D H needs to be more PRODUCTIVE...........Just saying .......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

D H needs to be more PRODUCTIVE...........Just saying .......

Yesterday,  0-5 & 2-5 now batting 317 and falling !!   Yes, a double & a H R in the 2nd game ........  Too many double plays and tooooo slow on the bases   BTW, needs to learn to run on every batted ball as they might just drop in like it did last night !!!!    Just saying .....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: D H needs to be more PRODUCTIVE...........Just saying .......

IGGY  4-8 yesterday, now batting 443   !!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Yesterday,  0-5 & 2-5 now batting 317 and falling !!   Yes, a double & a H R in the 2nd game ........  Too many double plays and tooooo slow on the bases   BTW, needs to learn to run on every batted ball as they might just drop in like it did last night !!!!    Just saying .....

You are incredibly stupid about baseball.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think Bill is just joking......I hope

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Bill probably thinks Ortiz should have done more in the 2004 postseason.  I mean, look at all those games he didn't have a walkoff hit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

He's leading all DH hitters in HRs (12),RBIs (45),AVG (.317) and he has 2 stolen bases.By the way,those stats are with Ortiz playing a lot fewer games than the rest.

If you want to hate Ortiz,go ahead,that's your problem.If you really believe he's inadaquate as a DH,then you have absolutely no clue about the game of baseball. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

Why would anybody post something so stupid for the world to see ?

#makeyourselflookbad!!!!
    Wear your hat with pride or take it off!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

Bozo rambling as usual.

Quoth the village jester.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Yes, Papi is in a bit of a slump. But in his last 51 plate appearances he has hit into a whopping total of one double play. Dustin Pedroia has hit into two double plays in his last 53 plate appearances. In the future, please be sure you have the facts to back up your anti-Ortiz propaganda. You are a phony fickle fan and should be ashamed of yourself.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to rsinsider's comment:

Why would anybody post something so stupid for the world to see ?

#makeyourselflookbad!!!!
    Wear your hat with pride or take it off!!!!

It's a desperate cry for attention.  Nothing more.  Bill lives to try to annoy RS fans, and with the RS having the best record in the league, there isn't a lot to try to annoy us with.

Or, put another way, if the biggest complaint one has about the RS, is that Papi only had a 2B and a HR last night, then life is good.

Past that, you can't take anything Bill has to say seriously.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Bill goes onto the ignore list along with friends Conan, both not worth reading whether kidding or not. I've got better things to do with my time. 

Just my extremely ignorant, conservatively liberal, all knowing, pervasive, practically meaningless and but extremely intellectual points of view.

Hetch   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Here's an idea... make Iggy the DH and put Ortiz at third. More production from the DH spot (?) and great entertainment at the hot corner.

Makes as much sense as most of what Bill posts.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Oh, and just saying...during this bit of a slump Papi is still slugging at a healthy .636 clip with an OPS of .989. Most hitters would kill to be in a "slump" like that.

"Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong."
    - Thomas Jefferson

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

We/us/them/him/her/it are waiting with bated breath for the "witty" retort about the "Big O" and the impending downfall of America. Please enlighten us/we/them/you/me misguided pinko/commie/left/lib/red/rad/marxist/leninist/moonbat/t-ballers with your sage observations on the American pastime.

"Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong."
    - Thomas Jefferson

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

BILL POSTS ABOUT THE LATEST GAME OR TWO NEVER LOOKS AT STATS OR ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHAT SUITS HIS THEORIES

Love the Red Sox and enjoy the ride every year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Bill, do you ever watch the baseball games ?

Ortiz practically singlehandedly won two games for us just this week alone. He's been our only consistent trustworthy power hitter / RBI machine for quite some time, and his playful attitude is pure gold in the clubhouse.

For years now he's produced about 120 % OR MORE of the offense a typical designated hitter delivers.If he's in a SLUMP, please find a way to get everybody else into the same condition.

THIS particular right-wing libertarian conservative free market individualist thinks Big Papi is just fine.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

wow..tumbled all the way down to.317...if he gets to .300 you might have to talk Bill down off the Tobin..Sealed

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Not defending Bill - he doesn't bother me even though I usually disagree with his observations/posts.  That said, did anyone consider he may have been sarcastic and self-depreciating with his initial post?  Just sayin'.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to gr82bme's comment:

Not defending Bill - he doesn't bother me even though I usually disagree with his observations/posts.  That said, did anyone consider he may have been sarcastic and self-depreciating with his initial post?  Just sayin'.

There was no evidence of that at all. The specific criticism of Ortiz for not running out every batted ball rules that out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:

In response to gr82bme's comment:

[QUOTE]

There was no evidence of that at all. The specific criticism of Ortiz for not running out every batted ball rules that out.

[/QUOTE]

I know Bill isn't a Papi fan based on other posts, so I considered it may be sarcastic.  Also, and I'm not defending Bill, he's right on Papi not running out balls on what appear to be sure outs.  Of course, there's a good many players that do that - but his criticism on that point was on point.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think Bill is just joking......I hope

[/QUOTE]

Bill is not joking. He is a baseball illiterate. Even if Ortiz batted .500 he would whine about him because he simply cannot admit he was wrong about Papi.