Daisuke Matsuzaka throws in bullpen and Bobby Jenks struggles on...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/7595680/2012-spring-training-boston-red-sox-daisuke-matsuzaka-throws-bullpen

I have always liked Daisuke (except when he was nibbling at the plate) and wish him all the best.

John Farrell and the rest of the staff completely missed the boat in their ability to communicate with and direct him. Hopefully Bobby Valentine can change that.

As for Bobby Jenks? I hope the best for him but have no expectations.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Daisuke Matsuzaka throws in bullpen and Bobby Jenks struggles on...

I'm okay with Dice, but if you want us to remain friends, you'll never mention Jenks' name again.  Just a bad idea.  I think Theo was locked into signing an RP for two years when three years was the norm.  Almost to prove how smart he was.  Downs was a better choice.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Jenks will be fine this year once he is healthy, if that ever happens.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

well, we know that jenks doesn't struggle at the buffet table. I'm actually suprised that with him on the team that there was enough chicken and beer for beckett, lester and company!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

In Response to Re: Daisuke Matsuzaka throws in bullpen and Bobby Jenks struggles on...:
    In Response to Re: Daisuke Matsuzaka throws in bullpen and Bobby Jenks struggles on... : As a kid I was told two things clearly...first. Everyone has their opinions. Secondly and more important? If you have nothing good to say? Have no spoken opinion, keep it to yourself. Rough day? Somehow you felt it important to pi$$ on Bobby Jenks?
    Posted by WesternOregon

No, I'll let jenks do that to himself.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

In Response to Re: Daisuke Matsuzaka throws in bullpen and Bobby Jenks struggles on...:
    In Response to Re: Daisuke Matsuzaka throws in bullpen and Bobby Jenks struggles on... : No, I"ll let jenks do that to himself.
    Posted by TBSHBT1969

Nice backpedal; now that your bladder's empty Mr. Soundbite.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Daisuke Matsuzaka throws in bullpen and Bobby Jenks struggles on... : Joe, Frankly I don't care if we're friends or not. If you have a bone to pick with Theo talk to him. He won two World Series rings and you're still finding fault and have a h@rd-on for tactical "baseball" decisions. Why don't you call a friend who cares dude? Gawd knows you never have to prove how dumb either Theo or I am. You're the mastermind of BoSox baseball. I bow to you. I was just reporting...and then you have to go pi$$ on Theo. I hope you feel all warm, until the pi$$ cools in that northeast breeze at 27 degrees fahrenheit...
    Posted by WesternOregon

Relax, I was kidding.  Jenks just annoys me.  I know BB is not as athletically challenging as other sports, especially for pitchers, but Jenks doesn't look like he puts any effort at all into his conditioning.  And I mean none.  He looks like he is in worse shape than nayone I know.

IRT Theo, I'm a fan.  I don't like the Jenks signing now, but I was okay with it at the time.  But still annoyed at his complete and utter lack of conditioning.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

In Response to Re: Daisuke Matsuzaka throws in bullpen and Bobby Jenks struggles on... : Nice backpedal; now that your bladder's empty Mr. Soundbite.
    Posted by WesternOregon

Hardly back pedaling.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I am looking forward to having Dice-K back this season.  I believe he will have a good season whenever he returns. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I am looking forward to having Dice-K back this season.  I believe he will have a good season whenever he returns. 
    Posted by susan250

Yeah, he's been nothing if not inconsistent, but his career ERA is 4.25.  He could really be the key between a good season and a great season if he could take over after Bard reaches his innings limit.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i always liked dice...i thought it was quite ethnocentric of theo/tito to pluck a japanese guy from their system, who was so successful there, and try to change his entire approach to pitching & preparation...arrogance that bordered on incompetence....like the Cameron signing where Theo decided on some UZR nonsense that Ells should move over for that 37 yr old fossil....Valentine can only improve Dice K's pitching after Theo/Tito's approach

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

i always liked dice...i thought it was quite ethnocentric of theo/tito to pluck a japanese guy from their system, who was so successful there, and try to change his entire approach to pitching & preparation...arrogance that bordered on incompetence...

I agree. They messed up Dice-K good. The World Games didn't help either.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

i always liked dice...i thought it was quite ethnocentric of theo/tito to pluck a japanese guy from their system, who was so successful there, and try to change his entire approach to pitching & preparation...arrogance that bordered on incompetence... I agree. They messed up Dice-K good. The World Games didn't help either.
    Posted by moonslav59

We will never know if they messed him up. After all, it's not uncommon for a pitcher to come over from japan and have early success, only to be mediocre or poor as the league gets used to them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Posted by susan250

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Matsuzaka has only himself to blame for nibbling at the plate and walking hitters.    He's a different pitcher with runners on base and his surgery won't correct it.    He has to learn to attack hitters.

As for Junks, he's a lost cause.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

53 posts by TBSHBT "The Babe Still Hates BeanTown" in one day -- filling all the threads with his posts. If a poster has been banned numerous times under the same name, and everyone knows who he is, why is he still posting on the board? What will it take? To come back again as "HeadofTed"?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Daisuke Matsuzaka throws in bullpen and Bobby Jenks struggles on... : Nice backpedal; now that your bladder's empty Mr. Soundbite.
    Posted by WesternOregon

LOL. Kudos to you for recognizes a troll when you see one. TBSHBT "The Babe Still Hates BeanTown" always shows up during spring training. He says it's because Sox fans invade his town in Florida, and he hates it, and has to come here to go after Sox fans.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

53 posts by TBSHBT "The Babe Still Hates BeanTown" in one day -- filling all the threads with his posts. If a poster has been banned numerous times under the same name, and everyone knows who he is, why is he still posting on the board? What will it take? To come back again as "HeadofTed"?
    Posted by kimsaysthis

HeadofTed?  I haven't seen that name here for at least a couple of years.  Which again means you're lying when you say you've only been here since April, 2010.

Who were you before you were kst?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

In Response to Re: Daisuke Matsuzaka throws in bullpen and Bobby Jenks struggles on... : HeadofTed?  I haven't seen that name here for at least a couple of years.  Which again means you're lying when you say you've only been here since April, 2010. Who were you before you were kst?
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

Ummm....that would be pike or one of his various incarnations.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Daisuke Matsuzaka throws in bullpen and Bobby Jenks struggles on... : HeadofTed?  I haven't seen that name here for at least a couple of years.  Which again means you're lying when you say you've only been here since April, 2010. Who were you before you were kst?
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

I don't know who you are, but, again, I came here in April 2010. "HeadofTed" was here when I got here. He received so many negative comments about it (IMO it should have been removed, and/or not even created), he changed his name to "Thebabestillhatesbeantown" and even had to nerve to ask if that was OK instead. I saw all of that. After being banned numerous times, he came up with TBSHBT, with dashes next to it every time he was banned.

It's unbelievable to me that you Truefan posters will support any Yankee fan or troll on the board to the point of not even being objective about it. You're like a cult. lol And the Truefan site was started by Zac and his Yankee pals to dump into a perfectly functioning Red Sox site, and probably make everyone miserable there -- all the while collecting the Sox fans personal information if they signed up for it as well as their IP addresses. IMO you should all be ashamed of yourselves for your continuing encouragement of posters whose sole purpose in life is to disrupt Sox forums.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

In Response to Re: Daisuke Matsuzaka throws in bullpen and Bobby Jenks struggles on... : I don't know who you are, but, again, I came here in April 2010. "HeadofTed" was here when I got here. He received so many negative comments about it (IMO it should have been removed, and/or not even created), he changed his name to "Thebabestillhatesbeantown" and even had to nerve to ask if that was OK instead. I saw all of that. After being banned numerous times, he came up with TBSHBT, with dashes next to it every time he was banned. It's unbelievable to me that you Truefan posters will support any Yankee fan or troll on the board to the point of not even being objective about it. You're like a cult. lol And the Truefan site was started by Zac and his Yankee pals to dump into a perfectly functioning Red Sox site, and probably make everyone miserable there -- all the while collecting the Sox fans personal information if they signed up for it as well as their IP addresses. IMO you should all be ashamed of yourselves for your continuing encouragement of posters whose sole purpose in life is to disrupt Sox forums.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Another lie by pikette.

I was never "head of ted" and I never asked if it was ok.

First off, I have stated on here many times that Ted is the only sawx player I ever liked.

Secondly, anyone who knows me in the slightest, knows that I would never ask this forum for permission or approval of anything, because I really don't care what anyone's opinion is.

You really need to try and talk baseball pike. Maybe you should start by Googling "baseball" and start with the basics and work your way up from there. Here's a clue for you, it's played with a white sphere with red stitching on it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Daisuke Matsuzaka throws in bullpen and Bobby Jenks struggles on... : Another lie by pikette. I was never "head of ted" and I never asked if it was ok. First off, I have stated on here many times that Ted is the only sawx player I ever liked. Secondly, anyone who knows me in the slightest, knows that I would never ask this forum for permission or approval of anything, because I really don't care what anyone's opinion is. You really need to try and talk baseball pike. Maybe you should start by Googling "baseball" and start with the basics and work your way up from there. Here's a clue for you, it's played with a white sphere with red stitching on it.
    Posted by TBSHBT1969

Yes you were HeadofTed. And you asking for approval was pure sarcasm, which given your new name kinda goes without saying really. It's funny, I remember all your posts to me calling me a "dumb broad". And as I've told you before, you calling me Pike just shows you probably don't have a lot of women in your life, if any.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

In Response to Re: Daisuke Matsuzaka throws in bullpen and Bobby Jenks struggles on... : Yes you were HeadofTed. And you asking for approval was pure sarcasm, which given your new name kinda goes without saying really. It's funny, I remember all your posts to me calling me a "dumb broad". As I've told you before, you calling me Pike just shows you probably don't have a lot of women in your life, if any.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

LOL....when I called you that pike I was The Babe. I was never head of ted no matter what your feeble twisted mind thinks. But again pike, please try to talk baseball. Here's hint number two, the guys in the field wear these leather things on their hands. They are often referred to as "gloves" or "mitts". They use them to try to catch the white sphereroid with the red stitching, also known as a "ball".

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Daisuke Matsuzaka throws in bullpen and Bobby Jenks struggles on... : LOL....when I called you that pike I was The Babe. I was never head of ted no matter what your feeble twisted mind thinks. But again pike, please try to talk baseball. Here's hint number two, the guys in the field wear these leather things on their hands. They are often referred to as "gloves" or "mitts". They use them to try to catch the white sphereroid with the red stitching, also known as a "ball".
    Posted by TBSHBT1969

I never said you called me a "dumb broad" as "HeadofTed".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

In Response to Re: Daisuke Matsuzaka throws in bullpen and Bobby Jenks struggles on... : I never said you called me a "dumb broad" as "HeadofTed".
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Hint number 3. There is a guy on a hill of dirt (known as a "mound") called a pitcher. He throws the white orb (known as a "ball") to a player standing a little over 60 feet away (known as the "batter", not to be confused with what you use to make pancakes in the morning, that is another type of "batter"). That player, the "batter", then tries to hit the "ball" with a piece of wood known as a "bat".

I hope this helps you out pike. Stick around a little more and you actually might learn a little more about this great game we call "baseball".

Sections
Shortcuts