DAD says ....... "SON, don't be surprised if you see............

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

DAD says ....... "SON, don't be surprised if you see............

Grady Sizemore & Johnny Gomes splitting LEFT field"..........   What say you, all you experts of BASEBALL ??????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: DAD says .......

I guess billy missed all those games last year where Nava manned a very good LF, all while being one of the RS most consistent hitters?  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

I guess billy missed all those games last year where Nava manned a very good LF, all while being one of the RS most consistent hitters?  

Yes, NAVA played well and "has value"....... Howevaaaa, if healthy (???????) Sizemore will be a great addition and then NAVA will get time @ 1st base, Rightfield, or will be a "chip" for Ben .....  I know (before you say it) Sizemore is a BIG IFFFFFF.... Lets see how it plays out , thats what S T is for !!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Yes!   Huge IF!  Having said that, I would love nothing more than to see Sizemore shock the baseball world & come back, stay healthy,  and become a big part of this OF!!!   IF hd does so, he could be a game changer in man y a game!  I would love to see him give this team the option of beingable to consistently give cover to what could become one of the better OF's in baseball.  Keeping Vic rested & healthy would be a huge bonus!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Yes!   Huge IF!  Having said that, I would love nothing more than to see Sizemore shock the baseball world & come back, stay healthy,  and become a big part of this OF!!!   IF hd does so, he could be a game changer in man y a game!  I would love to see him give this team the option of beingable to consistently give cover to what could become one of the better OF's in baseball.  Keeping Vic rested & healthy would be a huge bonus!

GEE  WHIZZZZ....... DAD just called.......  "SON, did REDSOXDIRTDOG just agree with you" ????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Nava was number 15 IN ALL OF BASEBALL last year with a .385 OBP.  He has shown marked improvement with his D and has earned the starting LF job.  As far as I'm concerned, he should be our leadoff hitter.  He will not be a sub for the OF and 1B.  Napps played EXCELLENT D at 1B.  Nava will probably be his sub at 1st when he needs an off day though.  The TRUE competition will be between Sizemore and JBJ......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Nava was number 15 IN ALL OF BASEBALL last year with a .385 OBP.  He has shown marked improvement with his D and has earned the starting LF job.  As far as I'm concerned, he should be our leadoff hitter.  He will not be a sub for the OF and 1B.  Napps played EXCELLENT D at 1B.  Nava will probably be his sub at 1st when he needs an off day though.  The TRUE competition will be between Sizemore and JBJ......

OK

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

GEE  WHIZZZZ....... DAD just called.......  "SON, did REDSOXDIRTDOG just agree with you" ????

The dog is also shocked!  He is presently reconsidering how his life could have spiralled so out of control;)  I heard it's snowing in Hawaii???   

Can't

See

Screen

Computer

Compromised

Not

In

Control

Pike

Was

Right

Too

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Grady Sizemore & Johnny Gomes splitting LEFT field"..........   What say you, all you experts of BASEBALL ??????

I foresee Sizemore playing CF and splitting time with Victorino there...with Nava/Gomes in LF and Victorino/Nava in RF.

I think JBJ misses the cut to start the season unless Carp or Nava are moved.

For the record, if healthy enough to play, Sizemore is one of the better CF's in the game...that is where he should play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

I would not be surprised if Grady plays center once in a while while JBJ gets moved over to left when it happens.  JBJ plays all three outfield positions pretty well

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

I agree on Nava..leadoff

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to crowtrobot's comment:

Most of the Sox games are night games. Bill is asleep before those games even start.

that is why they have sox in 2 the next day.  Breakfast with the sox used to be the best.

Sections
Shortcuts