Cut the crap with all this bad back stuff...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Cut the crap with all this bad back stuff...

Yesterday's lineups were a disgrace - nothing more than Francona pandering to his players to rest them during a double header...games we needed to win. Marco played all last year with one arm - now he cant play because of a strained back????? Papi????  Reddick????  Either our fitness suckz or we are doing our annual August swoon because we have already settled for the wildcard...unacceptable...

I'm tired of the Yankees passing us when it matters most..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Re: Cut the crap with all this bad back stuff...

Francona, Theo, and Henry are involved in a conspiracy against the RSN, I believe. They all want the Red Sox to lose for some reason. Why else would they bench healthy players. Are the Red Sox on a commodity marker and John Henry has a short position on them. There has to be a rational explanation somewhere why Terry wants the team to lose. As a fan I demand that this issue be investigated by the Commissioner. Something is rotten in Denmark here when a manager pretends that players are injured. Will you help me George in bring this to the attention of the MLB FO?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Papi is in a walking cast/boot...when a 36 yr old hurts his back (Scutaro), it can be a lot worse than a shoulder and take a bit longer, than say a 26 yr old, to recover..Reddick played so Im not sure why his name came up..They call it the "Dog Days" for a reason Geo..Nagging injuries and such..My guess is that it will be a back and forth with us and the yanks til the end...Its nerve racking, I know, but I think Tito and the staff have a better grasp than any of us how the players really feel...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

sorry southie - as you can see being in second place to the Yanks makes me angry...I just hope we dont settle for the wildcard...not this year

Pike....you are a piece of work - but your consistency in quelling criticism should win you some sort of award...I hope you're getting paid for your act

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Cut the crap with all this bad back stuff...:
    [QUOTE]Yesterday's lineups were a disgrace - nothing more than Francona pandering to his players to rest them during a double header...games we needed to win. Marco played all last year with one arm - now he cant play because of a strained back????? Papi????  Reddick????  Either our fitness suckz or we are doing our annual August swoon because we have already settled for the wildcard...unacceptable... I'm tired of the Yankees passing us when it matters most..
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Come on geo...since when does Francona sit a player for BOTH games of a doubleheader unless he is hurt? Bear in mind that the manager does not work in a silo, he gets feedback from the medical staff and THE PLAYER before he fills up the line-up card.

Do you really believe that Francona sat David Ortiz for both games yesterday to rest him?? Come on - get real!!

You just cannot help yourself to criticize the manager even when common sense is totally against you. Stop already!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

sox..i agree with your logic 100%....too bad I still feel crappy and want to vent..lol

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

Papi's gonna be out a little while I'd guess.  Bursitis on the heel is pretty debilitating and the pain is Sharp.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

OK, being in second place sent George into a tantrum and that is why he is blaming the injuries on the manager. Kids need a scapegoat instead of feeling disappointed like the rest of us (adults).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from )-)TheBabe(-(. Show )-)TheBabe(-('s posts

In Response to Re: Cut the crap with all this bad back stuff...:
    [QUOTE]sorry southie - as you can see being in second place to the Yanks makes me angry...I just hope we dont settle for the wildcard...not this year Pike....you are a piece of work - but your consistency in quelling criticism should win you some sort of award...I hope you're getting paid for your act

LOL...too funny.

I always wonder why pike comes to a baseball forum to NOT talk baseball.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]Just a week ago the Bahston Socks fannies were singing a different tune, What happen?
    Posted by greatestNYY[/QUOTE]

WARNING, WARNING - There's cockroaches in the kitchen again!!!!

Not to worry they will disappear again when the lights come back on and  Sox regain 1st place again!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Just a week ago the Bahston Socks fannies were singing a different tune, What happen?
    Posted by greatestNYY[/QUOTE]

this is a rhetorical question, right?
    Same thing that happened to the yanks when the Sox took ovah first place not too long ago..
    You'll understand what Im saying real soon Im sure..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE].I just hope we dont settle for the wildcard...not this year Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone is settling for the WC.  I think that everyone wants to win the division, including Francona.  But at what cost?  The playoffs for the Red Sox, while not guaranteed, are a pretty safe bet.  At this point, do you overplay somebody who has a bad back to win a game today that we didn't NEED to win and risk further injury?  Or do you rest the player so that he will be as close to 100% for the postseason as possible?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Unfortunately, we'll be in 2nd place until we get to play the yankees again.

Where would our season be without getting to play those guys?!?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]Unfortunately, we'll be in 2nd place until we get to play the yankees again. Where would our season be without getting to play those guys?!?
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we're 10-2 against the Yankees but they're 72-36 against the rest of baseball...weird. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I am wondering if it has to do with putting in claims for waiver wire pickups where the Yankees cannot block their waiver wire claims but they can block the Yankees. Otherwise there is no logical explanation for it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Red Sox are a juggernaut in their own minds right now.  What we see on the field other than Ellsbury is a group that usually falls behind early in games and now is dealing with a lot of injuries.  Either they respond or the whole juggernaut thing goes out the window and we become a wild card team that hopefully responds in October.  I am very surprised that the press has not been on this team more. From the beginning of the season they have performed inconsistently and now we head out on the road injured.  It is hard to know if this team will respond.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]The Red Sox are a juggernaut in their own minds right now.  What we see on the field other than Ellsbury is a group that usually falls behind early in games and now is dealing with a lot of injuries.  Either they respond or the whole juggernaut thing goes out the window and we become a wild card team that hopefully responds in October.  I am very surprised that the press has not been on this team more. From the beginning of the season they have performed inconsistently and now we head out on the road injured.  It is hard to know if this team will respond.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Hasn't the press kept us informed of all of the injuries. Sadly many on the forum don't read the injury reports before coming here and mouthing off. The press was on top of injuries last year also and the same people here had trouble digesting and comprehending the severity of it. They wanted Theo last year to replace six regulars with equal quality players at the trading deadline. Remember that?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Now you are hearing the stiory on WEEI that AGON's neck could be causing his lack of power. Obviously something is wrong. Grant you he is hitting for average but he had better power numbers in San Diego with no protection in the lineup. I am getting tired of the medical secrecy with this team, including Bucholtz as well. There are more secrets with the medical staff on this team than with the invasion of Iraq which I was a part of. its incredible.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Hey BDC community:  If you are wondering where I am, don;t worry, I will be back before game time.  I am worried about Geo and am running to the liquor story and pharmacy to pick him up some vicodeine and some Jack Daniels.  Back soon.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

ha..ty Space for the medicine...if the Yanks start to pull away you can find me on top of the Bunker Hill Monument with my high powered rifle that i am bidding on ebay as we chat

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

You've just been busted for venting on a public forum without a good reason.

If you need counsel , one will be provided for you for a fee.

Your confession will be considered by the court and your sentence will be reduced pending a few dozen halfway decent posts before this weekend.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

They sell high powered rifles on EBAY?

I sure hope not, especially to people who vent frequently!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]ha..ty Space for the medicine...if the Yanks start to pull away you can find me on top of the Bunker Hill Monument with my high powered rifle that i am bidding on ebay as we chat

Wow, the pennant race was exciting enough.  Now there is the potential of you going postal?  Man, this is getting good.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Silly me, I just realized that many of you set a bookmark for the forum and come here directly. I make the mistake of going to the Red Sox front page and get delayed there reading the news about our team.

Sections
Shortcuts