in a sox uniform.  His command on the mound was amazing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Why was the OP deleted? Do tne mods not know who Curt Shilling is? The link was from the Boston Globe, no less

Sections
Shortcuts