DAD THINKS THAT A-GONZO GOT HURT IN THE H R DERBY CONTEST......

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Re: DAD THINKS THAT A-GONZO GOT HURT IN THE H R DERBY CONTEST......

Dad's not the only one who thinks that.  I've noticed that Gonzo hasn't been the same since the AS break. 

Telling signs for me are that he's slower and doesn't run as hard as he used to.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to DAD THINKS THAT A-GONZO GOT HURT IN THE H R DERBY CONTEST......:
    [QUOTE]   HAS NOT BEEN THE SAME SINCE.... COULD IT BE THAT HE AGRAVATED THE SHOULDER A BIT ?? I WILL PUT A CALL INTO THEO AND TITO..... WHAT SAY YOU ???
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

I think Dad's been at the bottle again. It's called a slump. Even the best hitters have them.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BILLS-DAD. Show BILLS-DAD's posts

[QUOTE]   HAS NOT BEEN THE SAME SINCE.... COULD IT BE THAT HE AGRAVATED THE SHOULDER A BIT ?? I WILL PUT A CALL INTO THEO AND TITO..... WHAT SAY YOU ???

SON, THE ONLY THING I THINK IS THAT YOU CONTINUE TO DISGRACE THE WHOLE FAMILY WITH ONE INANE THREAD AFTER ANOTHER. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

yeah lets blame it on something, geez louise if he should simply not hit a homerun for a while.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Of late, he seems to be consistently getting fooled by the breaking ball down and away.  And, he is not catching up with more than a few fastballs that he was all over earlier in the season.

Like so many others, he may have tweaked a minor injury, or it may be that he is just not as fresh as he was coming out of the chute.  Perhaps, a day off here and there would revitalize him.

In addition, spelling him for a game or two on occasion would give some of the bench players a few more at bats keeping them involved which is something Tito likes to do.  But that's the manager's job, to manage.  So I'll just leave it up to Tito. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: DAD THINKS THAT A-GONZO GOT HURT IN THE H R DERBY CONTEST......:
    [QUOTE]In Response to DAD THINKS THAT A-GONZO GOT HURT IN THE H R DERBY CONTEST...... : Of late, he seems to be consistently getting fooled by the breaking ball down and away.  And, he is not catching up with more than a few fastballs that he was all over earlier in the season. Like so many others, he may have tweaked a minor injury, or it may be that he is just not as fresh as he was coming out of the chute.  Perhaps, a day off here and there would revitalize him. In addition, spelling him for a game or two on occasion would give some of the bench players a few more at bats keeping them involved which is something Tito likes to do.  But that's the manager's job, to manage.  So I'll just leave it up to Tito. 
    Posted by dustcover[/QUOTE]

I agree. Give him at least 1 day off a week from here on. He will be well rested come playoff time when his bat will be needed the most.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Power slump maybe, but he still drives in runs.  Nothing to worry about ....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

well Bill, last nite agon was 2 for 3 with 2 runs scored and 2 rbi. also, sorry to hear that you lost your dad 30 years ago. I just lost mine this past march. even though I'm sure you are a father as I am, the day just doesn't really mean the same anymore.

don't worry about agon old friend. he's gonna be just fine. hey, how bout that little sparkplug pedie, shaved his beard and went 4 for 5.....wow, tell theo and tito to keep in in the 4 hole.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thewags. Show thewags's posts

I'm going to agree with Dad on this one.

It isnt necessarily that he is hurt though, it could all be in his timing, trying to get back in that rhythm. Not as likely as a minor shoulder twinge, but a possibility.

It's clear something's wrong with his power though. He's still putting up numbers, so its not really a "slump", but in so far as he has had one this year, it is minorly troubling.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Adrian has always gone through long hot and cold spells hitting HRs.  Who cares Bill (and Dad)?  The man is still smacking the ball around and driving in runs. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Big-E. Show Big-E's posts

See "Dustcover" above for an accurate analysis of Adrian's current timing issues; Fielder is having similar problems, and it's been noted about other hitters in the past. Going up there trying to hit it out is always a mistake during the season, so why is it irrational to suggest it in this case ? The guy is a beautiful pure hitter who uses the entire field - he shouldn't risk messing it up for some gimmicky event at the All Star Game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Good grief! As long as he is driving in runs, who cares if it's by a single or HR.
    The guy is leading the league in almost every offensive category. Papi hasn't had a HR in probably just as many games as Agon, yet he is still around over .300 as well.
    And people call ME pessimistic! Geez........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

In Response to Re: DAD THINKS THAT A-GONZO GOT HURT IN THE H R DERBY CONTEST......:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: DAD THINKS THAT A-GONZO GOT HURT IN THE H R DERBY CONTEST...... :    YOUNG MAN,  MY DAD KNEW MORE ABOUT BASEBALL THAN ANY OF YOU SMART-ARRSS  LIBERAL T-BALLERS.... AND HE HAS BEEN GONE FOR OVER 30 YEARS !!!!!

You mean because one is a Liberal, one knows nothing about baseball? That's a first. They claim to know everything.

Question: Is a T-Baller the same as Tea Party?  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Freaky thing is, Bill, that I had a "been there before" moment when I saw your OP title ...

Can't be because we haven't had Adrian before, but it sure was odd....

Sections
Shortcuts