Dale Sveum Interviews to become Red Sox field manager???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

Dale Sveum Interviews to become Red Sox field manager???

WHO???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from millo9496. Show millo9496's posts

Re: Dale Sveum Interviews to become Red Sox field manager???

Sveum was our former 3rd base coach who would routinely send runners and get them thrown out at home. I remember manny wanted to kick his butt on one of them. People were calling for Tito to remove him. Now he is a manger candidate????!!!! What a joke!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"People were calling for Tito to remove him. Now he is a manger candidate????!!!! What a joke!!! "

So you can automatically disquailfy someone from being a good manager because they weren't a good 3rd base coach??  I'm not saying Sveum would be a good manager but I think that's a pretty flawed way to judge that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Well, he's above .500 as an MLB manager , 7-5 with the Brewers.

That's something, I guess.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I think we are settling with a guy like Sveum.....I would much prefer someone who has had Managing experience at the ML level.....like a Tony Pena.....anyone who doesnt is a crap shoot as to whether they will be able to managae at a ML level.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Sveum's third base coaching makes Bogar look like the bastion of caution.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Hmm, something about his being aggressive as a 3B Coach that appeals to me. Aggressive vs. Cautious....I'll take aggressive every time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I think this one gets filed under 'due diligence'...in spite of the good things that have been said about Sveum's managerial abilities, I think bringing in someone with his 'bad call' baggage is the last thing they're going to do under these circumstances. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

In Response to Re: Dale Sveum Interviews to become Red Sox field manager???:
    [QUOTE]I think this one gets filed under 'due diligence'...in spite of the good things that have been said about Sveum's managerial abilities, I think bringing in someone with his 'bad call' baggage is the last thing they're going to do under these circumstances. 
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]
    I agree here. I have no idea who they will hire, really. And frankly, I do not think whomever it is will really have that much value added impact vs. Tito.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]"People were calling for Tito to remove him. Now he is a manger candidate????!!!! What a joke!!! " So you can automatically disquailfy someone from being a good manager because they weren't a good 3rd base coach??  I'm not saying Sveum would be a good manager but I think that's a pretty flawed way to judge that.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

Yeah. That's like saying a bad U.S. Senator would make a bad President! But we all know that not to be true, don't we?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I didn't see the word "hired" connected with his name.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

ROFL! Well said sir. And I note with interest he IS from Chicago... :p Look, we don't need anyone connected to the old regime, assuming true change is what's desired now. Why not start with a fresh face and approach? This club doesn't need someone Cherington would be comfortable with...that's the old way of thinking. It needs a veteran manager who will be respected by the players, yet with enough finesse to handle our tough market. When I hear talk like Demarlo Hale, Sveum, etc. it makes my head hurt. We do NOT need a political appointee!! Think gravitas John....GRAVITAS!!!

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dale Sveum Interviews to become Red Sox field manager??? : Yeah. That's like saying a bad U.S. Senator would make a bad President! But we all know that not to be true, don't we?
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Sveum was our former 3rd base coach who would routinely send runners and get them thrown out at home. I remember manny wanted to kick his butt on one of them. People were calling for Tito to remove him. Now he is a manger candidate????!!!! What a joke!!!
    Posted by millo9496[/QUOTE]

This move worries me, I couldn't even believe the Sox are considering Dale.  He wasn't the most popular guy in Boston but he would kick some a.ss.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

The problem with Sveum is that he'd frequently hold them when he should send them, or send them when he should hold them at 3rd. It wasn't that he leaned towards the overly aggressive side. He just leaned heavily towards the wrong decision side! I've heard he's a nice guy, but he's not what's needed.

[QUOTE]Hmm, something about his being aggressive as a 3B Coach that appeals to me. Aggressive vs. Cautious....I'll take aggressive every time.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

I doubt very much it'll happen. Think it's more about interviewing a wide variety of candidates, so that it could be said due dilligence was done.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dale Sveum Interviews to become Red Sox field manager??? : This move worries me, I couldn't even believe the Sox are considering Dale.  He wasn't the most popular guy in Boston but he would kick some a.ss.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts