DAD says, "SON, don't do it, but me thinks that BIG PAPI is on"..........

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: DAD says,

Substitute Red Sox for Ortiz.  The Red Sox are on a slide. The question is : Can it be reversed ?  Stay tuned.

Stabbed by Foulke.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to Leftfielder61's comment:

Bill are you so upset about your failed perdiction that Ortiz wouldn't be able to play this year or he would be a ineffective player or that he would injuried within a few games that you have to write anti-Ortiz treads to feel better?

Serious question - would you not agree he has been the teams best and most consistent offensive force this season? Please answer that.

Yes he has, right up to the AllStar break.......  Just saying, looks to be going backwards at this time .......  Actually, the entire offense looks to be on the slide !!!

I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my question.

My point to you would be - You named your thread that Big Papi is on the slide, but then you admitted the entire offense is sliding. The only reason to feature Big Papi in the title is to inflame and troll the forum. 

Not a good way to demonstrate Respect.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

waht about 'humor' ?

Humor can be funny

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Substitute Red Sox for Ortiz.  The Red Sox are on a slide. The question is : Can it be reversed ?  Stay tuned.

Stabbed by Foulke.

Good question. What do you think the sox need to reverse this?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to bald-predictions's comment:

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

waht about 'humor' ?

Humor can be funny

As Yogi would say ...............  "Cash is as good as Money"  !!!!!

LOL bill!  I think we all can agree with that Wink

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

BILL,

You smashed your head against this same wall earlier this year. Has the bump even gone away yet?

Sox4ever

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

Really? Dumb thread?  How many homers does he have since the all star break?  How many since July 1st?  Last night close game and any hit would have been clutch but Papi chooses to go 0 for 4.

Wow, he chose to go 0-for-4? He should be released immediately!

And absolutely, a clutch hit last night could have made all the difference. A seven-run homer and we're right back in it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Yes he has, right up to the AllStar break.......  Just saying, looks to be going backwards at this time .......  Actually, the entire offense looks to be on the slide !!!

Judas Priest, less than two weeks ago Papi had back-to-back four-hit games. He's 7th in MLB in average and fourth in OPS. You can take a tiny sample and pee on anyone's season.

In his .406 season in 1941, there was  a five-game stretch in which Ted Williams went 0-for-7. Had this board existed then, I can only imagine...

Like Dad says, The Kid is washed up!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Wow, what a shock, another dumb thread about Ortiz by Bill.

Ortiz was only hitting .324 coming into this game.

Really? Dumb thread?  How many homers does he have since the all star break?  How many since July 1st?  Last night close game and any hit would have been clutch but Papi chooses to go 0 for 4.

Well he is fourth in the AL in OPS.  I don't know if you know this but that is considered good.

Last 7 games 8 for 28 with two home runs.

Bill and Jackbu need a new obsession.

that's not what I asked?  I asked how many since the break and since July 1. I think 2 in july is the number for that month. 

with that last strike out he is 1 for his last 11.

BINGO  !!!!

11 at  bats.   Only a supergenius could extrapolite such a tiny sample size to a firm view on future performance.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

We need more threads like this.

Tongue Out 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

What Bill needs is to get to hit in the head by one of David's home runs.  It might be the only thing that can knock any sense into him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

What Bill needs is to get to hit in the head by one of David's home runs.  It might be the only thing that can knock any sense into him.

Like the one he just hit to deep center? I think that one was dedicated to Bill and Jackbu.

Yup. Keep bashing Papi and keep looking like a couple of fools. Theres a reason most dont take certain posters seriously around here when it comes to baseball knowlwdge.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Bill's right,  that home run just  now traveled  a couple feet shorter than some of his earlier ones.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Good thing he chose to hit a home run tonight.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Some "fans" don't deserve Big Papi.

-Daf.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Big Papi continues to disappoint ....the Ortiz haters

"When this you see, remember me, and bear me in your mind. Let all the world say what they may,speak of me as you find."   - Brian Jones epitaph 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It still never ceases to amaze me how many posters react to small sample size slumps as if they are some sign of sudden and/or rapid decline or as a sign of what is to come in the immediate or longterm future.

Sox4ever

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

Also Bill I took a look at the stats - something I am sure you didn't bother to do. Ortiz pre All Star Game .317 ba .402 obp ....post All Star Game with todays 2 for 4 .346 ba and .415 obp. Not exactly my defination of Sliding.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

It still never ceases to amaze me how many posters react to small sample size slumps as if they are some sign of sudden and/or rapid decline or as a sign of what is to come in the immediate or longterm future. 

Sox4ever

Bill goes beyond over-reacting to small sample sizes.  Bill hates Ortiz and he's clueless about baseball.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Sox4ever

Bill goes beyond over-reacting to small sample sizes.  Bill hates Ortiz and he's clueless about baseball.

Lets not forget to include his chumly chum jackbu too. He deserves just as much as bill does.

Sections
Shortcuts