D H needs to be more PRODUCTIVE...........Just saying .......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re: D H needs to be more PRODUCTIVE...........Just saying .......

In response to gr82bme's comment:

In response to devildavid's comment:

Not defending Bill - he doesn't bother me even though I usually disagree with his observations/posts.  That said, did anyone consider he may have been sarcastic and self-depreciating with his initial post?  Just sayin'.

There was no evidence of that at all. The specific criticism of Ortiz for not running out every batted ball rules that out.

I know Bill isn't a Papi fan based on other posts, so I considered it may be sarcastic.  Also, and I'm not defending Bill, he's right on Papi not running out balls on what appear to be sure outs.  Of course, there's a good many players that do that - but his criticism on that point was on point.

Not running out balls is not a good practice but I'm not sure how much harm Papi has really done to the team with it. So far, I'd say the good far outweighs the bad. Bill keeps hoping for Papi to get hurt, in order to save face on his lame "predictions". Sox don't need "fans" like that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Not defending Bill - he doesn't bother me even though I usually disagree with his observations/posts.  That said, did anyone consider he may have been sarcastic and self-depreciating with his initial post?  Just sayin'.

There was no evidence of that at all. The specific criticism of Ortiz for not running out every batted ball rules that out.

[/QUOTE]

I know Bill isn't a Papi fan based on other posts, so I considered it may be sarcastic.  Also, and I'm not defending Bill, he's right on Papi not running out balls on what appear to be sure outs.  Of course, there's a good many players that do that - but his criticism on that point was on point.

Could it possibly be Ortiz is being careful with the heels / knees / Achilles tendons on plays which look like certain outs ?       We have Ortiz for his power and clutch-ness , not his baserunning skills. The man IS like, what , fifty years old ?

[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would counter that having Papi running full out every automatic out is more likely to lead to an injury.  During the course of a full season, maybe there will be one AB where it makes a difference, and maybe not even that.  I like the concept of 100% effort, but after seeing enough guys getting hurt, I question the logic.

And this depends on the player as well.  We can afford to lose a guy like Vic for a few days if he crashes into the wall saving a double.  We can't afford to lose Papi for 5 days trying to beat out a one-hopper to the 2B.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

DAD just called ............  "SON, I NEED TO TAKE YOU TO TASK FOR YOUR CONTINUED ABILITY TO UPSET THE BASEBALL BRAINTRUST ON THIS BOARD ON A SUNDAY MORNING.......  I know that you see more than the average fan, but you will need to let this PAPI thing play out......  NOW STAND DOWN, SON"  !!!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Maybe you " see more than average fans " due to hallucinations from too much medication ?

Based on your posts, you certainly don't see ( or at least, UNDERSTAND ) any more baseball than your typical 4th-grader. Perhaps you, softlaw, and georom need your own board.

" Bill sees red people "

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Let's not pick on little Bill-69!  I really think he's on to something.  I'm sure there are plenty of mlb players with an OPS over the poultry 1.011, with more than 45 RBI's in 44 games.

No worries!  Lil' billy will provide us with a long list shortly. 

David Ortiz*

167 30 53 13 1 12 45 20 23 2 .317 .388 .623 36

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

ooops

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

DAD just called ............  "SON, I NEED TO TAKE YOU TO TASK FOR YOUR CONTINUED ABILITY TO UPSET THE BASEBALL BRAINTRUST ON THIS BOARD ON A SUNDAY MORNING.......  I know that you see more than the average fan, but you will need to let this PAPI thing play out......  NOW STAND DOWN, SON"  !!!!!!!!!

Careful. Your ego is showing.

You forgot to mention the "Big O". And how many double plays did Papi really hit into. Must be a left wing coverup.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yesterday,  0-5 & 2-5 now batting 317 and falling !!   Yes, a double & a H R in the 2nd game ........  Too many double plays and tooooo slow on the bases   BTW, needs to learn to run on every batted ball as they might just drop in like it did last night !!!!    Just saying .....

As dad would say, "Son, youre spending way too much time on Mr. Gore's Interweb Facetube."

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Yesterday,  0-5 & 2-5 now batting 317 and falling !!   Yes, a double & a H R in the 2nd game ........  Too many double plays and tooooo slow on the bases   BTW, needs to learn to run on every batted ball as they might just drop in like it did last night !!!!    Just saying .....

Just sayin .... walk of 3 run HR a couple games back, a huge dinger last night, 45 RBIS .... in just 44 games?

Sorry Bill  .... as much as you have wanted Papi to fail, you and dad don't get your wish.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

BILL, I am losing respect.

The guy goes 2 for 10 in a doubleheader but gets 3 RBIs and you call this nonproductive?

1 HR and 3 RBIs every 2 games is a pace of 81 HRs and 243 RBIs over 162 games.-

He's got 9 RBIs his last 5 games- a pace of 280 over 162 games.

He's got 11 RBIs his last 12 games- a pace of about 150 RBIs.

He's got 28 RBIs in his last 25 games- a pace of about 185 RBIs.

I guess that's not enough "production" for you. He also had his first walk off in years, but you probably had your eyes closed for that one.

Sox4ever

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

The guy goes 2 for 10 in a doubleheader but gets 3 RBIs and you call this nonproductive?

I guess that's not enough "production" for you. He also had his first walk off in years, but you probably had your eyes closed for that one.

Sox4ever

As DAD would say..............   "SON, alway fall in love with the girl, not her STATS "  !!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Bill is good luck for Ortiz, a reverse mojo thing.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is you cannot confirm their validity." - Abraham Lincoln  

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Poor Lil' billy!!!

This just has to be killing him???

Yet another bomb by Big Papi....

p.s.  In case you haven't checked out those stats on DH's, or any other position player in mlb, there is NO MORE PRODUCTIVE player in the mlb over a 46 game  stretch of the 2013 season.

I'm sure you were curious ;)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Sox4ever

As DAD would say..............   "SON, alway fall in love with the girl, not her STATS "  !!!!!

This time Da's wrong, Bill ...

The girl's stats are important, but you're mixing cantalopes for watermelons.  

Papi's just clocked another 3 run HR ... and her - uh - his RBIs are among MLB leaders - 5th right now - even playing as many as 25 games less than some of the others.

His 13th homer in 45 games is a rate that brings Papi on the edge of 40 HRs this season.  The RBI rate of over 145 ....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

This time Da's wrong, Bill ...

The girl's stats are important, but you're mixing cantalopes for watermelons.  

Papi's just clocked another 3 run HR ... and her - uh - his RBIs are among MLB leaders - 5th right now - even missing as many as 25 games less than some of the others.

His 13th homer in 45 games is a rate that brings Papi on the edge of 40 HRs this season.  The RBI rate of over 145 ....

[/QUOTE]

but we need more production!!!

it's like more cowbell except we're talking OPS points.

MOAR OPS PLZ!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would counter that having Papi running full out every automatic out is more likely to lead to an injury.  During the course of a full season, maybe there will be one AB where it makes a difference, and maybe not even that.  I like the concept of 100% effort, but after seeing enough guys getting hurt, I question the logic.

And this depends on the player as well.  We can afford to lose a guy like Vic for a few days if he crashes into the wall saving a double.  We can't afford to lose Papi for 5 days trying to beat out a one-hopper to the 2B.

[/QUOTE]

Joe:  I understand your (and other folks too) and somewhat agree with it.  Thing is, I kind of feel bad for Bill - sure he may not be the sharpest tack in the box and posts some wild stuff, but he's usually friendly and he doesn't resort to personal attacks/name calling like that Conan idiot does.  Also, I guess when you hit the ball over the fence (he got another one today) - ya' don't need to run too hard - LOL :).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Too bad today's HR wasn't a grand slam.

This Papi guy really stinks!

Time to move the "No he Dih-Ent" thread back to the top.

Sox4ever

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Joe:  I understand your (and other folks too) and somewhat agree with it.  Thing is, I kind of feel bad for Bill - sure he may not be the sharpest tack in the box and posts some wild stuff, but he's usually friendly and he doesn't resort to personal attacks/name calling like that Conan idiot does.  Also, I guess when you hit the ball over the fence (he got another one today) - ya' don't need to run too hard - LOL :).

[/QUOTE]

except bill does resort to name calling..... he is worse than conan

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

This  might be Bill's most foolish thread yet.  Sadly, he's probably got even more foolish ones yet to come.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

But, the girl's stats were 36-24-36. What's Dad got to say about them apples?

Sox4ever

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

except bill does resort to name calling..... he is worse than conan

[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't read all of his posts, but the ones I have he's needled Obama and Liberals - certainly tame when compared to other frequent posters like that Conan dipstick.  And at least Bill posts actual thoughts - as crazy as most of them are.  Conan and his ilk only come on here to "hit-and-run" slam others' thoughts while providing none of their own. 

Sections
Shortcuts