Curtis Granderson: Brady Anderson Redux

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

Re: Curtis Granderson: Brady Anderson Redux

In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson: Brady Anderson Redux:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson: Brady Anderson Redux : Yeah...because he perfomed SO WELL with them... Maybe the Stankees pefected Steroid injection?

Posted by SleeStack1[/QUOTE]

I don't know how he PERFOMED with them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson: Brady Anderson Redux : Yeah...because he perfomed SO WELL with them... Maybe the Stankees pefected Steroid injection?
    Posted by SleeStack1[/QUOTE]

What does "perfomed" mean????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Size is not an indication of steroids.

I agree Soxfanatik-VA

but pointing out a change in size has merit

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

if anyone believes that Gradyson isn't taking something then they aren't paying attention.  A skinny number 2 hitter will hit doubles his career hr total for a season.  He will hit 50, even in the bandbox in NY this is not possibility.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Please go back and read my posts.  I am NOT saying he is a user.  Many "defenders" say he can't use he is too small.  Size is not an indication of steroids.  Your point was he is "skinny".  He is clearly not "skinny".  He is very in shape, and likely extremely strong.  Clearly in that photo he is his bigger than Lance, who you think looked bulked up during his Tour wins (he is bigger and more ripped now).  Griffey (considered by most to be clean) was another lean guy with a great homerun power.  Saying a guy is or is not a user based on what you see in a uniform is like trying to test for witches by seeing if they float.  My point is just because they are not bulked up like an ape does not mean they are clean.  Pettitte was never big, but admitted to using.  Granderson hopefully is not a user.  I don't wish that on any team.  Just don't dismiss or convict based on a false stereotype.
    Posted by Soxfanatik-VA[/QUOTE]

That's much like how this thread got started, which is a stereotype based on good numbers. Also, Pettite used HGH for healing an injury (legality notwithstanding). As far as floating witches are concerned, I don't agree; clearly there is a trend for those that are noticeable bigger (or smaller, ie., they stopped, like Bagwell, Boone, or Lowell) which RS fans are quick to point out (you can't have it both ways via posturing an inane argument). A better analogy would be, there's a murder, a suspect is being questioned, and he seems nervous and sweating; it doesn't mean he did it, but he's worth watching. Conversely, just because someone is cool, calm, and collected, doesn't let him off the hook.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

[QUOTE]if anyone believes that Gradyson isn't taking something then they aren't paying attention.  A skinny number 2 hitter will hit doubles his career hr total for a season.  He will hit 50, even in the bandbox in NY this is not possibility.
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]
    Yes, the truth is "clear" in this case for the eyes to see.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson: Brady Anderson Redux : Yes, the truth is "clear" in this case for the eyes to see.
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

Sorry, baldy (or whoever), that is just flat out ridiculously skewed; to illustrate how, maybe Beckett and Papi are doing (or redoing it ) too. It's one thing to root for a team and boo the rival; it's another for making delusional and hostile statements which are groundless in every way, shape, and form just becuase an opposing player is doing well; (maybe you should compliment him instead, like I've done with AGon, Tim Thomas, & others). You're now on ignore for me, because you've proven your stupidity and vitriol. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson: Brady Anderson Redux : Sorry, baldy, that is just flat out ridiculously skewed; to illustrate how, maybe Beckett and Papi are doing (or redoing it ) too. It's one thing to root for a team and boo the rival; it's another for making delusional and hostile statements which are groundless in every way, shape, and form. You're now on ignore for me, because you've proven your stupidity and vitriol. 
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]
    Sorry Mr Seagal. BTW are you making anymore movies, maybe under siege3 can take place in yankee stadium. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

whats with the "he changed his swing in the offseason" bs these days. People have every right to question granderson's probable PED use. And ya to those of you who point out how skinny he is, there was a great point made earlier in another post that one has to simply look at lance armstrong and landis. They are twigs and both used PED's. People have brought up the same excuse for jose bautista. They point to his size and just because he has not gotten bigger in size he must not be using PED's. People need to wake up. Tinkering with your swing does not turn a guy who averaged 15 homers a season into a 50 homerun a year hitter at age 30 and a guy who averaged about 25 homers a year into a guy who is on pace for 50 homers. Oh ya and lets not forget bartolo colon who magically transformed from a guy who has an average era of around 5.00 the past 5 years into a guy who is posting a 3.10 and is having one of the best seasons of his career at age 38. But ya i bet he is clean too or maybe he just  tweaked his delivery in the offseason. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]whats with the "he changed his swing in the offseason" bs these days. People have every right to question granderson's probable PED use. And ya to those of you who point out how skinny he is, there was a great point made earlier in another post that one has to simply look at lance armstrong and landis. They are twigs and both used PED's. People have brought up the same excuse for jose bautista. They point to his size and just because he has not gotten bigger in size he must not be using PED's. People need to wake up. Tinkering with your swing does not turn a guy who averaged 15 homers a season into a 50 homerun a year hitter at age 30 and a guy who averaged about 25 homers a year into a guy who is on pace for 50 homers. Oh ya and lets not forget bartolo colon who magically transformed from a guy who has an average era of around 5.00 the past 5 years into a guy who is posting a 3.10 and is having one of the best seasons of his career at age 38. But ya i bet he is clean too or maybe he just  tweaked his delivery in the offseason. 
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]

Here we have a good example of convoluted fandom generating an opinion laced with delusional vitriol, as discussed earlier.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson: Brady Anderson Redux :   Can you repeat that in a language we all can understand?
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]

It's Beni-scat talk.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Johnny Damon went from 10 to 24 HRs when he went to the Yanks. He then went from 24 to 8 after he left. I think the park has a lot to do with it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Johnny Damon went from 10 to 24 HRs when he went to the Yanks. He then went from 24 to 8 after he left. I think the park has a lot to do with it.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

He has 9 Road Hrs, as mentioned before.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yes, and 12 at home and 3 in Texas.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from this-is-not-possibility. Show this-is-not-possibility's posts

Speaking of Yanks, Russell Martin steroid supply must have ran out. Maybe ARoid has more for him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Speaking of Yanks, Russell Martin steroid supply must have ran out. Maybe ARoid has more for him.
    Posted by this-is-not-possibility[/QUOTE]

It's called a bad back, Beni. Nicely tinted avatar though.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

ok here is what does not equate about the " he worked hard in the offseason so thats why he is hitting so well this year" argument. Curtis Granderson has been in the mlb for almost 8 years. So how is it that he never changed his stance or worked harder in the offseason or whatever during the first 7 years he spent in the majors? All of a sudden now he is on pace to almost double his career high in homers(on pace for 50, career high 30) and is on pace for 125 rbi(his career high is 74). Look at david ortiz, the same thing was said about him, that he worked on his swing etc in the offseason and his results are much more reasonable and understandable, he is on pace for 39 homers and 105 rbi. Last year he hit 32 homers (so he is on pace for only 7 more) and 102 rbi (on pace for only 3 more than last year), so not a huge jump by any means in either category. Thats what working harder in the offseason equates to, not ridiculous numbers that are way above your career averages. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pennasoxfan67. Show pennasoxfan67's posts

[QUOTE]Johnny Damon went from 10 to 24 HRs when he went to the Yanks. He then went from 24 to 8 after he left. I think the park has a lot to do with it.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Apropos of my original question:  is it the park, or are PEDs "institutionalized" in the Yankee clubhouse?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson: Brady Anderson Redux : Apropos of my original question:  is it the park, or are PEDs "institutionalized" in the Yankee clubhouse?

Posted by pennasoxfan67[/QUOTE]

I don't recall any articles of ex players speaking about how the team hired a doctor who held a meeting on the proper use of steroids.

http://deadspin.com/5248932/lou-merloni-will-blow-this-steroid-business-wide-open

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson: Brady Anderson Redux : Apropos of my original question:  is it the park, or are PEDs "institutionalized" in the Yankee clubhouse?

I don't know; Yaz went from a career high of 20 and in his 7th season hit 44, when 44 was a tremendous amount. Was that guy Babe was talking about around then?

------------------

See how ridiuclous that sounds? That's how you and a few others sound as well.  FWIW, many predicted he would hit 40+ at YS. You guys just can't stand when a Yankee is having a sensational year. Shame on you for letting virulent fandom get in the way of appreciating baseball at it's finest, regardless of the uniform.You don't see 5katz (who also made the Yaz reference here), moon, harness, redsoxu571 and a bunch of other RS fans resort to this trash. Not even Pike has joined this pathetic fracas.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pennasoxfan67. Show pennasoxfan67's posts

Dear Yankee Homers....I appreciate your comments.  Really, I do.  As I Sox homer, I understand your partisanship.  But my question stands.  It has nothing to do with being jealous of any Yankee who plays well.  It has everything to do with half the Mitchel List consisting of Yankee players.  The pressure to "earn" the outrageous salaries and perform in front of the NY market must be off the charts, so I can understand the "motivation" to use PEDs either to "heal and recover" ala Pettitte or just flat out cheat ala Clemens and ARoid.  I'm also not saying that PEDs aren't endemic to sports, or that MLB or any MLB team, including the Sox, doesn't have guys using.  So, you're convinced Granderson's freakish year is all about the short porch and some adjustments to his swing huh?  I'm not.  Funny, the year Brady Anderson hit 50 at Camden Yards, I heard the same thing....for a while.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]Dear Yankee Homers....I appreciate your comments.  Really, I do.  As I Sox homer, I understand your partisanship.  But my question stands.  It has nothing to do with being jealous of any Yankee who plays well.  It has everything to do with half the Mitchel List consisting of Yankee players.  The pressure to "earn" the outrageous salaries and perform in front of the NY market must be off the charts, so I can understand the "motivation" to use PEDs either to "heal and recover" ala Pettitte or just flat out cheat ala Clemens and ARoid.  I'm also not saying that PEDs aren't endemic to sports, or that MLB or any MLB team, including the Sox, doesn't have guys using.  So, you're convinced Granderson's freakish year is all about the short porch and some adjustments to his swing huh?  I'm not.  Funny, the year Brady Anderson hit 50 at Camden Yards, I heard the same thing....for a while.

As pointed out earlier, do you think yaz was on 'roids when he went from a career high of 20hr to suddenly hit 44hr in his triple crown year?

Do you think the mitchell report would have looked a little different if a member of the Yanks board of directors led the investigation instead of a member of the red flops board of directors?

Sections
Shortcuts