DAD'S DAY

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

DAD'S DAY

Good Morning all...i wanted to take the opportunity to wish all of you gents with children a Happy Father's Day, and also to your Dads and Grandfathers(those who are still with us)..also to our female posters who may be both Mom and Dad..hope you all have a blessed day....guys remember the men who helped get us here and pass down to us their love of the game..this will be FD number two without my Dad(passed in 09)..love you and still miss you Dad(RIP)...Enjoy your day fellas.....Cool

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: DAD'S DAY

Thanks Jete,
      and the same for you and all the dads out there..Got a good baseball story about your Dad?? heres mine..
    When the strike was going on in 1981, I was bugging the heck out of my Dad to take me to a game..After about an hour or 2 of constant nagging, my dad finally broke down and took me to a Lynn Sailors game.  As we make our way in, not many people were there, we find a nice spot on the 3rd base line. Low and behold whos sitting there but non other than Ted Williams and Gary Allenson. Now I was young and knew of Teddy Ballgame, as my dad would call him, but I dont think i fully understood what this man did. My Dad on the other hand was awestruck. I think he must have been chatting it up with TW and GA for a good part of  6 innings..He said to me "Son, this is the best ballplayer to EVER play the game of baseball..And a true war hero" I stood up, shook his hand and said "Its a pleasure to meet you sir."  Williams laughed and asked me if I played, I said yes. He said that if i wanted to be the best, 'Id have to work really hard for it, but always love the game first."
    I know for me that was a great experience. For my Dad.....HEAVEN!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

AS MY DAD WOULD SAY ......... "SON, WHY IS IT THAT FATHERS DAY IS ALWAYS SUNNY & WARM, BUT IT RAINS ON MOTHERS DAY" ????   ENJOY ALL !!    GO RED SOX, THEO & TITO TOO !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Thanks Jete ...

I literaly started to open a thread for this.  At the last second I saw yours.  (And, mods, please note, I restrained myself so as not to make a repititious one.)

Happy Father's Day to you all. 

Or Happy Day to you all, so as not to leave out Kim and Yoshi or any other of the fairer ones or those who have not yet sired a human offspring.

And Happy Father's Day to you fellas that have been successful in species advancement.

And Father's Day to those of you who aren't happy.  We  don't mean to be mean and leave you out and thus give you further reason to remain ... not happy.

Has there ever been an Unhappy Father's Day?  I'll check with Hallmark.

I'd have been a little happier if the Sox had won yesterday, but I appreciate the sentiment they had in allowing it to solely be a day for a day for the Stanley Cup Champion Bruins.

Wasn't that nice of the  guys?    Blame Tito.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Hey Jete.Happy Fathers day to all.Enjoy the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIt0NLJQvTY

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

The most famous father-son combo  the Griffey’s,  Ken Griffey Jr. and Ken Griffey Sr.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

You beat me to it, Jete!  I was going to start a thread for all the fathers out there and wish them a happy father's day!

Well, Dads - be proud of yourselves and your children! Dads rock!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

In Response to DAD'S DAY:
    [QUOTE]Good Morning all...i wanted to take the opportunity to wish all of you gents with children a Happy Father's Day, and also to your Dads and Grandfathers(those who are still with us)..also to our female posters who may be both Mom and Dad..hope you all have a blessed day....guys remember the men who helped get us here and pass down to us their love of the game..this will be FD number two without my Dad(passed in 09)..love you and still miss you Dad(RIP)...Enjoy your day fellas.....
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jete, (You recieved my vote as the classiest poster). My dad has moved on to better things as well. I still remember my first game with Dad and the great Harmon Killibrew (RIP) hitting a shot that I believe is still traveling our globe today! I wish you a great fathers day and remember Dad is always with us. He will always be there in ways that we can never understand!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: DAD'S DAY:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: DAD'S DAY :  That's an awesome story. My dad wasn't a big baseball fan, and rarely came to watch me play ball. He was a working man. One day, he did come to watch a Babe Ruth League game. I was playing second base, and during the game, called me outside of the dugout to tell me I wasn't standing in the right spot. He told me I should be standing on the second base bag. I thanked him and went back to the dugout. He was trying to help.  I miss him.
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]

That too, prknsdnld, is a great story..Be proud to have such a hard working dad to take care of things..And although not really knowing much about the game, still trying to help in any way possible..As a true Dad would..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

Ells 5-9 w/ 12 RBI w/ the bases loaded this year.  He ain't a bad player.  6-0 after 1 is the best Father's Day present I've gotten today.  Happy Father's Day to the other pops here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks Jete ...   I literaly started to open a thread for this.  At the last second I saw yours.  (And, mods, please note, I restrained myself so as not to make a repititious one.)   Happy Father's Day to you all.    Or Happy Day to you all, so as not to leave out Kim and Yoshi or any other of the fairer ones or those who have not yet sired a human offspring.   And Happy Father's Day to you fellas that have been successful in species advancement.   And Father's Day to those of you who aren't happy.  We  don't mean to be mean and leave you out and thus give you further reason to remain ... not happy.   Has there ever been an Unhappy Father's Day?  I'll check with Hallmark.    I'd have been a little happier if the Sox had won yesterday, but I appreciate the sentiment they had in allowing it to solely be a day for a day for the Stanley Cup Champion Bruins.   Wasn't that nice of the  guys?    Blame Tito.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Happy, belated now, Father's Day to everyone. 

Thanks, Yaz. Always the gentleman. No kids so I'm not even a mother/father figure, but sweet of you to mention. Happy Father's Day. I hope you had a wonderful time. Smile

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Think nothing of it, Kim.  :o)  Where would we be without you all?  Certainly would be an odd place...

Odder place.

More odd?

Anyway, good day.  And thank you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

• Father's Day was changed for ever for me when my younger son was born on my father's birthday, which coincidentally was also Father's Day.  The year was 1984.  Dad was 67 years older than Logan.  But they never forgot each other's birthday!!!

Dad was THE driving force to get to Fenway.   Some times he would get home from Bridgeport or Hartford late Thursday night (early Friday morning) and after a short nap, he'd walk out and ask if I wanted to go to Fenway, as if it were of no particular import.  I LOVED it but my brothers could care less.  Quite often he'd say, after my brothers would beg off, "Go ask Jeff ...(my best friend) and would extend the invitation to as many as we could get into that '64 Dodge station wagon.  There was room for 8.  And we'd pay a buck a piece for bleacher seats.  8 people .... 8 bucks total.

Ahh ... those were the days.

But we would have just died .... just plain died if the Sox had won a WS when I was a kid....

For that and so much more, I am in my father's debt.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DAD'S DAY : Happy, belated now, Father's Day to everyone.  Thanks, Yaz. Always the gentleman. No kids so I'm not even a mother/father figure, but sweet of you to mention. Happy Father's Day. I hope you had a wonderful time. 
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]GM Kim, hopefully you have time to be such blessed....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Hope you all had a great Father's Day....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Jete, on my way into theshop last night I stopped at the Golden Arches ....took a couple of McDoubles w/me as a snack.

Took a moment to pick on 2 NYY fans who were who were there telling them that team of yours was losing to the Cubs 4-1.   But I did say that it was early and they'd probably come back and win 11-4 ....

I was scarily close.

:o)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]Jete, on my way into theshop last night I stopped at the Golden Arches ....took a couple of McDoubles w/me as a snack. Took a moment to pick on 2 NYY fans who were who were there telling them that team of yours was losing to the Cubs 4-1.   But I did say that it was early and they'd probably come back and win 11-4 .... I was scarily close. :o)
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]LOL...Yaz, you're a nut....i tell ya we almost coughed up Saturday's game, i had to record yesterday's game because i drove out to Brooklyn to watch Phil Hughes pitch for the S.I. Yanks against the Cyclones..he pitched well, up around 94 most of the time...don't know if it will translate when he gets back, but i was encouraged by his outing...i haven't been there since the Cyclones very first game, i'd forgtten how nice Keyspan Park was..had a good time.. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

shouldn't mother's day be 9 months after father's day?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

some would say every day is Mother's Day...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

hey Jetes,
    a belated happy dad's day to you my brothah. yesterday was kind of tough for me having lost my dad back in march. I brought a little american flag with me to mark his spot because they haven't put down the plaque yet. I know you lost your father so you can definately relate.  but anyways, I hope you had a nice day with your guys jetes. I did with mine later on in the day.

hey, not to change the subject but did you see Mo last nite talking to a fan and his kid at the cubs game? what a great guy Mo is and always has been. that kid is gonna remember that for the rest of his life. I was laughing as they showed him with a big smile on his face as his mom was talking on the cell phone. Yes sireee. Mo Rivera is one very classy ballplayer gentleman.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=2604c3c63c96eedd7b70408ba89ebd5c&plckUserId=2604c3c63c96eedd7b70408ba89ebd5c">  Good Morning all...i wanted to take the opportunity to wish all of you gents with children a Happy Father's Day, and also to your Dads and Grandfathers(those who are still with us)..also to our female posters who may be both Mom and Dad..hope you all have a blessed day....guys remember the men who helped get us here and pass down to us their love of the game..this will be FD number two without my Dad(passed in 09)..love you and still miss you Dad(RIP)...Enjoy your day fellas.....Cool
    Happy Belated Father's Day Jete, sorry to hear you lost your dad a couple of years ago. Lost my dad in '91 at the age of 67. He was buried opening day at Fenway, that was and still is a comfort to me. I still miss himCry

Maybe our two dads know each other is heaven, that's a nice thought!

I mentioned this before but in honor of Father's Day I'll mention it again.  I bought a brick for my dad to be placed in Fenway Park so he will always be part of the team he loved.  My sons bought one for me for Mother's Day so next year we'll take in a game and enjoy our bricks.

We spent Father's Day at Nationals Park watching the O's and the Nats.  The lack of hustle, stupid mistakes and mental errors make me appreciate how hard the sox and yanks play. 

I hope you had a great day with your family!