D H needs to be more PRODUCTIVE...........Just saying .......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: D H needs to be more PRODUCTIVE...........Just saying .......

Here's what we need to recognize about the origins of the OP--Bill-806's diatribe against Ortiz--and softlaw's partial defense of Bill-806.  Both of them believe Ben Cherington is an idiot and incompetent and either one of them would do a better job.  Thus both are enormously disappointed that not only is Ortiz hitting well (and looking healthy), but the team is doing well with the best W-L in the American League and the best hitting (best OPS, most runs, etc) in the AL. 

Both of them have assured us the Sox have very little talent because the wrong deals were made in the offseason and their collapse is immiment, which it has been since the beginning of the season.   Consequently, they would prefer to see Ellsbury and Drew and possibly a few others dumped from the team ASAP to make room for the all that talent in the minors--forgetting, of course, that injuries have a way of giving players opportunities.  Thus Bradley has been to the big club, as has Iglesias.  Iggy has definitely taken advantage of his opportunities, Bradley not so much, but Bill-806 and softlaw have not lessened their support for Bradley one iota--Ellsbury needs to go, whether or not a good deal can be worked out.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Here's what we need to recognize about the origins of the OP--Bill-806's diatribe against Ortiz--and softlaw's partial defense of Bill-806.  Both of them believe Ben Cherington is an idiot and incompetent and either one of them would do a better job.  Thus both are enormously disappointed that not only is Ortiz hitting well (and looking healthy), but the team is doing well with the best W-L in the American League and the best hitting (best OPS, most runs, etc) in the AL. 

Both of them have assured us the Sox have very little talent because the wrong deals were made in the offseason and their collapse is immiment, which it has been since the beginning of the season.   Consequently, they would prefer to see Ellsbury and Drew and possibly a few others dumped from the team ASAP to make room for the all that talent in the minors--forgetting, of course, that injuries have a way of giving players opportunities.  Thus Bradley has been to the big club, as has Iglesias.  Iggy has definitely taken advantage of his opportunities, Bradley not so much, but Bill-806 and softlaw have not lessened their support for Bradley one iota--Ellsbury needs to go, whether or not a good deal can be worked out.   

WRONG..... I never said that I could do a better job than BEN........  Howevaa,  i have been "making deals for the RED SOX evaa since Don Buddin,Gary Giega,Pete Runnells, Dick Gernat, Billy Klaus, Billy Consolo have been roaming Fenway PAAAAK..... That would be long before the "GREAT AL GORE" gave me the tools to be  G M & MANAGER on a daily/hourly basis !!!!    Thank You !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

You may not have used those exact words.  But here's just one of the things you have said, in your 'over/under' thread that I just bumped.

He's in the last stage of his career, the washed up punch and judy hitter stage.

And you're taking "punch and judy hitter" to mean he "has no pop?" Laughing

Ortiz is hitting .322 and has punched judy 13 times in only 171 at-bats. Only Evan Gattis has a better ratio (though he's hitting .258). Also, Papi has 48 RBI in only 45 games. Only Miguel Cabrera is averaging and RBI-plus per game among the leaders.

That is one washed up DH we have has punched judy 13 times (the most by any DH) in 171 plate appearances,

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

WRONG..... I never said that I could do a better job than BEN........  Howevaa,  i have been "making deals for the RED SOX evaa since Don Buddin,Gary Giega,Pete Runnells, Dick Gernat, Billy Klaus, Billy Consolo have been roaming Fenway PAAAAK..... That would be long before the "GREAT AL GORE" gave me the tools to be  G M & MANAGER on a daily/hourly basis !!!!    Thank You !!!

I haven't played this forum game for a spell, and when I did, I didn't waste time correcting spelling, but when it comes to names of my boyhood idols, I feel moved to come to their defense. A little respect for Sox alumni would be nice. You blew 3 in a row.  Gary Geiger, Dick Gernert, and Pete Runnels were 3 of my favorites.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to jimedfred's comment:

The one area of discord I have with some posters here : Why is it impossible to criticize or dislike the performance or results of the Obama Mis-administration without being a racist ?

During the previous administration we were continually reminded that dissent is patriotic. I agree. However now to disagree is to be a bigot ?

In open, objective debate we can't just agree to disagree about goals, methods, and policies ?  Why does everything have to devolve to race issues ? I personally would dislike the leftist tilt in Washington if the President were caucasian, instead of mixed race. Color matters not, character does.

Because it has absolutely nothing fo do with baseball. Go to the politics thread there. I'm Pissed about the nsa stuff but in not talking about it here.

Btw did bill get banned?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

I agree on subject location, just felt like responding to a couple of " racist " barbs contained in THIS thread.

Sections
Shortcuts