Curt Shilling selling home and contents while facing lawsuit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Curt Shilling selling home and contents while facing lawsuit

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/10/07/curt-schilling-selling-items-from-home-in-estate-sale-that-will-knock-your-sox-off/

Curt Schilling plans estate sale amid lawsuit over $75M loan for failed video game company

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/facing-75m-lawsuit-schilling-plans-estate-sale-article-1.1478741#ixzz2h8ghq37j

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Curt Shilling selling home and contents while facing lawsuit

what exactly happened here?  where did his fortune go?

why do you mean leftists?  i honestly don't know the story.

if there is government intervention here i will be pissed.

i hope Curt has some cash squirreled away.  if i had a job for him i'd hire him - i don't want to see this hero end in tragedy.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

Leftists, everywhere, are smiling. 

Lefists, Rightists, everyone who's forgotten what he did for the Sox are smiling. 

It's too bad that some people get so much enjoyment from someone else's problems. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

i hope Curt has some cash squirreled away.  if i had a job for him i'd hire him - i don't want to see this hero end in tragedy.

38 STUDIOS.  he gambled his fortune on a video game.  borrowed heavily from state of RI IIRC.  company failed miserably.  he is broke.  RI wants their $$$.  nothing to do with "leftists" or "rightists" or tea drinkers.  everything to do with a terrible business decision.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

[QUOTE]

38 STUDIOS.  he gambled his fortune on a video game.  borrowed heavily from state of RI IIRC.  company failed miserably.  he is broke.  RI wants their $$$.  nothing to do with "leftists" or "rightists" or tea drinkers.  everything to do with a terrible business decision.

[/QUOTE]

But he made well over $100 Million in his career.  How could he had blown all of it?  He doesn't have $5 million squirreled away?  And if it is a corportation, his personal assets would be judgement proof.....I am lost here.........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i believe he sunk his entire fortune into 38 studios and personally backed the loan from state.  does he have some ca$h stashed away offshore>?  maybe.  but he better be smart enough not to let the people he owes money to find out about it (see:  citizens of RI).

i expect a bloody sock to be up for auction at Sotheby's in the near future......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

But he made well over $100 Million in his career.  How could he had blown all of it?  He doesn't have $5 million squirreled away?  And if it is a corportation, his personal assets would be judgement proof.....I am lost here.........

He had 50 million, andrew. He spent the bulk of it to keep the company afloat. He started the company to make enough to build  an autism center, one of his sons is autistic. He's selling his home to raise money, to defend the lawsuit. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

i believe he sunk his entire fortune into 38 studios and personally backed the loan from state.  does he have some ca$h stashed away offshore>?  maybe.  but he better be smart enough not to let the people he owes money to find out about it (see:  citizens of RI).

i expect a bloody sock to be up for auction at Sotheby's in the near future......

I hope the $ is in a country w/o any bank treaties with the US

I don't know how you could back a business venture (Corp) with personal money - a CPA would be able to answer that

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He had 50 million, andrew. He spent the bulk of it to  keep the company afloat. He started te company to make enough to build  an autism center, one of his sons is autistic. He's selling his home to raise money, to defend the lawsuit. 

[/QUOTE]

so that sounds like he invested and was a shareholder and not a personal loan backer then....not good business sense I am afraid......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

A shame. Great pitcher. Sox hero. Good man. Terrible businessman. Hope he can get through this.

Stabbed by Foulke.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

A shame. Great pitcher. Sox hero. Good man. Terrible businessman. Hope he can get through this.

Stabbed by Foulke.

He will.

TV analyst is 6 figures and baseball pension is another 6 figures

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

He will.

TV analyst is 6 figures and baseball pension is another 6 figures

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. And maybe a book deal.

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts