damon for HOF?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: damon for HOF?

In Response to Re: damon for HOF?:
    [QUOTE]Damon won't get in because other than 3000 hits he'd be the first guy in who didn't stand out in any other category.
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTEOH REALLY? LIKE DON SUTTON? AND TONS of others in the HOF? damon's legacy is that he helped change the personality of a team you may know that stopped a 86 y losing streak! brought the same tude to NY to help them win a ring. played in the 2 most hi pressure environments and was always on the A-list. he has always been a winner. winning is the key that will separate damon as well as consistent production. did u not read the article? he's one of only 3 men in some very key stat. damon could do it all very well. not necessarily great at anything but very good for a very long time gets one in the HOF. was great at WINNING!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: damon for HOF? : And how do we know that Damon didn't cheat?  Or how do we know that the increased offensive numbers were solely due to cheating.  It could've been smaller stadiums, different balls, expansion, etc..  I'm not sure it was just steroids, considering that pitchers used steroids as well.  Also keep in mind that there are a whole bunch of players who I'm sure are still cheating; the drug testers are always one step behind the users.... so i wouldn't say it's all steroids. It brings up an interesting point though; the standards absolutely have to be increased for the HOF.  If you want to put a decent player like Damon in, you've gotta put in like 30-40 hitters from this era.  He's with (maybe even a bit below)  a guy like Bobby Abreu, who's a very good but not great player...
    Posted by billsrul
    both abreu and damon should get 3000 hits and be let in. how do we know he didnt juice? for he was never caught or ACCUSED! see how that works now? nomar had some whispers, but same deal there! a-roid should NEVER get in for there is clear evidence.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

lloyd, you might already know this, but the LONDON CALLING album cover was designed based on the cover of ELVIS'S 1st album for RCA.
    check it out.
    E
    L
    V
    I
    S
    P R E S L E Y

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: damon for HOF? : Pssssttttt ..... I think you misspelled your name.Isn't it supposed to be "26ringsandcouNting"?You might have forgotten the N in counting.Don't worry though,I won't tell anyone you made that mistake.It'll be our secret.The other posters would make fun you for it. 
    Posted by mrmojo1120

yeah, I blasted him on another thread for it...I think if your going to troll, then at least KNOW how many rings your fav. team have when making it your username..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I think if JD hits 3000 he'll get in, but nor for a few years after hes eligible..

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Barring career ending injury, Damon will get to 3000 hits and will, therefore, end up in the HOF.

Similarly, I think there's a 60-70% chance Papi gets his 500HR.  If he does he will also end up in the HOF ... especially if he still has some post-season magic for us.  His 2004 heroics + 500HR make him a shoe in IMO ... at least as long as he steers clear of Manny's pharmacist.

And yes, if JD gets 3k hits he will also get in ... chances of that are .0000001% ofc.  Jeez, how does a guy with that much talent and 13 MLB years have only 1400 hits???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from billsrul. Show billsrul's posts

OK, ask yourself this.  Why does 3000 hits matter so much for the hall of fame?  Should 1500 walks get you in the hall of fame (only 15 guys have done that)?  How about a 150+ OPS+ (probably better than looking at pure hits)?   What about 50 WAR?  Have we ever thought about why 3000 hits and 500 HR matter so much for the hall of fame.  The point is, everything needs to be compared to its own era....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

lloyd, you might already know this, but the LONDON CALLING album cover was designed based on the cover of ELVIS'S 1st album for RCA. check it out. E L V I S P R E S L E Y
    Posted by --the--yazzer

I did know that, but I didn't until sometime earlier this year. Great bit of rock and roll trivia.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: damon for HOF? : yeah, I blasted him on another thread for it...I think if your going to troll, then at least KNOW how many rings your fav. team have when making it your username..
    Posted by southpaw777

Of course, he could have made a far worse typo in attempting to spell COUNTING.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to damon for HOF?:
    read the article in the globe.  then checked out the stats.  At the rate he is playing, he could play 2 more seasons, get his 3,000 hits, to a then likely 1800runs, 575 doubles, 115 triples, 275 hr, 1125 rbi, 425 sb....all from a guy who hits 280, 350, 440, 790 for huis career.  He led off for many years.  You'd have to consider him for sure.  Is he pass the immediate answer test...no.  He did not dominate t he OF spot for years like many HOF'ers, but he was consistently very good for alot of years.  Numbers don't lie.  He would have to be considered...
    Posted by adam4522

He'll be inducted when pigs fly. 

Sections
Shortcuts